Submit a review for ILSYour feedback matters!
Arthritis is an inflammatory condition that affects the joints and bones of the patient and creates general problems when it comes to mobility and other such postures, which require some amount of physical stamina and strain. This kind of condition can be of many types. Furthermore, it can affect many different parts of the body right from the knees to the shoulders and the wrists. There are many forms of treatment for this condition, which may be carried out by orthopedic specialists as well as other practitioners of alternative medicine.
Read on to find out why Ayurveda is one of the best ways to deal with this condition.
- Ancient science: Ayurveda is an ancient science that is steeped in the logic of ages, and it has been allowed to evolve over numerous centuries, which makes it all the more authentic when it comes to various forms of treatment.
- Combination of measures: Ayurveda is not just a field of medicine, but it is primarily known as a life science because it combines a variety of measures that have to do with inside out cleansing of the system. From massages to herbal medicines, yoga postures to lifestyle changes, this form of treatment can help the patient get rid of the condition rather than just treat the symptoms.
- Massages: When we use a particular oil or herb to massage our bodies, we are actually imbibing the goodness and richness of those elements, which are ideal for the condition that we are suffering from. This oil that may be derived from cloves or various other elements that are naturally found, can actually seep right into the bones and joints to repair the condition. Mustard oil and camphor are also well known oils for arthritis.
- Doshas: Ayurveda depends on the various doshas for a proper form of diagnosis, and arthritis comes under the Data dosha. This typically affects the energy, surrounding the proper functioning of the joints and therefore, one can safely say that this is a well-researched body of science, which is being put to use so as to prescribe medicines and other forms of treatment for that particular dosha.
- Exercise: The yogic postures are known to have helped many people and the various asanas that are specifically required for an arthritis patient will help in doing away with the root cause of the disease. These asanas include the less rigorous ones that can build strength and stamina so that the patient is able to lead a more normal and healthy life.
- Lifestyle changes: The diet changes that will be prescribed for arthritis-affected patients along with the changes in one’s routine, will help in reaching the root cause of the condition so that he or she may get a better chance at normalcy in the long run. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.
Knee pain is something that can affect anyone - irrespective of their age. While sometimes it may be of minor importance - and can easily be handled by self-care, often, lingering pain is a manifestation of some other serious underlying problem, such as arthritis. In this case, it is imperative that you consult a doctor and take appropriate measures to combat it.
Arthritis: The chief cause of lingering knee pain, arthritis itself can be of a number of types:
- Osteoarthritis, which is a result of deterioration of cartilages due to wear and tear
- Rheumatoid Arthritis, an inflammatory chronic disorder
- Septic Arthritis, causing pain, swelling and redness.
- Gout caused due to the development of uric acid crystals in the joints
Fractures: These are caused by the breaking up of the kneecap due to falls or collisions.
ACL Injuries: Caused due to the tearing of the anterior cruciate ligament (that connects the femur and the shinbone). Especially common in sportspersons such as footballers or basketball players.
Meniscus tears: The meniscus or the rubber-like cartilage (that acts as a shock absorber) can be torn by sudden jerks or excess pressure.
Symptoms:The major symptoms of knee pain include weakness, redness, instability, stiffness or the inability to properly straighten or move the leg. Often, a deformity is also visible, such as a bone sticking out of the leg - in which case it is advisable to consult a doctor immediately.
- Possible risks: Factors which include the odds of being inflicted by knee pain and cause serious complications include :
- Being overweight: This exponentially increases the stress or pressure that is applied on the knee joints - even in doing mundane tasks like walking up and down stairs.
- Excessive physical activity: Some activities, such as sports apply excess stress on the knees as compared to other tasks.
- Loss of muscle flexibility: Tightness or weakness in muscles causes increasing number of problems in the knees.
I am suffering from gout last 15 years I take medicine Zyloric 300 ,one bad daily Please tell how to control uric acid.
