Doctor in Madhavbaug Clinic - Rajarampuri
Blood Pressure Management
Intensive Care Programme
Critical Care Programme
Risk Reduction Programme
Heart Failure Reversal Therapy (HFRT) Programme
Ischaemia Reversal Programme (IRP)
Blood Pressure Management
Obesity Management Program
Cardio Protective Therapy
Heart Health Checkup & Assessment
Mrs Mrunalini Gadkari
doctors seem knowledgeble.Confident in explaining decease,causes & treatment.Reception & other staff very courtieous
People are sometimes found to visit a doctor with lower abdominal pain or with the symptoms like burning or bleeding while urinating. These are the most common symptoms of kidney stone. When the liquidity of your urine gets affected and becomes too concentrated, this allows deposition of hard substances in your urinary system thus forming stones in your kidney. This may even be due to the dehydration and lack of intake of water. In allopathy there is no such way other than surgery which involves both physical and emotion suffering on the one hand and incorporates a huge expenditure on the other while homoeopathic treatment not only cures kidney stone, beside this, it entirely ameliorate the propensity of your system to form stones.
Regarding the homoeopathic remedies:
In homoeopathic literature, there are mentions of hundred of remedies to cure kidney stone.
- In Case Of Left Sided Kidney Stone: If you feel a heavy pain in the kidney region aggravated by any kind of body movement basically in the morning and if the pain extends from your back to urinary bladder, then it is more likely to have the stone in your left kidney. Berberis Vulgaris is the most effective homoeopathic medicine in this case.
- What To Do With Intense Burning While Passing Urine: Cantharis is one of the excellent homoeopathic medication recommended with the symptom of intense burning while passing urine. It is a kind of situation when one is found with a frequent urge for urinating.
- For Right Sided Kidney Stone: Most of the doctors have found Lycopodium as the most effective medication for curing right sided kidney. One of the characteristic symptoms of having the stone in right sided kidney is the presence of red sand in urine. Sarsaparilla is suggested by the doctor if there is presence of white sand in urine.
- About ‘The Stone Breaker’: Hydrangea, popularly known as ‘the stone breaker' is one of the most recognised homoeopathic medicine for the kidney stone. The specialist homoeopathic practitioners have considered that from the magnitude of its results it is no exaggeration to call it as stone breaker because it has proven itself over and over again.
- For Severe Pain In Urinal Bluder: Patients who are found with severe pain in urinal bladder are generally prescribed Cantharis by the doctors. Cantharis works well for kidney stones on both sides but especially in the case of symptoms like burning, or if the urine passes drop by drop, the sudden appearance of blood in urine, then Cantharis come out with the most desirable results.
- In Case Of Violent Kidney Pain: Pareira Brava is one of the highly regarded homoeopathic medicines which is prescribed for violent kidney pain. Sometimes the pain gets so acute that it radiates down the thigh or in some cases even down to the feet. Pareira Brava is the most functional medicine in this case.
Though all the medicines mentioned above are commonly preferred by the homoeopathic doctors all over the world, without the proper dose and use depending on the immensity of the ailment a potential treatment of kidney stone cannot be done. It is why you should avoid self-medication. So before you begin your treatment you are advised to consult a specialised practitioner.
Hair transplantation surgery is a procedure where the hair follicles are taken from a donor site (usually the side or back of the head) and implanted on the recipient site that is on the area of baldness. This is a common treatment for men with androgenic alopecia (male pattern baldness) where the hair follicles reduce due to the influence of androgenic hormones. It can also help women with female pattern baldness.
Many people have reservations about the procedure but hair transplantation comes with a number of advantages, such as:
Natural growth after surgery - The biggest and most obvious benefit of hair transplantation is that it improves your physical appearance and eliminates the problem of balding completely. This is because the implanted hair follicles continue their natural growth process after they have been transplanted. So, your hair does not look artificial. Premature bald spots often result in low self-esteem and self-confidence issues which can be effectively addressed by the surgery.
Uniform distribution of hair follicles. Hair transplantation with latest techniques gives natural distribution of hair and proper coverage to bald areas.
Easy procedure and no side effects - The operation is done under local anaesthesia. You will feel no pain throughout the procedure. Very comfortable procedure and you will be awake throughout the procedure. This surgery is done at the level of skin and this is not related to the brain. There is no side effect of this surgery. Today, the surgeons mostly use micro grafts which are placed in such a way that all bald spots are covered with minimal effort.
One-time procedure - Hair transplantation is the only permanent solution of baldness. No medical treatment for baldness is permanent. Once hair transplantation has been done, it lasts a lifetime. Since the grafts are made of your own hair, they continue to grow naturally throughout your lifetime allowing you to cut or style your hair as you wish.
Postpartum hemorrhage is a condition where a woman may lose a lot of blood (approximately 500ml to 1000ml) from her vulva shortly after childbirth. This usually occurs within the first 24 hrs of childbirth and can even result in severe blood loss threatening the mother’s life in case the blood loss is over 2000 ml. Secondary postpartum hemorrhage can also occur until 12 weeks after childbirth and this extra care should be taken, if there is any such possibility.
Symptoms of postpartum hemorrhage:
1. Rapid increase in heart rate.
2. Feeling dizzy while standing up.
3. Increase breathing rate.
4. Feeling cold and chilly even if the room temperature is normal.
5. Sudden fall in blood pressure levels.
6. Fainting or becoming unconscious.
Causes of postpartum hemorrhage:
- Uterine atony: This is a condition in which the uterus contracts and may lead to excessive bleeding. Infection in the placental tissue can also lead to postpartum hemorrhage.
