Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best General Surgeons online in Jagtial. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Accident Injuries Treatment
Stem Cell Transplant
Submit a review for Dr. Anand ReddyYour feedback matters!
Due to deficiency of HB I am loosing moisture in my skin due to it I am having itching. Can flax seeds cure it.
My wife, 67, has Polymyositis and is under treatment for last three and half years with steroids (presently 10 mg daily). While her 'cpk' is normal, she is still losing her muscles rather fast. She was around 72 kg earlier, now only 44 kg. Please advice how to address the situation.
I am suffering from constipation. My hair is falling continuously since 2015, I got dimples on my face, Give me an appropriate advise as well medicine to overcome with this problem. Thank you.
I get too much pimples and acne and oily skin What can I do to get glow in skin and clean from every spots and dark spots.
Hi I am patient of psoriasis. My problem is after every three days the patches comes on my face. I use topisal 3%. Please suggest me some other ointment thanks.
My skin colour was changed because of roaming here & there pls tell what should I do to improve my skin tone.
Itchy skin. Recently m facing this issue. Mostly after shower. I have been using moisturizer after shower but it did not seem helpful. Itching causes no rashes bt my whole body itches. What to do?
I have black spots as well as pimples on my chick. I used scar removal cream for 8 months but didn't see any changes. What should I do?
I am 22 years boy. My lips are becoming dry in all seasons and cracks are also forming. Moreover my lips are black in colour. What should I do to overcome this problem.
I have black spot as well as pimples on my face. I used scar removal cream for 2 months but I didn't see any changes. What should I do?
Colon cancer is a medical condition where malignant cancerous growths mainly originate in the colon or the large intestine. Believed to be the sixth most common type of cancer prevalent in India (As per the Rajiv Gandhi Cancer Institute & Research Centre), the colon cancer can metastasize and affect the other healthy body parts and organs.
The symptoms that may be indicative of colon cancer include:
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome.
- A person may suffer from anemia (triggered by iron deficiency).
- Rapid and unexplained loss of body weight.
- There may be rectal bleeding (blood may also appear in the stool). There may also be pain and discomfort during the bowel movement.
- A person may experience extreme weakness and fatigue.
- Frequent diarrhea or constipation.
- A person may complain of abdominal pain and cramps.
- There may be a change in the consistency of the stool.
Unfortunately, in most cases, the symptoms associated with colon cancer may not appear in the initial stages, thus complicating the situation.
Prevention and management of Colon Cancer
A little alertness on your part can help to prevent colon cancer.
- Regular health checkups and screening: Whether the symptoms appear or not, health check-ups at regular intervals are a must. In addition to preventing colon cancer, regular health check-ups can also help to avert a host of other health complications. The screening tests for colon cancer are necessary for people who have a family history of colon cancer and also those who are above 50 years of age. The various screening tests for colon cancer include:
- Colonoscopy (used to examine the inside of the colon for any abnormalities).
- Fecal Occult Blood Test (FOBT)/Fecal Immunochemical Test (FIT) (These tests are carried out to detect the presence of blood in the feces).
- The screening may also be done using Virtual Colonoscopy or Flexible Sigmoidoscopy.
- Forget the unhealthy lifestyle habits: Smoking and drinking (excessive) can be the chief contributors triggering colon cancer. Limiting your alcohol intake and quitting smoking will not only keep you healthy but also keep colon cancer at bay.
- Shed the extra pounds: The harmful effects of obesity are known to all. Obesity is considered to be one of the underlying factors that can trigger a colon cancer. A healthy body weight can go a long way in preventing colon cancer and keep you fit and active. Minimum 30 minutes exercise daily is all that you need to stay fit and healthy.
- Make healthy changes in the diet: If you want to prevent colon cancer, make your diet as healthy as you can. Enrich it with fruits, vegetables and food items that are rich in fibers, minerals, vitamins, and antioxidants. Dietary fats (red meat or any other processed meats) are a strict no. Choose whole grain products over refined ones. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Oncologist.