Sorry, your search did not match any doctors. Here are some other doctors that we have hand
picked for you!
Show Doctors near me
That's all we have from Thottakatukara Jn, Kochi. Here are some top doctors from nearby cities
Doctors for Growth Hormone Deficiency in Thottakatukara Jn, Kochi
ratings and reviews)
Patient reviews for Doctors for Growth Hormone Deficiency in Thottakatukara Jn, Kochi
Ann Rose Jacob's review for Dr. Jafer Sadiq Mp
Dr jafer wonderfully cured my hairfall issues. He given me internal and external medicines for treating this condition. His cli... Read more reviews
GROWTH HORMONE DEFICIENCY
Growth hormone deficiency is the insufficient secretion of growth hormone from the pituitary gland. It is a rare disorder and can be present from birth or occur later in adult life. Shorter average height and a delay in the onset of puberty are the symptoms of growth hormone deficiency.
HOW IS GROWTH HORMONE DEFICIENCY DIAGNOSED?
Diagnosis of the same is done by a general physician through blood tests. The hormone levels are tested through it.
HOW IS GROWTH HORMONE DEFICIENCY TREATED?
Growth hormone deficiency is treated with the use of synthetic growth hormones which are given by injection.
DID YOU KNOW?
The administration of the injections may be an ongoing process until the child reaches puberty.
What is HGH?
Human growth hormone or HGH is also often referred to simply as GH or growth hormone. This hormone is called somatropin or somatotropin. It is one of the peptide hormones that stimulates the reproduction and regeneration of cells in animals and humans. HGH also stimulates growth.
Functions of HGH
HGH is produced by the pituitary gland. Some important function of HGH are:
• HGH stimulates growth, particularly in adolescents and children.
• HGH is particularly helpful in regulating the composition of the body.
• HGH regulates body fluids.
• HGH regulates the growth of muscles.
Synthetic HGH was developed way back in 1985 and since then growth hormone treatment involving HGH injections have been approved by the FDA in the United States as hormone therapy in specific conditions in adults as well as children. HGH injections are used to treat short body frames, the reasons behind which remain unknown. Poor growth is also treated with HGH injections. HGH injections are also used to treat:
• Turner’s syndrome which is a genetic disorder affecting girls is treated with HGH injections.
• The Prader- Willi syndrome is a rare disorder caused by genes and is treated with HGH injections.
• HGH injections are used to treat chronic kidney insufficiency.
• Obviously, growth hormone treatment is used to treat cases where there is a deficiency of HGH or insufficiency of HGH.
• Children whose gestational ages are not proportional to their size at birth are also treated with HGH injections.
Growth Hormone Supplements
Some of the uses of HGH injections are however, not approved by the FDA. These uses of HGH injections and growth hormone supplements include:
• HGH injections are also put into use along with anabolic steroids and other drugs that enhance athletic performance to build muscles and to maximize the capabilities of their bodies. However, the effects and side effects of such practices are not clarified by medical studies.
• The levels of HGH in the body of a person decreases with age leading some to speculate that HGH injections and other growth hormone supplements reverse the signs of aging, a claim yet to be verified by medical science.
Side Effects of Somatropin
Treatment through somatotropin or growth hormone treatment has certain side effects like:
• Pain in the nerves, joints or muscles may occur as a result of hormone therapy.
• Edema is also a side effect of hormone therapy concerning HGH.
With Lybrate you get detailed information about endocrinologists in India across, Bhopal, Bhubaneswar, Chandigarh, Delhi, Faridabad etc.
You can consult doctors online for Growth Hormone Deficiency from anywhere, anytime at Lybrate. View consultation fee, reviews and patient feedback before consulting. Find best doctors in Adimali, Airport Road, Akkulam, Alangad, Alinchuvadu, Alleppey and in any other locality in Kochi.
You can see above a list of top doctors in Thottakatukara Jn, Kochi for Growth Hormone Deficiency. Ask a question for free at Lybrate today and receive answers from best doctors.