Sorry, your search did not match any doctors. Here are some other doctors that we have hand
picked for you!
Show Doctors near me
That's all we have from Nathanallur, Kanchipuram. Here are some top doctors from nearby cities
Withdrawal symptoms are abnormal physical or psychological features that follow the abrupt discontinuation of a drug that has the capability of producing physical dependence. In example, common opiates withdrawal symptoms include sweating, goosebumps, vomiting, anxiety, insomnia, and muscle pain. Withdrawal symptoms can include:
• Increased sensitivity to pain
• Emotional instability, anxiety and depression
• Restlessness or insomnia
• Sweating, hot flashes
• Flu-like symptoms: weakness, body aches and headaches
• Lack of or increased appetite
HOW IS WITHDRAWAL SYMPTOMS DIAGNOSED?
The health care provider will perform a physical exam and ask questions about medical history and drug use. Other testing will depend on your provider’s concern for other problems. Tests may include:
• Blood chemistries and liver function tests such as CHEM-20
• CBC (complete blood count, measures red and white blood cells, and platelets, which help blood to clot)
• Chest x-ray
• EKG (electrocardiogram, or heart tracing)
• Testing for hepatitis C, HIV, and tuberculosis (TB), as many people who abuse opiates also have these diseases
HOW IS WITHDRAWAL SYMPTOMS TREATED?
The treatment of these Withdrawal Symptoms include rehabilitation, especially inpatient treatment is suggested. Detoxification techniques to flush out toxins are done along with use of nutritional supplements. Symptoms are treated as they arrive. Counseling is also given to these patients for coping with the Withdrawal Symptoms.
DID YOU KNOW?
There is a very high rate or chance of relapse with such patients undergoing Withdrawal Symptoms and thus post-recovery treatment is mandatory.