Doctor in Apollo Gleneagles Hospitals
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Liver Problems Treatment
Submit a review for Apollo Gleneagles HospitalsYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
I was in too much pain because of my hair fall, but even after consulting a number of doctors, I was not getting any relief. Dr Atul Taneja is really like god send person. I was quite depressed due to my condition, but Dr Atul Taneja guided me to change my attitude. The overall atmosphere in the Apollo Gleneagles Hospitals is very soothing. He has expert knowledge in the field. A friend of mine referred to DrcAtul Taneja. Thanks to the expert care and guidance, I feel much better than before.
Someone from the office, referred us Dr Atul Taneja. I owe him a big thanks for making me fine again. I was quite impressed with his concept of holistic healing. The overall atmosphere in the Apollo Gleneagles Hospitals is very soothing. I was quite depressed due to my condition, but he guided me to change my attitude.
The problem was severe and unmanageable, as I needed pimples treatment, but Dr Taneja was able to handle it. I am amazed that he is such a sweet doctor, even though he is so busy all the time. The overall atmosphere in the Apollo Hospitals is very soothing. Overall pimples treatment was very effective.
dr Atul Tanejais Very professional and his treatment is very effective. I had pimple and acne all over my face. The way he treated me had great effect on my skin.Best part of his treatment and medicines is there is zero side effects. He is available at Apollo Gleneagles Hospitals in Kolkata.
No words just awesome Dermatologist in over Kolkata no one can best to him caring, helping nature proper guidance related and excided knowledge about skin and related issues. Strongly recommend plz plz plz visit if you really want to cure ur disease must visit....Dhananjay.
I was in search of a well knowledgeable dermatologist as I needed a surgery for my skin aging. One of my neighbour referred Dr Atul. The treatment he gave was excellent. I must say that he has years of experience in dermatology. I am glad that I visited him.
dr. taneja is the best i could have got... i was really depressed regarding my hairfall problem at age of 25....but since the day i met him 1st time my hairs are improving so fast that within 3 months i am owner of full head of hair
I got treatment from Dr.Atul years back when he was in Harvard, Boston. It was a surprise when I found him on this site. I would say he is without a doubt one of the best dermatologist in India and would recommend him to everyone.
Mohammad Rameez Ullah Khan
Dr .Taneja is polite and listened to my problems with patience. The most important thing is that he has made me hopeful. Let's see how he helps me overcome my problem. I have visited him once only. Hope to see him in September.
Dr Atul Taneja advised me an acne treatment at Apollo Gleneagles Hospitals in Kolkata by him because of my problem of my growing acne. The treatment brought brilliant results. Dr Atul is a very nice person.
Pubali Sikha Maitra
Very Nice. Helpful Person very kind.. Even he help me out in whatsapp also when I couldn't find a tablet he suggest there another in late night without any botheration. Very much thankful to him no
I was looking for a good dermatologist in west Bengal for my pimple problem. I visited dr Atul Taneja at Apollo Gleneagles Hospital and he took good care of my problem and had a great follow up.
I’ve never met a doctor like Dr Atul taneja before. He did my acne scars treatment at his clinic Apollo Gleneagles Hospitals in Kolkata. He is a very friendly and smart doctor.
Highly qualified dermatologist, and i was very impressed with his treatment. He is easily the best in kolkata. I recommend him to anyone else who has skin problems.
dr Atul Taneja is very nice and friendly. I went to him for acne scars treatment in Apollo Gleneagles Hospital in Kolkata
Dr Atul Taneja is very good person and his suggestion worked very well to me. Very responsible and reachable.
He is a wonderful man.only doc who told I will be ok " don't worry it will get cured"
HE IS AN EXCELLENT DOCTOR AND HE IS THE MASTER OF HIS FIELD
Doctor was friendly and answered my questions.
very good doctor,i am satisfyed
ABCDE, when expanded, means Asymmetry, Border, Color, Diameter and Evolving. The rule refers to new or changing signs that one may notice in moles to detect melanoma at an early stage, which tends to serve as warning signs.
Let us look at some of the facts related to the concepts:
Skin Cancer is Not an Uncommon Disease:
First and foremost thing which people must realize is the fact that Skin Cancer is not an uncommon problem. Rather it is the commonest form of cancer in America. So, any kind of abnormal growth in the skin must be looked at with the utmost importance and thus skin specialists should be immediately contacted.
