Stained Teeth is clearly a sign of poor oral hygiene and having products in excess like tea, caffeine, tobacco and nicotine that stain your teeth changing the colour from white to deep cream or even brownish. These teeth, especially front teeth would have strong marks or patterns on them along with an overall discolouration. This can be followed with pain in some teeth also.
HOW IS STAINED TEETH DIAGNOSED?
A dentist diagnoses stained teeth by the clinical features and physical examination of the oral cavity
HOW IS STAINED TEETH TREATED?
Treatment options to whiten teeth can vary depending on the cause of the discoloration and may include:
• Using proper tooth brushing and flossing techniques
• Avoidance of the foods and beverages that cause stains
• Using over-the-counter whitening agents
• In-home whitening agents purchased from your dentist
• Dental whitening procedures by a dentist such as dental scaling
DID YOU KNOW?
Though stained teeth are not a serious problem or threat, they are a cause of immense embarrassment as they brown teeth show through - making it difficult to smile.