Patient Review Highlights
Dr Satabdi ensures that she listens to her patients. She doesn't just randomly prescribes medicines, but first properly diagnoses the problem, but she has helped me immensely. I am so happy that I chose Dr Satabdi Dey for my treatment as now I am perfectly fine. I was having this pregnancy issues .In the past i consulted so many doctors, but nobody was able to help me with my pregnancy. The Care IVF is designed in such a manner that all requirements of patients are taken care of.
I was not able to have a baby. I consulted dr Rajeev Agarwal who suggested me for Fertilisation In Vitro - Embryo Transfer (Ivf - Et). The treatment benefitted me to a great extent. i owe him a big thank for the suggestion and the treatment
From quite some time i was suffering from pain, because i could not conceive. But I consulted Dr Rajeev Agarwal which was quite beneficial for me. I owe him a big thank for providing me a fertilization treatment.
dr Rajeev Agarwal of Care IVF in kolkata gave me a treatment upon my request to avoid Pregnancy. he is a very talented and smart doctor who is upto date with technology.
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Satabdi Dey to be very helpful. Thnks for the reply.
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Rajeev Agarwal to be very helpful. thank you sir.
The fallopian tubes are a part of a woman’s reproductive system. This is the passage through which the egg travels to meet the sperm and attach the end result to the lining of the womb or the uterine lining. In many cases, the fallopian tubes may get blocked, which can cause a series of complications, including infertility and other issues.
Read on to know more about the complications as well as the diagnosis.
Fallopian tubes: These are two thin tubes that flank either side of the uterus. It helps the matured egg from travelling from the ovaries to the uterus.
Blockage of fallopian tubes: Sexually transmitted diseases or STDs, as well as endometriosis, can cause a blockage in the fallopian tubes. The tubes can get blocked from one or both sides.
Complications: Blocked fallopian tubes can lead to major complications like early pregnancy loss as well as infertility. Every month, the ovaries release eggs during a cycle known as the ovulation cycle. During this period, the eggs leave the ovaries and travel through the fallopian tubes in order to reach the uterus, where they can possibly get inseminated with sperm, after which they will get fertilised and attach themselves to the uterine lining or the womb. In case the fallopian tubes are blocked, the eggs gets blocked and do not get a passageway to travel from the ovaries and into the uterus. This can lead to infertility as it will prevent fertilisation of the released egg. Furthermore, blocked fallopian tubes can also lead to tubal pregnancies, which will have to be terminated as it can lead to severe health risks.
Symptoms: So how can you find out whether your fallopian tubes are blocked? There are a number of symptoms that may be caused in the course of this condition. It is important to be even more careful about the symptoms because they may not be as obvious as other conditions, where irregular periods and heavy bleeding may point to the problem at the very onset. Pain in the lower abdomen and unusual discharge usually point to the problem. Also, loss of pregnancy due to the blockage is also a clear cut diagnosis.
Diagnosis: The diagnosis of the condition is done with the help numerous tests and imaging examinations conducted by a gynaecologist. A specialised X-ray called hysterosalpingogram or HSG is used in order to diagnose the issue. In this kind of examination, a dye is inserted through the uterus. This dye has a lens at the end, which shows the blockage and its extent. The doctor then conducts tests to find out the causes of this condition so that proper treatment may be followed. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an IVF Specialist.
4 myths on IVF you should stop believing right now
In-vitro fertilisation (IVF) is one of the popular Assisted Reproductive Technologies (ART) for treating infertility and helping couples to conceive. The process involves the fertilisation of the egg with the sperm in a laboratory and thereafter, inserting the embryo formed, into the uterus. But lack of understanding about the topic has given rise to a number of myths such as:
Myth 1: IVF increases your fertility levels
Instead of making you more fertile, IVF stops your natural fertility cycle. This is usually done through hormones that are taken at the beginning of the process. The aim of such an action is to essentially put an end to your natural fertility process and create in its place an artificial cycle.
Myth 2: IVF hormone injections make you prone to uncontrollable emotions
In actuality, IVF hormone injections don’t cause you to suffer from out of control emotions but make you happier. This is because they come packed with the female hormone oestrogen, which produce endorphins (brain chemicals) that give you a sense of wellbeing. The wave of emotions that you end up experiencing is a result of the stress and anxiety surrounding the success of a cycle.