There are 3 Main Types of Cancer:
Basal Cell Carcinoma appears as a small, smooth or waxy bump. Squamous Cell Carcinoma looks like a firm, red nodule, which gives people an itchy feeling that could even bleed. Finally, Melanoma resembles like a normal mole, having an irregular appearance.
Only if people are aware of the warning signals, they will be able to take preventive measures and also treat them appropriately, when they affect them.
Skin Cancers are Equally Dangerous for People with Darker Skin:
It is true that people with fair skin are more susceptible to skin cancers. Still, it is worthy to make note that even people having darker skin, quite often get skin cancers.
In reality, skin cancers take more aggressive form and tend to be dangerous when it strikes darker skinned people.
Prevent Skin Cancers by Not Getting Exposed to Sun Rays:
If people really want to avoid getting affected by skin cancer, they should prevent the Sun’s Ultraviolet rays from hitting their skins.
Ultraviolet rays are believed to be the main reason behind the occurrence of skin cancers. So, people must make sure to put sunscreen lotions in their skin and keep the skin covered by their clothes.
ABCDE Rule of Skin Cancer Can Come to Great Help:
As mentioned earlier ABCDE refers to Asymmetry, Border, Color, Diameter and Evolving. This basically refers to fresh or changing signs in moles to detect melanoma at a very early stage.
People can look out for new growths, patches or bumps of ulcers, which generally do not heal within a few weeks. If they come across any kind of mole, they should immediately visit a dermatologist. They must avoid the midday sun and also take precautionary measures. It is always ideal to get an annual check-up of the whole skin.
Wrinkles are inevitable with advancing age and most individuals find them annoying. Luckily, there are many available medical options to reduce these pesky lines and look younger. Your dermatologist can help you with a variety of gentle options like:
- Retinoid creams: These creams are derivatives of Vitamin A and cause superficial peeling off the skin, reduce rough bumps and lighten superficial pigmentation. These are prescription medicines and have to be used carefully under proper medical supervision to avoid side effects like itching and burning reactions.
- Peels: This a procedure in which your physician applies a thin layer of medicine on top of the skin for a few minutes and then washes it off. Over the next few days, a very superficial layer of the topmost skin layer is then gradually shed off. The regenerating skin from below is fresher, smoother and younger.
- Lasers and other rejuvenating devices: Different kinds of lasers can be used to target different layers of the skin. Non-ablative lasers gently heat deeper parts of the skin to tighten collagen to give a smoothening effect. Ablative lasers are more aggressive and remove superficial layers of skin with great precision. Radio-frequency and ultrasound machines use other forms of energy to gently heat deeper parts of the skin to achieve a tightening and smoothening effect
- Botulinum toxin: This is injected into frown lines and crows lines to relax the muscles causing the wrinkles. The effect typically lasts for about 6 months.
- Fillers: These are substances which are injected into the deeper wrinkles to pump up the furrows. The commonest substance used is called hyaluronic acid and is the same substance that exists naturally below the skin.
And of course, daily precautions like using sunscreens, moisturizers, maintaining a healthy lifestyle and avoiding smoking goes a long way in preventing wrinkles.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I used melalite xl for removing black spot under eyes and it worked well. But when I am not use it for two day my skin became black. Please help me sir.
There is a lump formation in my right forearm. I think its a lipoma. Which homeopathic medicine should I take.
Hi, I am 20 years old guy. My exposed skin area like face and hands has turned very dark tanning from past 10 years. Inside arms n whole body is glowing radiant but the exposed areas are very dark which makes me sad though I apply sunscreen everyday. Please suggest me some natural cure to this.
Hi I am 23 years old and have a dry skin patches in my face and no amount of ointment or medicinal tablets are helpful. How should I take care of my skin? And I drink lots of water too but what other than that?
Skin lightening and brightening products have become extremely popular and are aggressively promoted by film stars, cricket players and fair-skinned models on TV, print and other media. These products promise you not only a lighter and flawless skin but also promote the fact that with this you will be able to get your perfect life-partner and your perfect chosen job! Many of these products do not disclose their exact composition, while some list many chemical names which are simply incomprehensible. However, some of these unregulated products could actually contain ingredients that are beneficial for your skin, but some could be quite harmful:
Therefore, you must keep a check on the following:
Many products may contain mercury as a skin lightening ingredient, which is a toxic metal which can lead to brain and kidney damage.
