Doctor in Dr.Arpit
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Treatment of H.I.V
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Liver Problems Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Irritable Bowel Syndrome (Ibs) Treatment
Viral Fever Treatment
Management of Surrogacy
Treatment for Constipation Treatment
Submit a review for Dr.ArpitYour feedback matters!
Ayurveda is an ancient Indian field of medicine that has been in existence since time immemorial. Many people swear by its efficacy and it is also a proper field of study for people who want to practice this form of medicine as doctors. Ayurveda makes use of a variety of herbs and lifestyle changes including diet, rest and massages in order to create a healthier body. Ayurveda combines Yogic postures with these herbs to create various kinds of treatment for varied conditions.
Panchakarma therapy is one of the kinds of Ayurvedic treatments that can greatly benefit the human body in many ways. This is basically made up of five therapies, which aim at removing the toxins from the body of the patient. One must take a proper consultation with a doctor in order to practice this therapy. Read on to know more about this form of treatment and its various benefits.
Five therapies: As mentioned above, this therapy is made up of five therapies including Vamana, Raktamokshana, Nasya, Basti and Virechana. These therapies aim at freeing the body of the toxins that may accumulate and give rise to a variety of conditions and diseases in various organs of the body.
Oils and diet: This therapy is carried out with the help of various medicated oils that help in eliminating the different toxins in one's body. As per the tenets of Ayurveda, one also has to follow a specific diet and a systematic routine along with this therapy so that the Kapha toxins are removed from the body.
Ailments and conditions: There are many kinds of conditions and ailments that can be cured and managed with the help of this therapy. Asthma and cervical spondylitis are some of the conditions. Here, the painful symptoms and attacks can be kept at a minimum because these have to do with the Kapha dosha, which is effectively treated when the Kapha toxins are flushed out of the body following this therapy. This treatment helps in cleansing the body with the help of the various oils and the five therapies that are used here.
Aging process: The Panchakarma therapy helps in preventing the aging process and the signs of aging by replenishing the cells and the energy in the body. This helps in keeping the bones, skin and hair healthy as well since the patient goes through regular bouts of massage in order to get the treatment.
Stress: This treatment eliminates stress as it brings about a more calm state of mind. It does so by strengthening the body through the removal of immunity breaking toxins, which puts the hormones back in balance.
Benefits of Panchakarma Treatment:
- The results of Panchakarma are very powerful and effective. Some of the benefits include:
- The doshas Vata, Pitta and Kapha, will return to their original places and function normally. Mind calms down, and intellect and concentration become sharp.
- It helps to attain a clear and glowing complexion.
- It helps to reverse the negative effects of daily living.
- It restores the natural state of health and wellness by bringing balance in the system and improving bodily function.
- A person undergoing Panchakarma attains longevity, intellect and freedom from diseases.
Pili Annulati is a hair disorder, in which the affected hair has a typical pattern of dark and light banding. People who have pili annulati might well go on to describe their hair as striped or as having silver kinds of beads. This particular condition mainly involves around 20 to 80% of the hair that are present on the scalp, though it can also involve hair present on the face and the whole body. Hair, which gets affected might be prone towards getting broken.
Pili Annulati can crop up during infancy or in childhood or it might also affect people in their later lives. This can be visible with naked eye, though it would be difficult to get noticed on all those people who have dark hair.
There are various kinds of symptoms, which tend to come across when they are faced with this condition. Some of them include:
- Different kinds of colored bands on each strand of hair
- Hair is brittle and so they tend to fall off
- The irregularity of hair could be noticed amongst the normal growth of hair
Causes of Pili Annulati-
- The exact behind the occurrence of Pili Annulati is not known. It usually gets through a gene that is autosomal dominant. Hair getting ringed, which happens during this condition, might well get caused as a result of deficiency in metabolic protein, which leads to the formation of cytoplasmic ribosomes with the hair cells in an abnormal manner, hence, resulting in the unusual formation of keratin which develops in the cortex of one’s hair.
- Most of the cases are thought to be caused due to a mutation in the cells of the hair follicle, which forms the keratin.
