Doctor in Park Clinic
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Surgery Of The Facial Nerve
Radiofrequency Neurotomy Procedure
Spine Surgery Treatment
Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi) Treatment
Treatment of Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi)
Assistive Walking Device Training
Vagus Nerve Stimulation ( Epilepsy )
Deep Brain Stimulation Procedure
Submit a review for Park ClinicYour feedback matters!
He had clot in brain a year back, due to which his one side paralysed. After that he recovered from the clot but paralysis treatment is going on since than. There is some visible improvement in leg movement but very less improvement there in hands. People are suggesting for neuro physiotherapy. So I am planning to bring him bangalore and get a better treatment. Do you provide neuro physiotherapy?
I am 21 years old. Have started feeling a frequent tingling sensation in my feet at irregular intervals while sitting cross legged. My weight is 105 kg and height is 174 cm. Have no other problems yet. I have not undergone any tests yet. What can a possible, usual reason for this can be?
Sir I am 27 years old female an having migraine and already on medication. T. sibelium 10 mg hs. Shall I take tab. Restyl o.25 mg along with tab .sibelium.
Alzheimer's Disease is a neurological problem that is characterised by a cognitive decline and memory loss. It is a type of neurodegenerative dementia. The symptoms of Alzheimer's Disease include not being able to absorb and retain new information, lack of reasoning and judging, not being able to take on complex tasks, impaired visuospatial abilities, problems in reading, writing and speech, among many others. If a person has at least two of these symptoms in a debilitating manner, then the diagnosis can be made in favour of Alzheimer's Disease. The main causes of Alzheimer's are shrinkage of the brain size and death of the brain cells. The immune system is also said to trigger this neurodegenerative disease.
1. Connections: Many a times, in Alzheimer's disease, the memory and behaviour of the person changes because the brain is unable to make proper neural connections which can lead to memory loss of how a person behaved and the elements that formed the basis of the patient's cognition. Apparently, the immune system behaves in the same way within the brain and blocks the connection. This happens because there is constant communication between the brain and immune system along neurological lines, which is where the disease first emanates.
2. Inflammation: The brain is prone to inflammation or swelling that is not the normal kind. This inflammation happens as a result of the activation of the infection fighting neurotransmitters and the chemical changes that happen in the brain when an infection strikes. The inflammation usually happens in the plaques or clumps which the brain tries to protect. These clumps are made up of a protein called Amyloid. The immune system is responsible for creating this inflammation in the brain of the patient.
3. Pattern Recognition Receptors: Many of these receptors work in different manners and cooperate with each other to create a response in the brain. These PRRs can be found in the brain plaques, and they develop the signs of danger which further fuels the inflammation in the brain as a matter of protection.
4. Activation of Cells Linked with the Immune System: When the PRRs begin to respond, it basically activates the immune system and the cells of the same. This is the basic reaction that causes the changes in brain which then leads to the attachment of the protein to the tissue that is diseased, in which case Alzheimer's Disease starts. The inflammation that we had spoken about earlier basically happens in the nervous tissue.
It is important to recognise and act on the initial signs of Alzheimer's Disease before it progresses beyond one's control.
Epilepsy is a neurological disease which is characterised by recurring epileptic seizures. These seizures can be brief or can persist for prolonged periods. Vigorous episodes which last long can result in physical injuries such as broken bones.
Causes of Epilepsy
The cause of this condition isn’t very evident; however, most medical practitioners attribute epileptic seizures to brain injury, tumours, infections in the brain or birth defects. Some doctors believe that epilepsy is caused due to genetic mutations and is an outcome of abnormal activity of cells in the brain. Other causes for this condition can be alcohol or narcotics withdrawal and electrolyte problems.
- Repeated seizures
- Impaired memory
- Bouts of fainting
- Short spans of blackout
- Sudden bouts of blinking and chewing
- Inappropriate repetitive movements
Types of Seizures
A seizure, also known as fit, is usually a brief episode characterised by uncontrollable jerking movement and loss of awareness due to abnormal neuronal activity in your brain. A collective occurrence of these seizures causes epilepsy.
There are three types of seizures an epileptic person usually encounters.
- Idiopathic: This kind of seizure has no apparent cause
- Cryptogenic: The doctors believe that there is a cause for the seizure but cannot detect it
- Symptomatic: These seizures occur due to a reason.
- Medication: Medication is the most common treatment in the case of epilepsy. Drugs taken on a regular basis can stop the seizure partially. But in very severe cases, they seem to have no effect at all.