Steroids are commonly used in lightening creams and cause permanent thinning of the skin. These chemicals also increase the risk of skin infections, aggravate acne, cause stretch marks, precipitate bruising and make your skin more sensitive and red.
Vitamin A derivatives can cause flakiness, irritation and increased sensitivity.
Your own photochromic " Skin Umbrella"
It is worthwhile understanding that nature has cleverly and correctly adapted your skin color on the darker side for geographic, genetic and evolutionary reasons. This pigmentation is actually beneficial since it acts as your very own personal 'skin umbrella' which protects you from sunburns, deep wrinkles and skin cancers. Just like photochromic glasses, your 'skin umbrella' turns darker with sun exposure. You call this a “tan”. Thus, medically speaking, black is beautiful. It doesn't make too much sense to try and alter your natural baseline skin color. Your baseline color is your natural skin color on your constantly covered area like on your lower waist.
In case of abnormal pigmentation do seek an opinion
Of course, for abnormal blemishes, acne, freckles and distinct weird pigmentation you should definitely discuss with your dermatologist regarding proper diagnosis and various treatment options like prescription medications, peels and lasers. Also discuss with your dermatologist about daily products suited specifically for you and your skin type. But you would be much wiser and much better off for not using any medicinal product without proper supervision.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
There is no need to walk around embarrassingly with unwanted lip and chin hair, or to endure your sweaty hairy underarms. There is also no need to painfully and repeatedly wax, thread and pluck your hair lifelong. Permanent laser hair reduction provides a painless solution to these annoying problems. Lasers use focused beams of light which specifically target and destroy hair roots without harming the skin or any other tissues.
Hair can easily and permanently be removed from any part of the body, but most females opt for removal of unwanted hair from the lip, chin, underarms, bikini line, arms and legs . Many males like a clean hairless chest and also a clean back and permanent hair removal with lasers provides them with a fast and safe option.
How do lasers work?
A theory formulated by a number of doctors at the famous Harvard Medical School, called Selective Photo-thermolysis (SPTL) is applied for hair reduction. A variety of parameters like hair thickness, depth of hair roots and skin colour, etc. are considered for calculating the appropriate wavelength and pulse duration of light which will specifically match the targeted hair roots. This laser light is absorbed by the pigment in the follicles, thus destroying the hair roots. No regrowth of hair is expected once the hair roots are completely gone.
Benefits of laser hair removal
- Permanent: Unlike shaving, waxing, plucking or threading where you repeat the process lifelong, laser hair removal requires only about 4-6 monthly sessions and then you are set for life.
- Precision: Laser can precisely pinpoint the selective dark and coarse hair without causing any damage to the surrounding tissues. Speed: Within a fraction of a second, the pulsed light of a laser can simultaneously treat many hair follicles. It can treat small areas such as the upper lip within a minute, whereas it can take about 1/2 hour to treat the back or the legs.
- Effectiveness: The unwanted hair follicles are removed permanently during sessions at intervals of three to seven weeks.
How to prepare for it?
Lasers should generally be performed under supervision of qualified dermatologists who also have additional specialised qualifications and understanding of laser physics. It is always best to meticulously check the track record of the doctor and the technicians performing these procedures. Six weeks prior to the laser hair reduction procedure, you need to stop waxing, plucking and electrolysis. Avoid a tan six weeks prior to treatment since it is difficult for laser light to pass through pigmented skin.
Prior to the treatment, the targeted hairs will be trimmed to a few millimeters above the surface of your skin. Your dermatologist will adjust the laser parameters using the onboard computer to exactly match the targeted hair roots. For protecting the outer layers of your skin, a cold gel is applied. Painless pulses of light are then applied to the target areas till the complete desired area is treated. For the chin or underarms, this requires just a couple of minutes. You may feel a bit of warmth when light touches your skin but this is not uncomfortable. Ice packs are applied after the procedure to sooth your skin. The next session is taken up normally after two to four weeks.
Potential side effects
- Irritation of skin associated with redness, swelling or discomfort, which subside within a few hours of the treatment.
- Temporary pigmentary changes may be observed, such as darkening or lightening.