- Trauma: This is a very common cause for postpartum hemorrhage. Sometimes, the uterus (womb), vagina, cervix (passage forming the lower end of the womb) and the perineum (area between the vulva and the anus) can get injured. These areas become vascular during the course of pregnancy and may rupture in the process of childbirth causing excessive bleeding.
- Tissue: At times, the whole placenta or fetus tissue does not come out of the body after childbirth. This can lead to profound blood loss resulting in postpartum hemorrhage.
- Thrombin: This is a disorder which occurs when there is excessive bleeding when the blood fails to clot inside the body.
How can you prevent postpartum haemorrage?
- Oxytocin is a substance which is used after the delivery of the baby. This prevents postpartum hemorrhage. It can be administered in the following ways :
- As an injection which is directly injected into the blood stream.
- After delivery, breastfeeding your baby can also trigger natural oxytocin. This occurs as encouraging the baby to suckle also stimulates the nipples which release oxytocin, thus preventing postpartum hemorrhage.
- In the form of intravenous drips mixed in with important medications. IV drips can administer oxytocin along with other important fluids along with it.
- Uterine massage is also recommended to prevent postpartum hemorrhage. After delivery, massaging the uterus makes the muscles relax and contract. This reduces the risks of excessive bleeding.
A lot of women can also die due to excessive bleeding after childbirth, especially in developing countries including India. This is a cause for concern and proper care should be taken if you start experiencing these symptoms.
On the other hand, lipofilling, a relatively recent procedure which involves grafting the individual's own fat to the parts of the body that need filling. Liposuction is used to remove fat from various parts of the body. Lipofilling involves grafting the fats taken out by liposuction to the areas that require it. Both the procedures address the following areas:
2. Face & Neck
4. Thighs and Calves
7. Arms and many other areas.
The procedural differences
The basic difference between the two procedures can be seen in the two words itself. In the context of fat displacement, one involves suction while the other involves filling. Liposuction involves removal of the fat while lipofilling takes an extra step to allocate the fat to the required parts of the body. Lipofilling is popular for enhancing the Buttocks also. This procedure is well known as Brazilian Buttock Lift.
Reasons for utilizing these procedures
Both the procedures are opted for various reasons. Liposuction is used for reducing double cheeks, fat bulges, removing excess fats for improved sexual function or for rectifying body irregularities which cause difficulty in movement. On the other hand, lipofilling is used for breast augmentation, creating smoother contours in various parts of the body and for grafting additional muscle mass in more prominent parts of the body. The type of people likely to use it Liposuction in general would be opted by people with fat bulges while on the other hand lipofilling would be opted by people with contour deficits.
With increasing awareness about eating healthy, certain seeds are now being considered as super foods. Flax seeds, also known as “Alsi”, have amazing benefits and are recommended by all nutritionists.
Listed below are a few benefits of flax seeds:
Help in losing weight: Flax seeds are loaded with required fats and fibre and consuming a handful of these seeds will make you feel full for longer. This reduces the temptation to binge eat and results in fewer calories consumed during the day. The ALA (alpha-linolenic acid) fats present in the flax seeds have also been found to reduce inflammation.
Maintain heart health: Flax seeds are almost phenomenal as the fats contained in them are unsaturated fats which are wonderful for your health. Because these fats remain in the form of ALA fats, they help you in maintaining and improving heart health by reducing bad cholesterol and retaining the good cholesterol. Thus, the chances of getting a stroke or an attack are relatively low.
Flaxseeds are High in Antioxidants (Lignans): Amongst its other incredible nutrition facts, flax seeds are also packed with antioxidants. Lignans are also known for their anti-viral and antibacterial properties, therefore consuming flax regularly may help reduce the number or severity of colds and flus.
Improve colon health: These seeds are packed with fibre and are very low in unsaturated fats. This makes them useful in improving digestive health. Also, the fibre content makes bowel movements smoother and reduces constipation and diarrhoea.
Healthy, supple and glowing skin: Adding flax seeds to your daily diet is a great idea as they are packed with ALA fats and Vitamin B which help in reducing flakiness and dryness of skin. Consuming flax seeds regularly also helps in getting rid of the symptoms of acne and eczema and are proven to reduce dry eye syndrome and puffiness.
Viral fever refers to a wide range of conditions caused by viral infections of the body. These infections lead to an elevation of body temperature, along with a variety of other symptoms such as headaches, body aches, chills and skin rashes. Viral fever can affect people of all age groups and may even be highly contagious if it is not contained and treated.
What causes viral fever?
Viral fever is caused by the infestation of viruses that spread through various avenues. These viruses enter the body and multiply at a specific site, leading to an infection that manifests itself as the symptoms of fever. This fever may be chronic or acute, depending on the nature of the infection and can easily spread from one person to another.
Some of the ways in which viral fever spreads are as follows:
Consumption of contaminated food and water.
Contact with contaminated surfaces.
Contact with infected animals.
The symptoms of viral fever begin to show after an incubation period during which the virus multiplies within the body. The nature and duration of the illness varies from case to case. The most common symptoms of viral fever that accompany high body temperatures include the following:
Redness of the eyes
Inflammation of the throat
How is viral fever treated?
A case of viral fever can be quite easily treated if there is an absence of complications. For this, the illness simply needs to be diagnosed early. The use of antibiotics and steroids for treatment is advised against unless the infections have escalated beyond a certain extent. Some of the ways to treat viral fever are:
Prescription of antiviral medication
Adequate bed rest
Ample fluid intake
Administration of nasal decongestants
In most cases, the illness gets treated within the span of a few days. However, if the symptoms persist any longer, it is advisable to consult a specialist to check for underlying problems or complications.