- Surgery: For symptomatic seizures which are caused due to abnormal brain function, surgery can be a way to get rid of seizures. In some minor cases, nerve stimulation in the brain and special diets can be prescribed to control the epileptic seizures.
Five facts about epilepsy you need to know:
- Epilepsy is not psychosis or madness and can be treated easily
- Popular celebrities with epilepsy include Aristotle, Alfred Nobel, Alexander the great, Sir Isaacs Newton, Martin Luther and Julius Caesar etc.
- Woman with epilepsy can have a normal pregnancy
- Newer medicines for epilepsy are effective and very safe
- Surgery can cure epilepsy in some patients.
Malfunctioning of the brain or the central nerves system is what causes the different kinds of neurological disorders to occur. A number of psychological, environmental and biological reasons are the main cause of multiple neurological disorders. There are around 600 neurological disorders which are found out till date where a number of these disorders can completely disrupt your life within no time. Very often people do not understand the problem they are facing, as the detection of symptoms happens much later. People who suffer from any kind of neurological disorders should be careful about their diet and can use numerous home remedies to treat some neurological diseases without any side effect.
1. Regular Exercising
Exercising is not just a technique used to help your body stay fit and healthy, but is also required for your brain to be active. Regular exercising is absolutely essential for staying healthily and happily for a long period of time. Just like your body, your brain also needs its daily dose of exercise. Activities which challenge your brain like solving a puzzle or playing Sudoku helps you keep your mind working in a way it is not used to. This natural and simple remedy can help a lot of people who face different kinds of neurological problems.
2. Relaxation Techniques for Brain
When a person suffers from any kind of neurological disorder, it is very important for them to relax their brain regularly Very common neurological diseases like anxiety, depression, and multiple sclerosis are some of the disorders which can be cured with relaxation techniques. Mental toxins can be cleared with yoga and deep breathing as these techniques help in relieving the stress of the body. Relaxation techniques like yoga help in calming the mind and helps in the better flow of oxygen. This natural method of curing neurological disorders has been used for centuries and has proven its worth in the world of science.
3. Maintaining a Balanced Diet
A balanced diet is very important to help manage different kinds of neurological disorders. A person suffering from any kind of neurological disorder needs to maintain a healthy diet to see a significant change in his/her health. Eating the right type of food at the right time is really important for patients suffering from neurological disorders. Doctors prescribe foods which are rich in Vitamin C, E, B and B6. Eating high saturated fat food can help you manage the problem.
Migraines are one of the most common types of headaches. They are unilateral, pulsating, are accompanied by nausea and vomiting and have an increased sensitivity to light and noise. During an attack, people prefer to lock themselves up in a quiet, dark room and wait for the attack to pass.
Homeopathic remedies for migraine: Homeopathy believes that migraines are just a manifestation of an underlying body problem and so treatment is aimed at addressing the root cause of the problem.
The remedy is chosen based on the presenting symptoms as noted below; however, self-medication is best avoided. Accompanying symptoms in body systems that could seem completely unrelated should also be considered before picking a medicine.
Belladonna is the first chosen medicine for headaches as its effect lasts longer than other medicines. Although relief is brought on by hard pressure over the head, in case the headache persists, Belladonna is prescribed when a person experiences any of the following symptoms:
- Throbbing, shooting, violent pain in the head, where the patients want to scream out
- Feeling of fullness in the head, which worsens when lying down and is better on sitting up
- Unable to tolerate light or noise
- Right-sided pain or pain in the frontal region
- Face appears puffed, red and flushed
- Dilated pupils
- Headaches are usually worse in the afternoon
- Red and glassy eyes
- Can be triggered by exposure to cold air or a cold water head bath
Glonoinum is useful under the following circumstances:
- Where the pain is congestive, with a feeling of head being too big
- The patient is seen holding his or her head
- Head feels very warm
- Protruding eyes
- Triggered by sun exposure
- Improved by sleeping, after removing any headgear that is worn
- Worsened by walking
Nux Vomica is recommended under the following conditions:
- Headache is often in the back of the head, and also around the eyes.
- Usually worsens in the morning
- When migraine is associated with gastric troubles
- Jaundiced appearance with pale complexion and yellow eyes
- Suffer from indigestion, constipation, piles or flatulence
- Induced by coffee, spicy foods, or alcohol
- Worsened by stooping and coughing
- Relieved by holding or pressing the head hard
- Migraine is associated with intense nausea, vomiting or acidity
- Burning sensation in the digestive tract, sternum and throat
- Reflux of acid, causing a sour, bitter taste for the patient along with belching
- Associated with diarrhea
- Headache preceded with a blurred vision