Ayurvedic Treatment for Pili Annulati-
Ayurveda looks to treat any problem by implementing natural means, through herbs, powders, pastes, which gets to the root of the problem and that’s where the healing takes place. As Ayurveda is involved in natural treatment methods, hence, people like to prefer undergoing the procedures for solving their health-related problems as there are no side-effects in them.
Some of the methods of Ayurvedic treatment include:
- Herbal hair care shampoos can come to great use and be very effective in treating this problem of ringed hair or Pili Annulati.
- Medicated shampoos can lead to re-growth of hair and hence prevent hair loss.
- Other than this, massaging the hair with olive oil can also be an ideal option for getting this condition healed
- People can also look to have a protein-rich diet, as lack of essential nutrients and protein can lead to this problem.
- So lentils, seeds, fruits, vegetables, meat can be included in one’s diet to heal this problem.
If you suffer from sleeplessness or disrupted sleep at night, you should consider undertaking Ayurvedic measures to deal with the problem. The principle of Ayurveda states that proper sleep is a very important part of maintaining a good health, and any compromise with it could lead to complications.
There are several Ayurvedic principles that you can adopt in order to improve your sleep. They are as follows:
Maintain a disciplined sleep schedule
- It is important for you to be disciplined regarding your sleep.
- Your mind remains dull and slow from 6 pm to 10pm. This is an ideal time for sleeping.
- You should sleep early, which will enable you to sleep well throughout the night, and wake up early the next morning.
- Try having dinner by 7 pm. Your digestive system cools down as the sun begins to set.
- Having an early meal allows proper digestion, which is important for positive sleep.
- While eating any meal, you should not concentrate on any other thing except for food.
- Oil massage therapy, especially a massage on your feet with herbal oils, is an effective Ayurvedic remedy to improve sleep.
- There are several nerve endings in your feet, which are nourished during such an oil massage.
- Massaging relieves stress, improves your blood circulation, makes you calm and relaxed, and lets you sleep at length.
- This is another important Ayurvedic way of improving your sleep.
- You need to practice several rounds of Nadi Shodhana Pranayama on a regular basis, which involves alternate nostril breathing.
- This method helps in calming down your nervous system, soothes your mind, and thus results in a deeper and better sleep.
- Ayurvedic principles state that your wellness and health depend on a proper balance between your mind, body, and soul.
- While some people make us feel positive, other people drain us emotionally, leaving us cranky and annoyed.
- You should be mindful over whom and about what you interact with before going to sleep. Always try to stay in a positive environment away from any negative factors.
- Abstain from engrossing on social media activity, watching television, or browsing on your cell phone two hours before going to bed.
It is also necessary for you to work out on a regular basis and keep physically fit and healthy. A healthy body ensures a healthy mind, which in turn, is important for improved sleep. Avoid having coffee or any form of stimulant after 3 pm in the afternoon.
Asthmatic patients often find that the frequency and intensity of asthma attacks increase with a change in weather, as the challenges two-fold for asthmatic patients. If they are indoors, they inhale triggers such as dust mites, mould etc. and if they step outdoors, the outside air acts as a trigger for an asthmatic attack. However, there are ways to make your life easier.
- Curb allergy triggers inside your house: While you can’t do much about the weather, you can control the environment inside your house. Limit your time around pets that could trigger an attack and try keeping them outside the bedroom. Use dust proof covers on mattresses and pillows and changes your bedding regularly. Though it may look cosier, avoid using a lot of pillows and throw cushions on your bed. Clean and replace the filters of your home’s heating or cooling system before you start it up for the first time. The filters should also be regularly checked and cleaned throughout the winter.
- Ventilate the house: Keep your house dry and cool at all times to prevent the growth of mould and dust mites. To do this, run an exhaust fan in the bathroom while having a shower and in the kitchen while cooking. As far as possible, do not dry clothes indoors.
- Avoid too cold or too hot air: As far as possible avoid going outdoors especially on windy days. Instead of going for a walk outdoors, exercise at home or in a gym. When you go outdoors, drape a scarf over the lower half of your face to cover your nose and mouth. This will ensure that you do not breathe in too cold air or too hot air.
