Eye burning or burning eyes is an irritable or burning sensation in the eyes. Burning eyes are often caused by other eye problems like a dry eye syndrome or allergies. It could also be due to presence of a foreign object. Symptoms of eye burning are:
• Watery eyes
• Redness or inflammation
• Pain in eye
HOW IS EYE BURNING DIAGNOSED?
The ophthalmology specialist would inspect and check your eyes to see if there’s some external component in the eyes. A retinal test might also be conducted.
HOW IS EYE BURNING TREATED?
The treatment for burning eyes usually include splashing a lot of cool water on the eyes on a regular basis to ease the pain and burning sensation. The doctor would also give you a soothing tonic or eye drops for the eyes to get rid of the same.
DID YOU KNOW?
If untreated, the Eye Burning sensation can become dangerous and lead to loss of vision.
We should take good care of the organ that bestows upon us the beautiful and priceless gift of vision. But sometimes we experience burning eyes or itchy eyes and must not ignore symptoms like burning eyes, eye pain, watery eyes or red itchy eyes. The terms burning eyes and itchy eyes are often used interchangeably.
What Causes Itchy Eyes
Several factors might cause red itchy eyes. This includes:
• Chlorine of swimming pools is among the chemical irritants that cause itchy eyes.
• Chemicals in makeup might also trigger off itchy eyes.
• Dry eyes are another common cause of itchy eyes.
Itchy Eyes Home Care
If you have itchy eyes or burning eyes you need not necessarily have to run to the doctor. Some simple home cures for itchy eyes caused by eye allergies include:
• Avoid coming in contact with pets if you have eye allergies which result in itchy eyes.
• Do not get too close to grasses as it might flare up eye allergies and lead to burning eyes or itchy eyes.
• Cosmetics are another trigger for eye allergies. Shun them to the largest extent possible in order to avoid burning eyes and itchy eyes.
Contact an Eye-Doctor for Itchy Eyes
Hurry off to a doctor when itchy eyes get severe and your burning eyes lead to:
• Your vision gets affected or you have significant eye pain in addition to itchy eyes.
• Your itchy eyelids or burning eyes are accompanied by them being considerably swollen.
You have increased swelling in the eyelids.
Questions Your Doctor Will Ask About Itchy Eyelids
For treatment of your red itchy eyes the doctor might ask the following questions:
• Do the itchy eyes or watery eyes affect your vision?
• Do the watery eyes or burning eyes display sensitivity towards the light?
• Does anyone else in the household or workplace have burning eyes or problems similar to those faced by you like eye pain?
How Burning Eyes Are Treated
For treatment of your itchy eyelids the doctor may:
• Antiviral drops for herpes-like infections of virus resulting in eye pain.
• Antiviral ointments to relieve symptoms of burning eyes or itchy eyes.
Eye allergies occur along with symptoms watery eyes, itchy eyelids etc. when exposed to triggers.
Eye Allergies Relief
Eye allergies relief may be easily sought by avoiding triggers and doing the following:
• Try to keep the windows as far as practicable to avoid pollens and other triggers for eye allergies.
• Keep triggers for eye allergies like pollens at bay by wearing sunglasses and glasses.
• Make sure your bedding covers are mite-proof to avoid being exposed to dust mites and remain out of bound for triggers of eye allergies.
• Control mold with dehumidifiers and minimize the risk of eye allergies.
• Wash hands after coming in contact with animals to keep eye allergies at bay.
If you have troublesome eye pain or suspect eye allergies consult these top ophthalmologists in Pune, Hyderabad, Mumbai, Chennai, Kolkata etc. provided by Lybrate. Eye allergies relief is now in your hands.
Consult top doctors for Eye Burning online with ease at Lybrate.com. You can call doctor online and view their reviews. Book appointments online as well. Lybrate is best source of top doctors in Adampakkam, Agaramthen, Anakaputhur, Arayappakkam, Ariyur, C.R.R Puram and in any other locality in Kanchipuram for Eye Burning.
Above are listed top doctors for Eye Burning in Pandur village , Kanchipuram. Post a free question today regarding Eye Burning and get answers from top doctors in no time.