Myth 3: IVF never fails but is always successful
The success of the procedure depends on a number of factors such as quality and quantity of embryos and age. It is said that chances of conception decreases with age, with women above 40 reporting reduced fertility potential as well as success rate. On the other hand, women below the age of 35 have about 41% chance of getting pregnant.
Myth 4: It causes you to have triplets or twins
No, it’s not necessary for multiple births to take place if you opt for IVF. You can reduce the prospect of having twins or triplets by cutting down on the number of embryos that get inserted into the uterus.
The menstrual cycle is a natural part of a woman’s life. Most of the times, it has been seen that women have periods that have a standard or perfect timing. However, some women may have extremely unpredictable or irregular periods. There are numerous reasons that can cause these irregular periods. In such cases, there are some that are more serious than the others.
At the point when a woman stops getting her period, it is called amenorrhea. It is a strong sign that something is not right. Primary amenorrhea is the point at which a teenager never got her period in the first place during adolescence. Secondary amenorrhea on the other hand, is when a woman has had her period in the past, yet stops getting her monthly period for at least three months.
Irregular periods, missed periods, or exceptionally painful and serious PMS (post menstrual syndrome) symptoms are an indication that the levels of one or more hormones are either missing or are too high. Whether it is a basic health condition, constant stress levels, a bad eating routine, an excess of exercise or less body weight, frequently missed periods is not something that should be ignored, especially when you are sure that you are not pregnant.
- In case your irregular periods are consistent, you need to be assessed for PCOS. PCOS or polycystic ovary syndrome influences up to 10 percent of the women who are in their conceiving age. Apart from causing infertility, PCOS can expand the danger of diabetes and many heart diseases.
- You need to likewise be screened for thyroid problems and other diseases and conditions that might be connected to irregular periods. For example, an overactive or an underactive thyroid can aggravate ovulation, which may cause a lot of hormone imbalance in your body.
- An irregular cycle can also make it more difficult to get pregnant naturally, particularly in case you are not ovulating each month. Your specialist can run tests to check whether you are ovulating. Women with sporadic periods who are attempting to have a child are at times prescribed fertility medications to improve ovulation.
- Women with irregular menstrual cycles may have a double danger of ovarian cancer as compared to the women who have standard month-to-month period cycles.
- Untimely ovarian failure (otherwise called untimely menopause) is the point at which a woman’s ovaries quit working before she turns 40, making her stop ovulating.
- Irregular periods can result in a thick coating of the uterus, which can be a hazard for creating uterine cancer.
- Irregular periods that are very heavy can result in issues like a low blood count, weakness or anemia.
Hence, if you feel your periods might not be regular and are causing you a lot of problems along with being untimely, you need to consult a gynaecologist immediately.
In vitro fertilization (IVF) is a medical procedure that side-steps the sexual act of conceiving and helps infertile couples, conceive a biological child. It involves the manual process of fertilization by combining an egg and sperm in the laboratory and then implanting the embryo into the female to impregnate her.
The inability to give birth through the natural way is caused due to complications like: blocked fallopian tubes, unexplained infertility, Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS), endometriosis: where parts of the womb lining grow out of the womb, premature ovarian failure and so on.
If you or your partner is having trouble conceiving, you should opt for in vitro fertilization. It holds benefits like-
1. High success rates: Women who underwent in vitro fertilisation using fresh embryos of their own fresh eggs, the projected live birth percentage was 32.2% for those under 35 years, 27.7% for women aged between 35 and 37 years, lowering to 5.0% in 43 to 44 year olds and 1.9% for ages above 45. It has been proved that a female’s ability to conceive decreases with age. If infertility is detected at a younger age, the process of IVF is highly advantageous and successfully results in childbirth.
2. Proven track record: Technology has come a long way since the first baby via IVF Louise Brown was born in 1978 using a natural IVF. Medical techniques have advanced to create safer and successful treatment. The usage of the safest forms of IVF with low drug regimens today, have prevented side effects such as ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome (OHSS).
3. Harvests multiple eggs: If you are planning to have more than one child, via IVF you can freeze multiple eggs for future use. Unused or spare embryos can be donated to medical organisations for research purposes or to another couple willing to have a child.
