Sorry, your search did not match any doctors. Here are some other doctors that we have hand
picked for you!
Show Doctors near me
That's all we have from Poovattuparamba, Kochi. Here are some top doctors from nearby cities
DOUBLE INLET LEFT VENTRICLE
Double Inlet Left Ventricle is a medical condition in which both the atriums are connected to the left ventricle. This condition is also known as a single ventricle. This condition is congenital in which babies are born with a double inlet intact left ventricle and a small right ventricle. Symptoms are:
• Cyanosis or blue skin
• Failure to gain normal weight
• Breathing trouble
• Pale skin
• Poor feeding
• Swollen legs or abdomen
• Heart failure
• Fluid builds up around the lungs
• Sweating and fast heart rate
HOW IS DOUBLE INLET LEFT VENTRICLE DIAGNOSED?
Tests to diagnose DILV may include:
• Chest x-ray
• Measurement of the electrical activity in the heart (electrocardiogram, or ECG)
• Passing a thin, flexible tube into the heart to examine the arteries (cardiac catheterization)
• Ultrasound exam of the heart (echocardiogram)
• Using magnets to create images of the heart (MRI)
HOW IS DOUBLE INLET LEFT VENTRICLE TREATED?
Double inlet left ventricle is treated with surgery to repair the defect. Several surgeries may be needed in order to make the heart work effectively. In most cases, the heart can be repaired to the point where the child can lead a relatively normal life. The pediatrician may recommend medicines along with the surgery. In addition, children with double inlet left ventricle have to take antibiotics before dental treatment in order to prevent endocarditis. In the most severe cases a surgeon may recommend a heart transplant.
DID YOU KNOW?
In the absence of life prolonging interventions Double Inlet Left Ventricle can result in death