I Am A 21 Year Old Guy I Have Pain In My Backside Of Neck Left Scapula Pain, Pain In Spine At Different Points And Pain In Knee This Problem Is Start Last Year Pain Started In Upper Body But After Few Months Knee Pain Started I Consulted To Doctors In Sports Injury Centre Delhi They Said All Thing Are Absolutely Fine My Vitamin D Level Is Come Out Very Low But Now After Taking The Granules Of Vitamin D For Three Months Regularly It Reaches To 84 ng And Doctors Said Now It's Maintained And They Suggested To Close Calcium And Vitamin D Dose Now I'm Not On Any medication But I Have Too Much Pain In My Knees And Back, Neck And Scapula Portion Of Left Arm, I Feel Sometimes Not Well Feel Anxiety And Fainting And Feel Vomiting But I Never Vomit In This Situation. I Have Stiffness In My Back side, I Am Too Upset I'm Suffering Since 10-12 Months Doctors Said I'm Fine But I Still In Pain They Said Do Running And Other Physical Activity Etc. And I Have Love To Do This But I Have Fear That I Break My Joints Because In My Left Arm My Elbow Have Also Pain And I Feel Like I Lift Something For Arm strengthening Then I Will Broke My Elbow. I'm In Very Bad Situations I Have Done X-Rays Of My Arm And Spine Also Everything Is Normal In Report What Should I do Please Help Me I'm Suffering This Since 1 Year Even I Can't Sit Straight For 5 Min. While Attending Class In My College And Doing Written Work I Can't Sit Around 5 Min After 5 Min I Feel Too Much Pain And Stiffness in My Backside Of Neck And Back And In My Scapula To Much Friction I Feel It Doesn't Move Smoothly And Clicks Occurs I Have A Pointed Pain In Under Scapula And It Doesn't Fix At Their Place And Every Time I Move My Arm For Relaxing The Muscle Or Scapula The Pain Increases. Please Help Me.
Kindly guide what to do for the knee joint and ankle joint stiffness after getting up. Its too painful to walk for few minutes and later it subsides somehow. If sat for a while, again same pain. What to do doc. Any remedies, medicines or guidance is required as soon as possible.
I am suffering pain in knees, pain in waist, I can't stand much time, I can't do heavy work by hand. I feel pain in several joints. I am taking eltroxin 50 mg for high thyroid (now it is 5.2). I am a female, my height 5 ft, weight 52 kg. Please suggest how can I get cure?
I fell down on my left side, and hand joint bone was slightly dislocated. Our Doctors suggested that at this age (my age 59 Years), its recovery is not possible. I should depend on pain killers, whenever needed. Of course, the pain is not much and it is not troubling me, sometimes I need to depend on Pain killers, which are severe side effects like heavy sleepy even next day, etc. Is there any solution, in Homeopathy or Ayurveda or in Allopathy.
Hello Dr. Mujhe knee oestoarthritis hai. Homopathy medcn le rhi hoon knees mei to pain kam h but Ab legs mei pain rahne laga hai. Ankel ke thoda upar swelling h aur press karne par pain hota h.thighs par bhi swelling si lagti h aur pain h.sumtimes green veins bhi dikhti h. Pls help. Thanks n regards.
I'm having knee pain, I went to orthopedic he suggested me d3 test results are as follows. He prescribed me calcimax and vitamin d3 sachets. I'm taking this from last 10 days but no improvement I'm still having knee pains pain. Please advise what is the causes for knee pain. Vitamin d3 (25 oh) serum - 20.60 chemiluminescence Hemoglobin 11.2 Total count 8200 Esr- 10.
I'm ABHIJITH and my age is 23 .I have pain at knee and when I say sounds are coming at knee from my childhood but I haven't cared it. Kindly suggest me the solution.
Dear team, I am prashant I want advice for my mother she is suffering pain and swelling in her Knee and swelling below knee last 4 year after treatment of ayurvedic medicine she is not getting relax. After checked by MRI doctors found that there is gap between bones in the Spine like L1, L2 SO advice me for best treatment and doctors.
Gout: a brief idea: In the simplest of words gout can be defined as the inflammation of joints due to continuous accretion of urate crystals. An excess of uric acid can make a person suffer from gout. There could be a higher percentage of uric acid in a person's blood due to two chief reasons; an inept excretory system that fails to rid your body of surplus acid and also greater production of the acid. Arthritis is of three kinds; gout is one of those three. Homeopathy is known for its efficacy in treating gout.
Homeopathic remedies for gout:
- Urtica urens can cure gout: This homeopathic medicine is prescribed by a professional practitioner if the person is susceptible to cold. Urtica urens can work on a patient if he or she is allergic to snow, air, touch and water. Hive like eruptions on your ankles, wrists, and shoulders can be treated through regular consumption of this medication.
- Ledum can relieve you of pain: A painful, swollen area that develops on the small joints such as the joints of your toe fingers can be cured with the use of Ledum. The sensation of shooting pain in your limbs or feet can also be dealt with Ledum. Apart from that swollen small joints can be given momentary respite by falling back upon the cold compression therapy. Patients are advised to take this medicine if they exhibit intolerance to external warmth.
- Lycopodium is effective on sore joints: Chalky deposits of urate can be found in a person's knees. This results in chronic gout. Chronic gout has symptoms like limited urination. The urine may or may not have red sediments. People have also been reported with symptoms like extreme backache. Lycopodium successfully cures cases of unceasing gout.