IVF has proven successful in giving couples a wholesome and happy life. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an IVF Specialist.
IVF or In Vitro Fertilization is a process wherein an egg is fertilized by a sperm in a laboratory dish to form the embryo (baby's first cell) which after growth in artificial medium in the lab is transferred into the uterus of women, In general, a blood sample is collected to determine whether you're pregnant or not about 10-14 days after the eggs are retrieved.
Coming to the success of the procedure, a number of factors are at play and these are:
- The age at which you get pregnant - A factor that plays a role in influencing your chances of experiencing success in your IVF procedure is the age at which you opt for this procedure. The lower your age, the chances that you may get pregnant and deliver a healthy child using your own eggs witness an increase. On the other hand, if you're aged 41 and above, or your egg reserve is very low donor eggs are the most preferred option as they help to increase your prospects of meeting a success.
- Lifestyle habits - Certain lifestyle factors can significantly affect your prospects of getting pregnant through this route. Smoking can reduce your prospect of success using this procedure by about 50%. It can cause you to have lesser number of eggs retrieved during the procedure while increasing instances of miscarriages. Likewise, obesity, alcohol use, consumption of excessive caffeine and drugs can adversely affect your chances of getting pregnant using IVF.
- Cause of Infertility - If your supply of eggs is normal, success rate using IVF is high. Women who suffer from the problem of endometriosis experience lesser chances of getting pregnant than women who have unexplained fertility.
- Reproductive history - IVF success rate chances are higher if you've delivered a baby previously using IVF.
- Embryo status - Embryos that are better developed with good grade stand a higher chance of experiencing success than less developed embryos. More importantly, not every embryo is able to survive the development process.
Preparing for an IVF cycle physically as well as emotionally is as important for men as it is for women. Additionally, if it's the first time you are opting for an IVF then it will help a lot if you prepare for it in advance. There are many issues to consider like your hormonal balance, sperm count, your general health, physical and emotional issues experienced by you and your partner during the process etc. Read on to find some effective tips that will ensure that you can smoothly complete the procedure and support your partner in doing so.
1. Gather information about the process
If you and your partner are opting for IVF for the first time then it will be beneficial for you both to know about the process first. It always helps if you are familiar with the uncertainties involved and prepare yourself to face any complexities arising during the cycle.
2. Seek emotional support from family and friends or join a support group
You should build a small supportive social circle of family and friends for yourself and your partner to deal with the stress and emotional changes experienced during the process. Alternatively, joining an online infertility support group also proves to be effective.
3. Opt for fertility cleansing
Fertility cleansing for men is as important as it for women as it ensures a healthy hormonal balance. The simplest steps would be to abstain from using plastic containers for eating and drinking, consuming organic food and fertility boosting foods as well as not having soy-based food products or alcohol.
4. Provide proper nourishment to your body
For this ask your doctor to suggest a diet which will boost male fertility and ensure better sperm health. Moreover, you can have multivitamin supplements to get essential minerals, vitamins and antioxidants. Also, keep yourself hydrated by consuming at least 8 glasses of clean water every day.
5. Look after yourself and your partner
Ensure that you and your partner remain fit and healthy during the cycle by consuming a healthy diet. To keep stress at bay try exercising for 30 minutes daily or opt for fertility yoga or regular meditation. You may also think about seeking the help of a counsellor to strategically deal with the process. According to your preferences decide whether you want to have the counselling session with or without your partner.
Pregnancy is a stage which needs to be cautiously enjoyed by all expectant mothers. The word ‘cautiously’ is used and stressed upon by medical practitioners because it is a period where two lives are at stake i.e the mother’s and the baby’s. Both their health and nutrition are of the utmost importance during this stage. In the third trimester, which includes the seventh, eighth and ninth month, when the delivery date is knocking on your doorstep, you should be more cautious than ever.
Some of the precautions to be taken during these months are listed below.
- By this time, the essential features of the baby, such as hands and legs are fully developed. In fact, the baby might just start moving and should be given some space. Thus, expectant women must be watchful of the weight they carry. At no cost must their spine be injured or hurt. This can be disastrous for both the mother and the baby.
