Lybrate.com has top trusted Pediatricians from across India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Abani Kumar MannaYour feedback matters!
My daughter is about 6 years old. She have hearing problem, as per bera test doctors says that the problem will be cleared as her age grown up. But I feel that her hearing ability is constantly getting down. Please give some suggestion. If you want to see beta test report please help.
My new born baby of 15 days has got watery eyes. Water keeps coming out of her eyes. What needs to be done in this case.
My son is 3 and half year old. And since two weeks he is not eating anything Consulted two doctors. As he continues to vomit on eating anything. He became so lean. I cannot take it. Please advice.
I am 15 years old. What is the best physical exercise or yoga is best for me. and how to do them? Not food habits pls?
My 10 month old baby has runny nose, sneezing and coughs often, my ped suggested asthaline expectorant (3ml -3 times a day) gladimol c (6ml -3 times a day) for 3 days. My baby weight is 8.20 kilo. I just want to check if this is the correct dosage for my baby.
My son two and half year old. Good weight and height. But in this age he have dark circle around eyes. I also have dark circle from my childhood. Let me y this coming and way to cure.
My baby is 7 months old. She is having lots of prickly heat rashes on her body all over the body. I don't knw which powder to use. Please suggest me a good baby prickly heat powder for her to cure fast.
I have baby on Jan 1, his age is 2 & half months. After delivery I have my periods on Feb 14. In this month till I don't have periods. Am also having thyroid and pcod. Now am also feeding my baby. How I can regulate my periods.
My daughter is 9 months old. Is it good to use baby's diapers regularly. Is there any side affects or problems using diapers regularly?
I have 12 months old baby girl. Mere baby girl k sex part par ak hi ched h .kya ye normal h .plz tell me about it.
I have 1 month baby boy. But I have problem of feeding. For more feed of baby what I am do? please suggest something for come more feed for my baby.
Parents are responsible not only for the birth of the child, but also for their well-being. For children, their parents are their first teachers, who inculcate in them the right manners, attitudes and habits. Consequently, you too must be careful in deciding what habits and manners you pass down to your children.
Some of the habits that you should teach your children are:
- Eating healthy food: Children always have the propensity to consume junks and avoid healthy food. It is the duty of the parents to correct this and teach their kids to eat healthy food. You must explain and elucidate the importance and nutritional value of eating healthy food. At the same time, the harm caused by the junk food must also be brought to their notice. You should introduce multiple fruits and green vegetables in the diet. Eating healthy food is a habit that reaps great benefits in the long run.
- Table manners: Children eating on their own generally create a mess. Therefore, you must teach your child the right table manners. When to use spoon or fork and what should be the etiquettes that must be observed while eating with a large group of people must be known to a child. You should begin to treat your child as a grown up as he or she sits at the table.
- Regular brushing of the teeth: The importance of teeth is most acutely felt with advanced age. Therefore, it is imperative that you teach your children to take good care of their teeth. You must educate your child about the necessity of good teeth and see to it that they brush daily and twice a day. Brushing in the morning as well as before going to sleep is equally important and the child must be aware of it.
- Early to bed: It is necessary for children to get adequate sleep. Therefore, you must make it a habit from the very start to put them to sleep early and see to it that that they get sufficient rest.
- Play outdoors: You must make it a habit for your children to play outside more often. Staying at home without any activity has serious repercussions like obesity and lethargy. Therefore, it is extremely important that children involve in sufficient physical activity.
Mere Nephew ki age 8 mah hai or usko body pe red nishan kharish k ho jate hain wo jese hi dood peta hai tu yh nishan ho jate hain thori deir guzarti hai dood piye hue tu phr theek ho jate hain hum ne dood bhi change kr k dekha phr bhi farq ni hai tu please btain k kya karin k yh theek ho or yh kis waja se hote hain?
My baby is 1.6 years old. She eats nothing. I tried many ways. Not evn angrily happily plsyfully. I tried various food. Bt all waste. She remains hungry. Bt evn thn whn I try to feed her. She cries a lot. She not evn want to explore food. Whn plate comes whether it has colors or of different texture. She runs away. She has reduced lots of weight. M getting hopeless now. Evn the food she likes, she wats for 2 days only. Thn again blank. What should I do. Please please help me.
Hello doc my height is 5'10 nd my wife, s height is 5 Now I have a child new born baby I want to know baby's height. Baby grows on me or my wife thanks.
Hello doctors, I have a daughter of 19 months and she faces problem with motion every day. Weeps a lot because it would be very tight and comes in bulky as if for adults. Once passes will be very happy, but struggles a lot for an hour and weeps a lot. Many doctors said drinking fluids will do, mean while use dupholac. We do it, but once we use 10ml of syrup the next motion would be fine. If we stop again same routine. But we cannot use medicine everyday right? Which may not be good to use months together. Another issue is she passes urine for almost 30-40 times a day. Content will also be more and passes like this only from day of birth till date. We did urine culture that's fine, stool test that's fine, scanning even this is fine.
Almost all of us have experienced bloating, gas or an upset stomach. Yet some people experience this problem at a chronic level. Gas occurs in the stomach and intestines due to breakdown of food into energy. All of us pass gas, however some people do more than others. An average person passes gas 5-20 times a day.
An upset stomach can often cause problems and can be a difficult battle for many people. Although the symptoms of gas problems often relate to an improper diet, yet other factors may be also responsible.
Causes and Symptoms of Gas Problems
- Swallowing air: The swallowed air which is not burped out, passes through the digestive system and is released through the opening of the anus. Hiccups can also occur if you have swallowed excessive air.
- Diet: The reaction of different foods varies from one person to another. Also foods that lead to odorous gas may also vary from person to person. Yet, spicy foods and dairy products are the most common causes of gas. Example - Beans, cabbage, onions, radishes, eggs, carbonated drinks, sugar, packaged foods etc.
- Medications: Certain medicines and supplements, including prescription drugs, can lead to gas problems and bloating. Further, medications which change the hormonal balance in the body can also cause bloating.
- Medical problems: Certain medical conditions such as Irritable bowel syndrome or bowel obstruction can also lead to an upset stomach.
Common symptoms of gas problems include gas pain, cramping, bloating, diarrhoea and constipation. In the worst of cases, gas and bloating indicate colon cancer. Such people experience rapid weight loss, anaemia and blood in stools.
Modifying your lifestyle, in particular your dietary practices, is essential to a healthy recovery.
- Avoiding foods such as spaghetti, oats, bran, barley, banana, bread etc. which contain high fibre content is important.
- You can opt for over the counter medications after consulting your physician. Homeopathy and Ayurveda can be also opted as alternative forms of treatment.