You must have heard of the far reaching advantages of having green tea. Green tea is in trend for its vast number of benefits. People, conscious about fitness and overall health, are sure to include this drink in their daily diet. A cup of green tea every morning can ward off too many health problems. Having green tea as the first thing in the morning can help a person lose weight effectively. Having this drink twice a day will better your chances of losing weight.
Weight loss is a persistent concern among many. You may exercise, make increased efforts in changing your lifestyle and yet fail to experience significant weight loss. Try out green tea for the ways in which it helps you cut down on those extra kilos.
Green tea leads to weight loss in the following ways:
- It increases the mobility of fat in fat cells: Fat can be burnt into energy only when it has been broken down and moved into the bloodstream. Fat might remain concentrated in the fat cells. Green tea contains a potent antioxidant, EGCG that can lead to an increase of the hormone norepinephrine. This hormone triggers the breaking down of fat in the fat cells further making it move into the bloodstream.
- It can regulate metabolism: Green tea is highly sought after because it helps in increasing a person's metabolic activity. Once a person has heightened metabolism he or she will inevitably lose the redundant calories.
- It prevents you from consuming additional calories: Green tea can kill your appetite in a healthy way. With repeated consumption of this tea, you will feel hungry after regular intervals, but your body will grow averse to junk food and processed food items. So, with a daily cup of this energizing drink, you keep the extra calories at bay.
How Much Green Tea?
4-5 cups of unsweetened green tea in a day is enough to promote weight loss. It can provide an optimal dosage of metabolism boosting minerals like manganese, chromium and zinc.
So, do not rely on green tea alone to lose weight. It can only bolster your weight loss efforts. You need to complement it with a calorie deficit diet and proper exercises.
Before you take to drinking green tea on a regular basis, you may want read these tips:
- If you are sensitive to caffeine or suffer from insomnia, more than four cups of green tea will be too much for your system, regardless of the benefits.
- If you are trying to get pregnant or are pregnant, you should definitely limit your green tea consumption to two cups a day. You can also skip it altogether.
- Avoid drinking green tea if you suffer from kidney and liver problems, or glaucoma.
- Do not sip green tea with meals as it may interfere with absorption of iron in your body.
- Do not have it empty stomach.
I am 19 years old and I have a problem of obesity. From many years I am not eating fast foods and junk foods, I eat daily fruits and vegetables more but still my weight is growing day by day very fast. Please give me suggestion what to do?
My age is 25 and weight is 68 kgs and height is 165 cms How to reduce my belly fat and choose diet for slimming?
I have been exercising for a year now n have dropped from 30%body fat to 20% now nothing is working to lower the % I was thinking if you could help me with aketo diet or any other you prefer to flush all that fat and bring it down to 10%
Hi sir/ma'am, my name is Gopal and I am 22 years old and my height is 5.3' and weight is 62 kg. Actually I want to loose my weight, and I think diet is the mein thing to loose weight quickly. I do exercises daily but unable to loose my weight. So could you please provide me a proper diet chart like what should I eat, how much and at what time. I will be highly obliged if you kindly help me.
How to reduce fat with in 30 days as my weight is 68 kg I'm 5.2" tall i'm not able to conceive. I checked every test everything is normal my husband also not having any problem. Kindly give suggestions.
Hi Doc, I am concentrating to reduce my belly fat. Could you please advice is there any diet plan to achieve flat belly thank you.
How to remove belly fat and how to remove dullness And what is this display you receive and they ask a question for reminder letter.
I want to loose belly fat right now it has 32.5' and my weight is 66 kg and want to achieve 6pack abs want to Shards till 30" what can I do please help me.
How to I lose my belly fat I am 20 year old and my height is 5.5 and my weight is 53 kg. Please reply.
I am a student and my weight is 70 kg want to reduce fat. Please give me some suggestion for low Fat.
Dear sir/madam, Good wishes this is Amjad from Hyderabad My height is 5'_8' and weight at present is 95 kgs. I want to reduce 30 kgs in 3 months please suggest me better diet plan for successful results. In advance thanks.
A bit of bloating is normal during the festivities due to the abundance of sweets consumed during this time. However, it is necessary to return to your healthy self, post this cheat period and this can be possible only if you follow a strict diet and exercise routine.
Here are a few tips which can help you lose weight post-Diwali:
Make physical exercise a part of your daily routine: There is no alternative to physical exercise, which is why it is necessary to engage in moderate to high level workout to drop those extra kilos post Diwali. You can hit the gym for half an hour or brisk walk or choose more interesting forms of exercise such as dancing or Zumba. However, the key here is to remain consistent.
Start your day with the right liquids: Add generous amounts of liquids and fluids to your daily diet which are healthy and low in fat content. Vegetable smoothies, sugar-free juices, coconut water, green tea and lemonade (without sugar) are great options to keep sipping on throughout the day. These liquids make you feel full faster and restrict you from consuming too many calories in the day. These liquids also hydrate your body and help in flushing out toxins, thus helping you detoxify and drop those kilos.
Have smaller but more frequent meals: You do not have to go on a crash diet post Diwali to drop those kilos quicker, because crash diets only result in weakness and temporary water loss from the body. However, what you can do is have small meals more frequently during the day. The time gap between two meals shouldn’t exceed 3 hours. This keeps hunger at bay and reduces the total number of calories consumed daily which help in reducing weight quicker.
Follow the thumb rule of detox: “If it comes in a sealed package or a tin, do not eat it.” Follow this thumb rule of detoxifying, post Diwali, as they are loaded with saturated fats and preservatives which make you fatter. Instead, opt for fresh fruits and vegetables in your meals along with fat-burning food items such as fish-oils, dates, berries, flax seeds, eggs, sprouts etc.