- It is best to avoid stairs, if possible and certainly use the elevator for higher floors. In case you have to take the stairs, then holding the railings would give you the support you need. For physical exercises, you can go for a walk or just practice simple breathing exercises to keep you active.
- Extra sleep is required during this month; and that too on the left side. Sleeping on the right side should be avoided. This helps in smooth blood circulation.
- This month is crucial for the baby as it is nearing delivery. As an expectant mother you should be able to understand the signs your body gives you. It is best to avoid heavy weight lifting and too much of work. You should drink lots of water and keep yourself hydrated all the time.
- Avoid dust, animal excretes and stale food is important as it might hinder the brain development of the unborn child.
- Overeating should be avoided.
- You must take a break from household chores.
- Exercises must be continued under supervision.
- Fish must be avoided as at times they contain mercury which is not good for the unborn baby.
- Travelling is a strict no-no during this month.
- You must decide on the process of the delivery—natural or cesarean section (c-section) beforehand.
- Going for regular check-ups is mandatory.
These are some of the precautions which must be taken during the last three months of your pregnancy. It would ensure the good health and well-being of your baby as well as your own. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
Is ANC Profile different than T3-T4-TSH or thyroid is part of ANC? What is the cost of this test. What is ANC stands for.
Me and my husband planning for baby. Before my ovulation day we tried 4 continuous days. Aftr 3 days only I feel like vomiting. Is this sign of pregnancy. Also we would like to know is there any harm in this bcoz we tried 4 days continuously before my ovulation day. Does it affects sperm count.
The concept of egg quality of a woman is derived from the belief that the embryo implantation probability is powerfully related to the age and ovarian reserve of the woman. Thus, it is regarded that the quality of the egg is almost synonymous with the chances of embryo implantation. Its quality cannot be assessed merely by looking at the egg or measuring its ability to receive the fertilization by sperm or simply observing the initial embryo division.
There are a few important factors that contribute to the success or failure of the embryo implantation and some of them are:
- Diminished ovarian reserve: A woman with an increased FSH level on the third day of the menses is regarded as having diminished reserve of ovary. This implies that her ovary is not competent in sending feedback signals to the pituitary gland and the body responds by producing an increased amount of FSH for stimulating the ovary. For more than 10 years, it has been found that in over thousands of fertility treatment cycles, women with an increased FSH level have a lower egg quality.
- Advanced age of maternity: Even though the FSH level is normal, the age of the mother who provides the eggs plays an important role to determine the quality of the egg. Quite like women with increased FSH levels, eggs obtained from women aged more than 40 years can have some problems at a later stage of fertilization. Normal FSH levels are not considered a reassuring factor, owing to the lower implantation rate in females aged over 45 years.
- Diminished quality of egg: With an increase in age, the capacity of the mitochondria in producing energy slowly decreases. The egg is linked to the circulation before ovulation, and it is linked again after the embryo implantation. But during the one week time ranging from ovulation to implantation, the egg and the resulting embryo are contained in the zona pellucida and function on the basis of mitochondrial energy supply. The older age of the woman doesn’t cause any problem at the initial stage of ovulation. Its fertilization and embryonic development are also normal. But soon, it runs out of energy and stops dividing before reaching the stage of implantation.
Therefore, it is important to have the eggs tested to find out any sort of chromosomal abnormality. In case the mother is deficient of producing high quality eggs, the best option is to have donor eggs. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
In vitro Fertilization or IVF is the procedure of fertilization by physically joining an egg and sperm in a dish, followed by insertion of the embryo into the uterus. However, some other, less notable techniques may offer better benefits, practical usage and serve as alternative options to IVF. These are as follows:
- GIFT - Gamete intrafallopiantransfer:
- Gamete intrafallopiantransfer (GIFT) is analogous to IVF, from numerous aspects. However, there is one extremely remarkable distinction.
- Unlike IVF, a woman undertaking GIFT takes fertility medications to stimulate egg generation in her ovaries. The eggs are then expelled from her body.
- Male sperm is gathered and washed to isolate the regenerative cells from other original liquids.
- The consolidated material is set in a catheter and afterward, by means of laparoscopy, infused into the woman’s fallopian tubes.
- There, ideally, preparation will happen.
