sleep. People with insomnia feel refreshed after a sleep. Symptoms are:
• Difficulty in falling asleep
• Awakening during night
• Awakening too early
• Not feeling rested after a night’s sleep
• Irritability or depression or anxiety
• Increased errors and accidents
• Tension headaches
• Difficulty in remembering or concentrating
HOW IS INSOMNIA DIAGNOSED?
The general physician may conduct a physical examination to identify if the insomnia is due to any other underlying condition. A sleep diary needs to be maintained to keep track of your sleep patterns in order to define a course of treatment. In some cases, sleep tests may also be recommended.
HOW IS INSOMNIA TREATED?
If the insomnia is temporary or recently started, treatment is much faster. It ranges from implementing healthier sleep habits, reducing or eliminating naps, doing exercises during the day, eliminating caffeine from diet, relaxation therapies and in rare cases, sleep inducing medicines too.
DID YOU KNOW?
Insomnia is treatable in all patients and often promoting good sleep habit and lifestyle changes can help one overcome this disorder.
In case you are amongst the people to be affected by sleep disorders like sleep apnea, specifically obstructive sleep apnea, you will experience temporary gaps in breathing or have a shallow breath during periods of time in your sleep. We will present to you the basics behind this reason behind narcolepsy.
Symptoms of Obstructive Sleep Apnea
If you suspect a family member or your partner to have sleep disorders like OSA then watch out for the following symptoms:
• People afflicted by sleep disorders like Obstructive Sleep Apnea, abbreviated as OSA tend to start snoring not long after they have fallen asleep.
• The snoring caused by sleep disorders like OSA is quite loud and can at times be heard in accompanying rooms.
• The snoring is broken up by long periods of silence when no breathing takes place which is the tell-tale sign of Obstructive Sleep Apnea.
• Usually, in this type of sleep apnea, the silence is broken by a loud snore and the patient gasps for breath.
• These symptoms of sleep disorders continue throughout the period of time the person is asleep. This almost confirms sleep apnea.
Causes of Sleep Apnea
Sleep disorders like sleep apnea are caused by the malfunction of the throat muscles which keep the throat open to facilitate the process of breathing. In case of such sleep disorders, the muscles relax resulting in the tissues nearby to block the airways of breathing. This pause in breathing is termed apnea in medical nomenclature and the condition is called sleep apnea.
Though indeed, loud snoring is the most typical symptom of sleep apnea, it is not necessary that all those who snore are suffering from different types of sleep apnea.
Medical Tests and Exams to Diagnose Sleep Apnea
If sleep apnea is suspected amongst various sleep disorders, doctors will first scrutinize your medical background and history before a physical exam. Particular attention will be paid to your neck, mouth, and throat. The doctor will also investigate in detail any sleepiness manifested during the day, the quality of sleep as well as the habits you practice during bedtime in order to determine whether sleep apnea is the culprit amongst various types of sleep disorders. A sleep study might be in order to confirm the diagnosis of obstructive sleep apnea.
Insomnia Cures Through Surgical Intervention
In extreme cases of sleep disorders, like OSA, insomnia cures may be sought in surgical intervention albeit as a last resort. Through surgical insomnia treatment, sleep disorders like sleep apnea might be cured. Through surgery it is possible to:
• Get rid of extra tissue lying on throat’s back which is an example of easy insomnia cures of symptoms of sleep apnea.
• If there is a defect in the facial structure which aggravates the sleep apnea, that too might be remedied.
• In the case of physical problems, the airways blocked may be bypassed by generating an opening in the windpipe. This is the last resort of insomnia treatment where the cause of the ailment is due to a physical problem.
• Insomnia treatment might also be sought by removing adenoids and tonsils when there are simply no other options.
However, surgery might not be completely effective in curing obstructive sleep apnea and may also have adverse effects in the longer run. Sleep aids are also effective when the condition of sleep disorders is not extreme. Sleep is important, as sleep aids to refresh and reinvigorate you and sleep aids are perfect for normal conditions.
Lybrate is the best platform to know more of the symptoms of narcolepsy. Further, detailed information on all the major relevant experts in Chandigarh, Delhi, Faridabad, Ghaziabad, Gurgaon etc. are provided by Lybrate. Narcolepsy is now a problem of a bygone civilization.
Consult top doctors for Insomnia online with ease at Lybrate.com. You can call doctor online and view their reviews. Book appointments online as well. Lybrate is best source of top doctors in Adampakkam, Agaramthen, Anakaputhur, Arayappakkam, Ariyur, C.R.R Puram and in any other locality in Kanchipuram for Insomnia.
Above are listed top doctors for Insomnia in Adampakkam , Kanchipuram. Post a free question today regarding Insomnia and get answers from top doctors in no time.