- Try out benzoic acid for a big toe: If your gout is accompanied by stinking yellow urine you probably need Benzoic acid. Gout could be so severe that it might result in a stiff limb. In certain cases it makes a person limp. The thumb of your feet might get swollen making you have a big toe. A big toe usually kills you with tearing pain.
- Arnica deals with bruises: Arnica is your go to solution in case of a throbbing, stinging pain in any part of the body. This medication is a cherished answer to aches in every household. When gout is tender and it hinders free movement, this medicine comes to your aid. The medicine also heals bruised eruptions. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Homeopath.
Tailbone area and both upper hip in always pain for last 1 month. Pain during standing and sitting as well .What to do? Can I get completely cured? please reply what to do? No radiating pain to legs.
I am suffering from bilateral spiking of tibial spine and knee pain very when leading stairs Please advice give me. Thank.
My both legs (between knee and ankle) pains when I put strain on it like running/climbing stairs. Its happening from the past 45 days.
If the weather becomes cool, my legs get pain between knee and feet and feeling uneasy. Is there any problem?
I want to loose my weight at least 5 kg. Its increasing slowly. My all reports are normal (thyroid, sugar, BP, cholesterol) Also I have a problem of varicose veins. Please suggest me a good diet for weight loss and varicose veins.
Normal uric acid levels are 2.4-6.0 mg/dl (female) and 3.4-7.0 mg/dl (male)
- Some diets that are rich in purine end up causing an increased production of uric acid. In other cases, it may be due to a completely sedentary lifestyle. Less intake of water also may be to blame in some cases as water plays an important role in washing out the excess of the uric acid. Regular usage of some medicines also cause the uric acid levels to rise. Another important factor is being overweight as obese people are much more likely to get gout as compared to those who have normal weight.
- It is a tragedy of the modern world that the superior advertising and marketing power of the allopathic system of medicine has eclipsed the good and genuine work of homeopathy. This is largely because homeopathic system of medicine cannot compete with the money power of allopathy. Just because allopathy does not have any cure for gout, patients tend to think that there is no cure for gout at all. People are not aware of the great work that homeopathy can do in the cure of gout. I cannot stress enough here that homeopathic medicines are pretty effective at curing the acute as well as the chronic gout.
Osteoarthritis (OA) is a degenerative disease that affects the various bone joints, leading to painful movement and thereby limiting the patient's mobility. Knees, hips, joints of hands and legs are affected.
Symptoms of OA: The symptoms revolve around the bones and joints including:
- Pain and stiffness of the joints
- Swelling of the joints
- Inability to form a clench
- Difficulty holding things
- Stooped posture
- Weakness of legs and hands
- Reduced height over time.
In most people with OA, the options in allopathy are limited to nonsteroidal analgesics to control pain and in severe cases, surgical correction.
However, homeopathy takes into account the triggering symptoms, the associated symptoms, and the status of the immune system before deciding on a treatment regimen.
With this holistic approach, homeopathy achieve the following:
- Reduce the pain, swelling ,and stiffness
- Slows the pace of further degeneration
- Improves mobility of the affected joint(s)
- Improves the body's overall immune system, thereby allow the body to promote healing on its own
- Homeopathic intervention in the early phases is particularly helpful, as it will arrest disease progression
- It also enable better absorption of minerals and nutrients essential for bone health. This allows healing of existing bone fractures and avoids further bone damage by strengthening the bones.
- Homeopathic treatment also enables the body's chemical state to withstand stress and illnesses better.
- It vitalizes the body's natural healing and ability to repair itself, to create a better state of health and well-being
Some of the popular homeopathic medications based on areas and associated symptoms are listed below:
- Bryonia Alba: Pain worsened with movement, relieved with rest; associated with swelling and stiffness of the joints; difficulty in climbing stairs.
- Calcarea Carbonica: Swelling and pain that is worsened when getting up from a seated position. The joints feel cold and painful.
- Sulphur: Worse with climbing stairs, prolonged standing, feeling of warmth in the knees.
- Colcynthis: Cramping pain improved by pressure.
- Rhus Toxicodendron: Pain when getting up from a seated position.
- Pulsatilla Nigricans: Associated with muscle stiffness and cramping.
- Antimonium Crudum: The pain pain gets worse in cold weather, improved by applying something warm)
- Benzoic Acid: There is an associated crackling sound when the fingers are moved or if there are nodes in the area of joints. . The urine is highly offensive in these people.
- Calcara Fluorica: There are stony hard nodes formed in the joint area, greatly reducing the mobility.
These medications are safe, completely natural, do not induce habit formation, and are approved by FDA. They don't just treat the symptoms but help manage the patient as a whole. This justifies why homeopathy is definitely a good option in treating osteoarthritis. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Homeopath.