- A few couples lean toward this technique for individual or religious reasons, as it permits birth to happen in its regular habitat, instead of a lab.
- ZIFT and TET:
- These abbreviations stand for Zygote intrafallopiantransfer and tubal developing life transfer.
- In ZIFT and TET, the starting stages are like GIFT: a woman experiences controlled ovarian hyper stimulation with the guide of effective medications so as to deliver different eggs. These are then expelled from her body, male sperm is gathered, washed, and treated for ideal fusion.
- In any case, in ZIFT and TET, the laparoscopic move into the fallopian tubes happens only after treatment has occurred in the research center.
- In ZIFT, eggs are recovered and prepared on one day, and the next day the embryo is exchanged. TET gives the fetus a couple of more formative days before it is moved to the fallopian tubes.
- IUI - Intrauterine insemination
- In intrauterine insemination (IUI), a type of manual sperm injection, comprising washed sperm, is infused straight into a woman’s uterus (when she is expected to ovulate) by means of a catheter that is embedded completely through the cervix.
- By setting the sperm inside the uterus (instead of the sperm making its way up the vaginal channel and through the cervix into the uterus), it is trusted that it will be simpler for the sperm to reach and infuse a discharged egg.
- Additionally, if the woman is delivering cervical mucous that is synthetically not suitable for her partner’s sperm, this potential issue can be avoided, since IUI sidesteps the cervix.
- Intra Cytoplasmic Sperm Injection (ICSI)
- This procedure includes "washing" sperm and infusing the uniquely arranged sperm into the egg.
- The procedure requires a unique magnifying instrument and glass needles for the infusion of one sperm, specifically under the defensive external layer and into the focal point of the egg itself, before being set inside the woman’s body. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
I was on yasmin on and off for pcod problem. I have stooped yasmin no period for this month. Please help can I take meprate 10 mg 3 times 3 days? Or one time a day.
I have a low AMH count of 0.4. All other blood tests are normal. We have not consciously tried to conceive but referred to a going for normal consultation. Even without trying any medication we have been advised to start IVF treatment immediately. I need to understand if that is really the only way or can we take medication and still try naturally. My age is 32.
Are you an expectant mother? The feeling of expecting a child is unexplainable. It can only be experienced and enjoyed. Along with being pregnant, at times, a woman suffers from severe boredom and mood swings. During such time, it is always best to be involved in some activity or the other without stressing yourself too much or undertaking any heavy work.
In the modern tech era, gadgets are what keep a person going apart from food, water and shelter. Thus, this article explores 9 must-have gadgets for expectant mothers.
- Gravida Nurse Prenatal Educational Device: This small yet handy device provides you with all the informational articles that you need to know about your pregnancy and also baby care. It’s a complete educational device for the expectant mothers (and fathers).
- Pregnancy belly phones: Have you heard about headphones, but are not sure what belly phones are? Well they are headphones for your babies? When inside the mother’s womb, music and soft voices seem to soothe the baby and belly phones are used for this purpose. They can be attached to an iPod or any music system to play nice and warm music for the baby.
- Beforme MP3 stethoscope: This device lets you record the baby’s heartbeat and even presents it on the screen as a graph.
- Kicktrack: This device helps you to monitor your baby’s kicking movement inside the womb.
- Ultrasound scanner: This scanner is a small portable version of your own ultrasound machine, enabling you to see your baby as and when you wish.
- Pregnancy watch: This is just a simple watch coupling up as a pregnancy device. It lets you know the week of your pregnancy and also suggests cute baby names for your little bundle of joy.
- Biobands: For expectant mothers experiencing nausea and morning sickness, this little band can do you a lot of good every morning.
- Bellabeat leaf: This is a device which helps you monitor the correct amount of food for yourself and the child. It helps you to get the right nutrition needed for the baby and the mother.
- QardioBase: This is one of the best gadgets to keep a track of your weight during your pregnancy.
Thus, these are some of the handiest gadgets that you need to keep beside you during your pregnancy. Apart from a little bit of monitoring of your and the baby’s health, all you need to do is relax and enjoy this beautiful feeling. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
Ovarian cysts are a common development in many women. Cysts are sacs filled with fluid which are formed in the female ovaries. Most cysts are harmless and do not even show any symptoms. However, some cysts do show outward symptoms like heavy bleeding, clotting, nausea, vomiting, stomach pain during the menstrual cycle, and pain during sex.
