Doctor in Dr. Era Dutta's Mind Wellness
Weight Loss Treatment
Treatment of Headaches
Treatment of Depression
Treatment of Sleeping Problems
Management of Smoking Addiction
Treatment of Migraine
Treatment of Sweating
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Underweight & Malabsorption Disorders
Treatment of Anxiety
Treatment of Alcohol Addiction Disorder
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment of Sleepiness Disorder
Treatment of Sleeping Problem
Treatment of Fear
Treatment of Forgetfulness
Treatment for Increasing Concentration
Sleeping Well Procedures
Treatment of Vitamin Deficiency
Treatment of Palpitations
Submit a review for Dr. Era Dutta's Mind WellnessYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
Dr. Era Sharma Dutta provides answers that are very helpful. Mam, i seriously want treatment plz help me plz give me some advice to which doctor i would consult in northeast area of indian.
Radha Mohan Kumar
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Era Sharma Dutta to be very helpful. Thank u vry much ma'am...i will definitely follow ur instructions.... .
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Era Sharma Dutta to be very helpful. Very Good Doctor, helped me a lot.
Dr. Era Sharma Dutta provides answers that are caring and inspiring. Thank you mam
Mukhtar Ahammed Khan
Dr. Era Sharma Dutta provides answers that are caring. Yes. Mam
Dr. Era Sharma Dutta provides answers that are very helpful. Valuable and caring advice helped me to know the reason why I am so
Dear doctor, I have been suffering from anxiety disorder. Along with that I have a phobia that I may die during sleeping time. Whenever I feel alone or insecure I get nonstop thoughts of death. could come out of some fears but I could not get out of the fear of slèeping in AC or Closed room. Is it really dangerous? People will die in a closed room whether AC or NonAc? Sometimes I believe it but when I need to sleep in a room my anxiety triggers. Nonstop thinking makes me to àvoid the same. Why do I think like this? Earlier I was not like this. Only for last 5 years I became like this. Please help me to come out of the problem. I used some medicines but not completely cured.
Hi, I had a big panic attack years ago and it has not left me ect I can not shake it off like the mind is trapped in time warp also bad insomnia. I have tried anti depressants and EDMR treatment where they wave a stick in front of your eyes and 11 sessions of TMS all which did not work.
My daughter is suffering with schizophrenia since 4 years. Treatment is continue under the advice of phycatist. Can I discontinue treatment?
Causes and symptoms of Catatonic depression
Catatonic depression is a kind of depression which is characterized by prolonged periods of speechlessness and motionlessness. It is described as a state of mind that is caused by neurogenic and motor inabilities caused due to dysfunction of various neurotransmitters like glutamate and dopamine. People who suffer from a severe case of this condition, even have difficulty in performing simple regular tasks. For example, the act of eating breakfast may take a span of hours.
Some of the common symptoms of this condition are:
- Feelings of sadness
- A change in appetite causing gain or loss of weight
- Difficulty in concentrating and thinking
- Feelings of restlessness, worthlessness, and guilt
- A loss of interest in any activity
- Trouble sleeping
- Attempts at suicide
- Cynicism and negativism
- Unusual and abnormal movements
- An inability to move and difficulty in speaking
- A refusal to eat or drink due to extreme anxiety
The major causes of catatonic depression are:
1. Abnormal neurotransmitter production - Irregularities in the production of neurotransmitters are believed to be one of the major causative factors of this type of depression. These neurotransmitters present in the brain help cells to communicate with each other. Serotonin and norepinephrine are the neurotransmitters which are mostly associated with this type of depression.
2. Dopamine irregularities - Another reason for this condition is believed to be the irregularities in dopamine, glutamate, and gamma-aminobutyric acid neurotransmitter systems. Underlying neurological, physical, psychiatric or psychological conditions are accompanying issues.
Administering antidepressants or using electroconvulsive therapy are some of the known ways of treatment which have proved effective for getting relief from catatonic depression. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Therapy is an ideal way of freeing your mind over a talk session with a therapist. Here are 10 reasons you should try therapy for a better health of mind.
- Therapy is for everybody: Therapy is not for crazy people with mental illness. It is good for anybody and everybody who wants to gain peace of mind.
- It is easier to talk to a stranger about some matters than a friend: Only a stranger has the ability to recognize an irregularity in you, which your friends cannot. Therapists can dig into matters deeply and arrive at different conclusions.
- You get to learn more about yourself: During therapy, you talk about stuff and come to different realizations about things, which you never thought or cared about before, which allows you to discover a new side of yourself.
- You can get out of your comfort zone: Before going for therapy, you may feel awkward or strange to sit with a stranger and discuss personal matters. However, therapists are professionals and once you open up to them, you will be able to discuss everything with them comfortably.
- You feel supported: There are many issues in life, which seriously affect you, but no one pays heed to them. Your therapist listens and discusses everything you have in mind. Finally, you are heard.
- You develop better self-awareness: Therapy gives you a chance to stop for a moment and contemplate about certain areas of life, which you usually never cared about. What you never thought about might finally affect you, and you will try to improve on it.
- You feel better: You may have serious issues and might be feeling troubled. The therapist gives you suggestions and when you leave the clinic, you are bound to feel much lighter and calmer.
- You can focus on yourself: In the daily hustle bustle of life, you may be so occupied that you never get a chance to think about or focus on yourself. Weekly therapy gives you an hour, which is dedicated only to you to explore your feelings, thoughts, and concerns about life.
- You may be pushing down yourself: Ignorance of serious issues causes a negative effect on your life and health, as well in the lives of your dear ones. Therapy allows you to bring all these ignored issues to light and after recognizing them properly, you can improve upon them.
- Smart, successful people believe in therapy: Therapy is for strong people who have the courage to approach a stranger with their personal issues. Majority of smart and successful people recognize the benefit of therapy and undergo the same for their own benefit.
Therapy is very effective and allows you to express yourself honestly and benefits you in many ways.
Paranoid personality disorder (PPD) is a mental disorder which makes you feel fearful, nervous and suspicious about people or situations around. This disease usually starts to show its signs from early adulthood and is more common in men than women. People suffering from this disorder are unable to maintain close and long lasting relationships with people as they have the habit of blaming and not trusting other people. The most common symptoms of this disorder are:
- Doubting the loyalty of others
- Fear of revealing their own personal information
- A tendency of holding long lasting grudges
- Inability to handle criticisms
- Abrupt instances of anger and instant reaction
- Showing traits of coldness in a relationship
- Having a feeling of always being right
- Having problems in relaxing
- Being stubborn, argumentative and hostile
Causes: The exact cause behind PDD is still unknown, but according to some medical researchers it happens due to a combination of biological and psychological conditions. Additionally, bad emotional experiences during childhood and having gone through a physical or mental trauma also leads to the development of the disease.
Diagnosis: This condition cannot be diagnosed at home and is usually diagnosed by a specialist. The first step taken by a doctor in order to diagnose the disorder is an examination of the medical and psychiatric history of the person. Additionally, if the health records of a person do not indicate anything, then the doctors usually go for some expert opinions by a psychiatrist.
Treatment: Most of the people suffering from this disease are not even aware about it, until someone brings it to their notice. Doctors usually believe that psychotherapy, which is a form of counseling, is the best way to treat PDD. Along with counseling, at times, antipsychotics may be needed in case to case basis.