Sorry, your search did not match any doctors. Here are some other doctors that we have hand
picked for you!
Show Doctors near me
That's all we have from Nathanallur, Kanchipuram. Here are some top doctors from nearby cities
A low platelet count may also be called thrombocytopenia. This condition can range from mild to severe, depending on its underlying cause. A low platelet count is the result of a medical condition, like leukemia or certain drugs. Thrombocytopenia signs and symptoms may include:
• Easy or excessive bruising (purpura)
• Superficial bleeding into the skin that appears as a rash of pinpoint-sized reddish-purple spots (petechiae), usually on the lower legs
• Prolonged bleeding from cuts
• Bleeding from gums or nose
• Blood in urine or stools
• Unusually heavy menstrual flows
• Enlarged spleen
HOW IS LOW PLATELETS DIAGNOSED?
The health care provider will perform a physical exam and ask about medical history and symptoms. The following tests may be done:
• Complete blood count (CBC)
• Blood clotting tests (PTT and PT)
Other tests that may help diagnose this condition include bone marrow aspiration or biopsy.
HOW IS LOW PLATELETS TREATED?
For a mild disorder in platelets, usually there is no treatment but for a severely low platelet count patients could require a blood or platelet transfusion.
DID YOU KNOW?
To prevent further complications, your doctor may recommend you to avoid contact sports or other activities where you are prone to get hurt.