If you feel any of the above-mentioned discomforts, it will be in your best interest to consult a gynaecologist and get a check-up done. Most cysts are manageable unless they are very severe. In fact, it is best that cysts come to light at the right time and are efficiently managed, unless they develop into severe issues in the future.
Management of cysts
- Oftentimes, medical practitioners resort to what is called ‘watchful waiting’.
- At times, ovarian cysts disappear in a few months.
- It is recommended to take a blood test and an ultrasound to see the progress of the cyst.
- If you have already experienced menopause, then these tests are carried out every four months. This is because in such cases the risk of an ovarian cancer is at its highest and regular monitoring of the cyst is necessary.
Treatment of cysts
Ovarian cysts can be treated in their earlier stages. Here are some of the most popular treatments.
- Laparoscopy is one of the most popular treatments. It is a surgery carried out under general anaesthesia. The tummy is cut to a radius of a key hole and a laparoscope is inserted. This helps the doctor to see the internal organs, which is then used to remove the cyst. This method is less painful and has a quick recovery time.
- Laparotomy is the other method used for removing a cyst. In case the cyst is large, then one single large hole is made in the body to access the cyst. At times, the cyst and the ovaries are removed and sent for further laboratory inspection. This inspection is done to detect whether the samples are cancerous or not. This procedure is more complex than the previous one and might need the patient to stay in the hospital for a few days.
- In case you have a cancerous cyst, then your reproductive part itself would have to be removed rendering you barren for your life.
Ovarian cyst is very much treatable and is best to be detected at an earlier stage for better and faster treatment. Thus, it is best to go for regular check-ups and report in case of any disturbing symptoms.
Hello, We are trying to conceive for baby from past 2 months. While having sex my wife is feeling some pain during the intercourse as she is unable to get the natural lube produced soon. Latter though she gets it produced. But for initiation can we use some oil like Olive oil? Is it safe for sperm mobility and mortality. Any other natural lube that we can use during inter course which can increase the probability of conception.
Pelvic pain is most common in women, though sometimes it occurs in men as well. There is absolutely no reason why pelvic pain cannot be treated and therefore women need not panic if they are experiencing such pain. The treatment of any pain can be done methodically after discovering its cause. Thus, before jotting down the treatments for pelvic pain, it is important to explore the reasons that cause pelvic pain in women.
Reasons for pelvic pain
- Reproductive organs in women play an important part in causing pelvic pain. The reproductive organ is complex when it comes to women and many small or big problems there might end up leading to pelvic pain.
- Any urinary infection or bladder irritation might also lead to pelvic pain.
- The nerves and muscles of the abdomen may cause pain in the pelvis area as well. In fact, the nerves and muscles are very tender near the pelvis area and care should be taken so that one does not strain them or pull the ligaments. This can cause severe pain.
- Another interesting point to be noted is that sometimes even after going through a lot of examinations, no causes of pelvic pain are found. In such cases it is understood that the pelvic pain is a manifestation of the remains of a long forgotten injury or accident.
- It has been examined and found out that physical abuse can at times lead to chronic pelvic pain. Though this link has not yet been understood properly, but it is seen to be true.
Treatments for pelvic pain
- The most basic treatment is to apply heating pad on the affected area. Heat helps in relaxing the muscles and nerves thereby, lessening the pain. However, this would reduce the pain, but cannot make it disappear in a day. Thus, it is a continued process for a week or 10 days till the pain recedes.
- Relaxation techniques like meditation, breathing exercises, yoga and even muscle exercises like jogging help in reducing the pain. However, this should be done under guidance. One wrong move can actually aggravate the pain instead of lessening it.
- Then there are painkillers which are non-steroidal and help in lessening the pain. Painkillers have a correct dosage and must be taken only after consulting a doctor. Self-medication in such cases can prove disastrous.
- At times, when all medications fail, surgery is the last resort.
Thus, these are some of the treatments that can be undertaken if and when you are experiencing pelvic pain. All these are connected to the root cause and must be followed only under medical supervision.