- Breathe correctly: As children, we’re told to keep our mouths closed. Not only is this good social etiquette, but it also prevents you from breathing through your mouth. The nostrils have tiny hair inside them that act as filters and keep dust particles and pollen from being inhaled. This also warms up the air while being inhaled. Thus avoid breathing through your mouth and instead only breathe through your nose.
- Take your medications: Create an effective plan of action to be followed in case of an asthmatic attack and get regular check-ups throughout the season. If you notice your symptoms worsening as the weather gets colder, talk to your doctor about changing your medication and its dosage. Do not skip your medication or stop it unless your doctor tells you to.
Diabetes is something which has become so common over the past few decades and this is said to be a cause of worry as most people don't understand how to prevent and manage it. This has led to some myths, gaining more than their fair share of popularity. So, wouldn’t it be a good idea to get to know a little more so as to separate the myths from the facts?
- Weight & watch: One of the most common myths when it comes to diabetes is the belief that a person is going to have his or her life adversely affected if he or she is overweight. While it is true that being overweight happens to be one of the risk factors related to diabetes, it is important to keep in mind the fact that there are other risk factors which are responsible, as well. Some of these factors are age and family history, as well as the ethnicity of the person. Taking this into account, it should not come as too much of a surprise to know that there are quite a few people who are not overweight, but are still fighting diabetes.
- Packaged tricks: Considering the rise in the number of people who are suffering from diabetes, this has led to food being marketed specifically for their consumption. However, in reality, whatever represents a healthy diet is sufficient for a person who is diabetic. So a diet which does not have a high amount of saturated fats and trans fats and does not go overboard with starch and sugar, but features a fair amount of lean protein works well too. All the fancy diabetic food, which a person buys, is only likely to drive a great hole in the wallet and not have any additional health benefits. Therefore, the extra spending is nowhere close to being worthwhile and should be avoided.
- Fruits punch: Many people are of the opinion that it is the processed and sugary food items, which cause diabetes and this is true to a significant extent. However, some people are of the view that since fruit is natural, diabetics can eat as much of it as they like. This is where the thinking gets dangerous. Some fruits are rich in carbohydrates and so it should be consumed in a reasonable quantity, as part of the daily meal plan. After all, too much of any good thing is bad!
Thousands of people are affected with a painful knee which troubles their lives directly. Due to a weak or inflated knee, they cannot continue to carry on with their activities which they do have been doing regularly. A total knee replacement is required in many such cases, which is one of the most popular and successful ways to provide relief from chronic knee pain.
But in many cases, a successful total knee replacement is not possible due to various reasons and in that case, the people need to undergo another replacement, called Revision Joint Replacement.
What is Revision Joint Replacement?
As we mentioned in the above section that total knee replacement is successfully carried out in most cases but there are also many in which it is not possible. Other than that, even if a successful total replacement is made, overtime different problems related to it may arise like wearing of thr implant or adjustment of the original parts as well. So, another replacement is recommended to fix these problems and this is popularly known as Revision Joint Replacement.
Revision joint replacement is often much more complicated than total knee replacement. This is because the process deals with bringing changes to the already replaced knee and therefore, any kind of mishandling can lead to serious knee problems. Let us have a look at the different reasons because of which revision knee replacement is carried out.
Why Revision Knee Replacement Done?
The reasons because of which a revision joint replacement may need to be performed include:
● One of the very important reasons is worn out implants. Even though implants are designed to support the knees for a long time, due to various reasons and activities of the individual, these implants gets worn out and needs to be replaced.
● Infection is one of the biggest risks in joint replacement surgery which will seriously affect the whole health of the person. If over time any kind of infection is likely to develop due to improper care or negligence of any initial infection symptoms around the postoperative area, revision replacement is done to help the individual.
● If it is found out that the implants are becoming unstable with time, you must understand that you will need a revision joint replacement. When the implants are not occupying a proper position or have been dislocated due to some reason, the implants will need to be placed in the right area once again.
