Eye burning is not really problem in itself but a symptom of some serious underlying problem. Burning eyes usually happen when an external component enters the eyes like red chillies or pepper. Burning eyes are the early symptoms of diseases like conjunctivitis. The symptoms of the same include a painful and burning sensation in the eyes followed with some watering.
HOW IS EYE BURNING DIAGNOSED?
If the burning sensation in your eyes persists for more than a few days, meet your ophthalmologist, who may perform Slit lamp exam, eyelid, eye motion, reaction of your pupils to light and visual field exam to find the root cause.
HOW IS EYE BURNING TREATED?
If it is due to environmental condition, and the patient needs to move out of the area to see improvement. For others, one can opt for non-prescription as well as prescription eye drops. Application of cool compresses to eyelids helps to soothe the burning and itching. Prescribed antihistamines are also beneficial in case of allergies.
DID YOU KNOW?
Burning eyes is usually caused when one touches the eyes with hands covered with chemicals, chilli or other similar irritants.
The eyes that bestow upon us the wonderful gift of sight surely needs to be well taken care of. It is not that uncommon to have itchy eyes or burning eyes every once in a while. Along with these often go red itchy eyes, eye pain, and watery eyes. Often the terms itchy eyes and burning eyes are used as synonyms. Eye allergies are also quite common and eye allergies relief is often sought.
The Causes of Itchy Eyes
There may be several reasons behind your red itchy eyes or simply watery eyes. This includes:
• The chronic condition of dry eyes leads to burning eyes or itchy eyes.
• Eye irritants in the air like smoke from cigarettes also leads to itchy eyes.
• Another common air irritant that leads to itchy eyes is smog.
Itchy Eyes Remedies in the Home
If you have caught viral conjunctivitis, then red itchy eyes are common. Significant amounts of tearing also occur in the itchy eyes. It is highly contagious in the initial periods and may last about 10 days or nearabouts. In case you have caught viral infection resulting in burning eyes remember to do the following:
• Make it a point to frequently wash your hands.
• Don’t touch the red itchy eyes affected by the infection.
When to Get in Touch with an Eye-Doctor for Itchy Eyes
• If your vision gets blurred in addition to having itchy eyes.
• If you see light flashes before your eyes or eye floaters with burning eyes.
• Double vision also is a cause for concern especially when it comes with itchy eyes.
• If the burning eyes persist for more than a few days.
Get Ready to Answer These Questions About Itchy Eyes
Red itchy eyes might require treatment and for this, the doctor might ask:
• Whether there has been new linens, pets or laundry soap or even pets prior to experiencing itchy eyes.
• Whether the itchy eyelids are accompanied by a sore throat or a head cold.
• What are the treatments tried out by you till yet to cure burning eyes, if any?
Preventing Burning Eyes
To prevent itchy eyelids, you may:
• Avoid environments that aggravate your condition of eye pain and burning eyes.
• Pay regular visits to a suitable doctor even if you don’t have burning eyes.
• Avoid using contact lenses as these too are known to be the cause of itchy eyes.
Eye Allergies Leading to Burning Eyes
Eye allergies are often accompanied by
• Itchy eyelids
• Watery eyes
• Burning eyes etc.
Eye Allergies Relief
Eye allergies relief can be achieved by observing the following, at the discretion of the overseeing doctor:
• Eye drops may relieve you from symptoms of eye allergies.
• Allergy shots may also be effective in the case of eye allergies.
• Oral antihistamines that do not sedate can alleviate eye allergies. However, proceed with caution and only under the supervision of a doctor to relieve you of eye allergies.
If you are experiencing eye pain or have suspicions that you may have eye allergies consult these top ophthalmologists in Ghaziabad, Gurgaon, Indore, Jaipur, Jalandhar etc. in the online resource of Lybrate. Eye allergies relief is now in your hands.
Call doctors and view Eye Burning treatment cost in Adampakkam, Agaramthen, Anakaputhur, Arayappakkam, Ariyur, C.R.R Puram and in any other locality in Kanchipuram. On Lybrate you can connect with top doctors, book appointment online, see reviews, consultation fees for Eye Burning.
All doctors listed above are best doctors available in Guduvanchery , Kanchipuram for Eye Burning. Post a free query today at Lybrate and receive answers from top doctors.