- Underlying hormonal issues can be a cause for unsatisfactory improvement and this should be checked by your gynaecologist or endocrinologist.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
The clothes we wear are often dictated by fashion and with our desire to conform with the latest cultural trends around the world. However, from a health perspective, the most important consideration of how you dress should be based primarily on local weather conditions. So it is perfectly ok to pull out your parkas, mittens, scarfs, stockings and jeans if you are located in a chilly and snowy location. In hot and humid India, it makes much more sense to wear light, breezy, thin clothes like dhotis, salwars, skirts, shorts or lungis. You can land up with painful and dangerous medical conditions with clothes unsuitable to your climate. Here's how your clothing could be harming you:
- Increased heat rashes or miliaria. Your vest could be the culprit!: A very common skin condition seen in hot and humid weather conditions is called “miliaria” and is caused by blocked sweat ducts. Thick, tight clothes hamper normal evaporation of sweat into the atmosphere and cause this kind of irritable heat rash. Simple physics dictates that any extra or double layer of cloth, like a vest, would further hamper evaporation and aggravate these rashes. While vests may save your overlying shirt from getting damp, they are certainly bad news for your underlying skin which has to carry the unevaporated sweat on its surface.
- Increased chances of fungal and bacterial infections. Ditch the Denim!: The hot and humid environment within slim-fitting, thick clothes creates ideal conditions for fungi and bacteria to proliferate. Itchy, red rashes like ringworm appear in the groins, underarms and other parts of the skin. Painful boils and itchy, pus-filled folliculitis are common and often require surgery. This kind of dangerous environment is easily created within the skin-hugging denims you see so many people wearing all around you.
- Bacterial and fungal resistance to antimicrobials: Your dermatologist will treat your infections with appropriate antibiotics or antifungals. Unfortunately, in this era of global warming, many patients fail to respond and are tortured by recurrent, severe infections in spite of adequate dosing of medicines. One major reason is clothing and fashion which does not match the environment, creating ideal conditions for resistant, harmful bugs to multiply. You should choose lighter, airier, non-synthetic clothes that let your skin ‘breathe’ and does not allow sweat, dirt and deadly bugs to stick to your skin.
- Increased chances of urinary and genital infections: Tight, synthetic undergarments are thought to increase chances of genital and urinary infections. Tight and ill-fitting underwear can also cause discomfort, soreness and chafing by repeated friction.
- Body Odor: Body odor can be embarrassing and is aggravated by full-sleeved shirts, long undergarments, tight leggings, stockings and skinny jeans.
- Allergic dermatitis: Many individuals develop allergic rashes with certain common items like jewellery, footwear, earrings, cloth dyes, wristwatches and metallic buttons. A combination of heat, sweat and dissolved allergens precipitates these rashes in predisposed individuals.
- Environmental damage! Use minimum clothes: You definitely need to cover your skin, but are you cluttering your wardrobe with clothes that you keep on purchasing and hardly ever use? The apparel industry exploits huge amounts of natural resources like water, plant products, petroleum products, chemicals and electricity. You yourself require quite a bit of water, laundry detergents, and electricity just to maintain your clothes. Is it worth the environmental cost to purchase and maintain clothes that you will hardly ever use?
Acne or pimples is most commonly seen in teenagers and young adults, just around the time the body is undergoing hormonal adjustments. Thus, acne is not simply just a skin problem, but often an indication of internal bodily disturbances. Of course, there are other combinations of aggravating factors at play, like genetics, active sebaceous glands and bacterial organisms that reside within the sebaceous glands. An otherwise easily treatable condition, acne can result in permanent scars if left untreated, often resulting in low self-esteem, social isolation, depression and even suicidal ideation.
- The skin acts as a window to internal disorders and many individuals with acne are found to have internal hormonal problems like polycystic ovary syndromes or insulin resistance syndromes.
- Females can have associated excessive hair on the chin, hair loss on the scalp, weight gain, menstrual abnormalities and infertility.
- Diet does not have a major role in causing acne but cutting down on foods with high sugar content and milk may be useful.
- Certain medications and creams containing steroids can precipitate an outbreak of acne.
- Heavy and greasy cosmetics will aggravate acne.
- Special soaps, face washes, lotions, and so-called unscientific “blood purifiers” are of little help.
- Acne scars are repaired with newer dermatological technologies and techniques.
- Just like with any other medical condition, each individual is different and will require a unique investigation and treatment plan. This is based on many factors like other current medical conditions, climate, age, sex, skin type and variety of acne. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.