So, these are the various reasons because of which revision knee replacement is important. If you read the article carefully you will understand that even though revision replacement has its risks, it is quite beneficial and convenient for the people too carry on with their activities.
A sore throat is usually caused by a bacterial infection and it usually indicates an onset of cold. It may also indicate strained vocal chords or a strep throat. Eating proper foods can help in easing the symptoms and fight inflammation; thus providing the requisite energy to the body.
The 9 foods which help in treating a sore throat are:
- Bananas: These foods are packed with vitamin C that allows you to recover quickly from an illness. They are also relatively soft and easier to swallow which make them a preferred food if you have a sore throat.
- Cooked carrots: Carrots contain good amounts of vitamin A; eating them roasted or sauteed is a good way to consume the required nutrients. This vegetable also contains carotenoids in good amounts which are beneficial for the body.
- Tea: Tea is usually preferred by people when they have a sore throat. Tea has anti-inflammatory properties, which help in fighting infections in the body. Tea also helps in fighting stress and contributes to increased focus.
- Cooked cabbage: Cabbage contains antioxidants along with Sulfur, vitamin K and vitamin C, which helps in fighting infection in the body. It can also relieve symptoms of headache.
- Sage: Sage is a herb that has powerful infection fighting properties. Mixing crushed sage with warm water or sprinkling it in your soup can help alleviate symptoms of cold and sore throat.
- Honey: Honey is an effective treatment for sore throat because of its strong anti-inflammatory properties. It is recommended to take honey during a sore throat.
- Licorice: Licorice is another remedy that can be used to treat sore throat. It has certain properties, which cause a reduction in pain and help in clearing the airways.
- Yoghurt: Yoghurt is soft, which makes it easier to gulp down in case of a sore throat. You may even add some fresh fruits to the mix for taste.
- Garlic: Garlic has strong antibacterial properties, which help in easing symptoms of sore throat. You may directly chew garlic or add them to your food to gain the maximum benefits.
Travelling during pregnancy - Is it safe?
Pregnancy places some restrictions on the expectant mother, and one of them is limiting travel so much so that most women do only the required and essential commutes and skip any other travel, including vacations and business travel, completely until delivery. However, with the lifestyle changing for the woman so radically, this is being revisited. The doctor’s current advice is that unless there are potential complications expected or significant concerns, it is completely safe to travel.
The first trimester especially is a little tricky for travel, with the morning sickness. The second trimester is considered more ideal for travel, as the morning sickness and the feeling of being pregnant is sunk in, so the mother is comfortable. The third trimester is fine too, but the chances of fatigue are higher, and so travel is better avoided.
Read on to know some significant things to remember whether you are on a plane, train, or road during your pregnancy.
- Always buckle yourself up as soon as you enter the car. Use both the seat belt and the lap belt.
- Keep the air bags turned on.
- Try to avoid travel time of four hours at a stretch.
- When stopping for breaks, try to walk around a bit and stretch so that you do not feel the strain of sitting for long hours.
- Most airlines allow women to travel during the first eight months of pregnancy.
- Some airlines do allow for travel during the ninth month, if the doctor approves it, or if there is an attendant with the expectant woman.
- It is okay to walk through airport screening during pregnancy. There are some women who are apprehensive about this aspect.
- Similarly the cabin pressure in the commercial planes reduces, but does not bear any significant impact for a pregnant woman.
- Select an aisle seat, as it allows for easy seating and getting up.
- Walking to the restroom and back should be carefully managed. The aisle is quite narrow and care must be taken to avoid hurting yourself.
- Use the seats for providing support when walking through the aisle.
- Especially, in turbulent stretches, try remaining seated, bearing in mind the safety aspects for yourself and the baby.
- Traveling by bus is safe, but trips to the restroom would be difficult.
- Trains are generally considered safer, as there is a lot of room for movement. Restrooms are available anytime, which is another major advantage.
- Sea travel is also considered safe, but sea sickness could add to the nausea.
- For long-term sailing, check with the cruise provider or the boat facility about availability of a healthcare provider on the ship.
A brain stroke can affect anyone at any point of time when the supply of blood to the brain is interrupted. It can threaten major physical functions and can prove to be fatally dangerous at times. The brain stem which is placed right above the spinal cord controls the breathing, heartbeat and levels of blood pressure. It is also in charge of controlling some elementary functions such as swallowing, hearing, speech and eye movements.
What are the different types of strokes?
There are three main kinds of stroke - ischemic strokes, hemorrhagic strokes and transient ischemic attacks. The most common type of brain stroke is the ischemic stroke is caused by narrowing or blocking of arteries to the brain, which prevents the proper supply of blood to the brain. Sometimes it so happens that the blood clot that has formed elsewhere in the body have travelled via the blood vessels and has been trapped in the blood vessel which provides blood to the brain. When the supply of blood to a part of the brain is hindered, the tissue in that area dies off owing to lack of oxygen. The other variant of brain stroke is termed as hemorrhagic stroke is caused when the blood vessels in and around the brain burst or leak. Strokes need to be diagnosed and treated as quickly as possible in order to minimize brain damage. Remembering the F.A.S.T. acronym can help with recognizing the onset of stroke (Face, Arms, Speed, Time - explained below).
What are the common symptoms of a brain stroke?
The symptoms of the brain stroke are largely dependent on the area of the brain that has been affected. It can interfere with normal functioning, such as breathing and talking and other functions which human beings can perform without thinking such as eye movements or swallowing. Since all the signals from the brain as well as other parts of the body traverse through the brain stem, the interruption of blood flow often leads to numbness or paralysis in different parts of the body.
Who is likely to have a stroke?
Anyone is at a risk of developing brain stroke although ageing is directly proportional to the risk of having a stroke. Not only that an individual with a family history of brain stroke or transient ischemic attack is at a higher risk of developing stroke. People who have aged over 65 accounts for about 33 percent of all brain strokes. It is important to point here that individuals with high blood pressure, high blood sugar, cholesterol, cancer, autoimmune diseases and some blood disorders are at a higher risk of developing brain stroke.
There are a few factors which can increase the risk of developing stroke beyond any control. But there are certain lifestyle choices as well which aids in controlling the chances of being affected by stroke. It is crucial to refrain from long-term hormone replacement therapies as well as birth control pills, smoking, lack of physical activity, excessive use of alcohol and drug addiction. A brain stroke is a life-threatening medical condition, and when an individual has symptoms that resemble that of stroke, it is crucial to seek immediate medical help.
Treatment for stroke
- Treatment depends on the type of stroke.
- Ischemic strokes can be treated with 'clot-busting' drugs.
- Hemorrhagic strokes can be treated with surgery to repair or block blood vessel weaknesses.
- The most effective way to prevent strokes is through maintaining a healthy lifestyle.
What is TPA?
TPA is a thrombolytic or a “Clot Buster” drug. This clot buster is used to break-up the clot that is causing a blockage or disruption in the flow of blood to the brain and helps restore the blood flow to the area of the brain. It is given by intravenous (IV). This can be given only within 4.5 hrs of the onset of symptoms
Time is brain
- Remember Every second Loss means brain cells die.
- Rush to the nearest Stroke Centre whenever you experience such symptoms.
- U can save the brain cells dying if you reach within 4.5 hrs by the CLOT BUSTER.
Another treatment option is an endovascular procedure* called mechanical thrombectomy, strongly recommended, in which trained doctors try removing a large blood clot by sending a wired-caged device called a stent retriever, to the site of the blocked blood vessel in the brain
The good news is that 80 percent of all strokes are preventable. It starts with managing key risk factors, including
- High blood pressure,
- Cigarette smoking,
- Atrial fibrillation and
- Physical inactivity.
- More than half of all strokes are caused by uncontrolled hypertension or high blood pressure, making it the most important risk factor to control.
The best way to get better after a stroke is to start stroke rehabilitation ("rehab"). In stroke rehab, a team of health professionals works with you to regain skills you lost as the result of a stroke.