Patient reviews for Doctors for Enlarged Prostate in Paranur, Kanchipuram
Lybrate User's review for Dr. A Muthukumaravel
The experience was fruitful. Correct diagnosis. Easy to approach and he is very cakm Read more reviews
Enlarged prostate or the benign prostate hyperplasia is a condition that is associated with the swelling or enlargement of the prostate glands. A urologic condition, enlarged prostate causes symptoms such as frequent urination, incontinence. The condition is often equated to greying of hair and is considered to be a rather common aspect of growing age. Other symptoms associated with this condition include feeling of incomplete urination, urgency to urinate and difficulty in starting urination.
HOW IS ENLARGED PROSTATE DIAGNOSED?
The health care provider will ask questions about medical history and do a digital rectal exam to feel the prostate gland. Other tests suggested by the urologist are:
• Urine flow rate
• Post-void residual urine test
• Pressure-flow studies to measure the pressure in the bladder as you urinate
• Urinalysis to check for blood or infection
• Urine culture to check for infection
• Prostate-specific antigen (PSA) blood test to screen for prostate cancer
HOW IS ENLARGED PROSTATE TREATED?
Treatment for enlarged prostate depends on its severity. For mild enlargement, lifestyle changes, medicines may be sufficient. For severe enlargement surgical removal is followed
DID YOU KNOW?
As per National Kidney and Urological Disease Clearinghouse, enlarged prostate is the most common problem in men above 50yrs of age
The prostate vis a very important gland in men whose size is that of a walnut. When afflicted it can lead to both bacterial prostatitis and non-bacterial prostatitis, show prostate cancer symptoms and associated signs of prostate cancer. It may also lead to benign prostatic hypertrophy or BPH.
Chronic prostatitis in its nonbacterial form leads to urinary symptoms and long-term pain. It affects the prostate gland and nonbacterial prostatitis is not caused by bacterial infection.
Benign prostatic hypertrophy or BPH is a condition caused by enlargement of the prostate gland. The urethra is squeezed or is blocked, at least partially, in BPH. BPH is common condition amongst men. However benign prostatic hypertrophy is quite distinct from signs of prostate cancer. Benign prostatic hypertrophy is a major headache but not a medical condition that is severe in nature. It is estimated that over 50% of men aged above 75 display BPH symptoms.
What is prostate cancer?
Men should pay close attention to prostate cancer symptoms and understand exactly what is prostate cancer. Prostate cancer symptoms show slow growth and you should keep an open eye for signs of prostate cancer.
The Causes of Prostatitis
Chronic prostatitis is generally of the nonbacterial variety and may be caused by a number of factors like:
• Problems in the nerves of the lower portion of the urinary tract may lead to prostatitis.
• Parasites may also cause prostatitis.
• Problems of muscles of the floor of the pelvis is one of the reasons behind chronic prostatitis.
• Being abused sexually may also lead to prostatitis.
• Prostatitis, whether it is chronic prostatitis or not, may be the work of a virus also.
Symptoms of Prostatitis
Prostatitis is accompanied by signs like:
• Bowel movements causing pain is a sign of prostatitis.
• If you have prostatitis you may also experience pain while ejaculating.
• Complications during urination may also indicate prostatitis.
Nonbacterial prostatitis is a treatment challenge. Chronic prostatitis is notoriously difficult to cure and oftentimes all that may be done is to minimize the symptoms.
However, prostatitis is fought with a medical regimen of medicines which include:
• NSAIDs work to relieve symptoms of prostatitis for a number of men.
• Medicines that relax muscles reduce the spasm felt on the floor of the pelvis in people affected by prostatitis.
In patients with BPH the enlarged prostate results in difficulty urinating which is a common BPH Symptom. Besides that, some of the BPH symptoms are:
• Among common BPH symptoms one is that the bladder is not emptied wholly.
• Effort is needed to complete the act of urination. This is another symptom of BPH.
• The urinary stream also loses its force in BPH.
• Urine occurs in minuscule and weak streams if one has BPH.
Prostate Cancer Symptoms
After knowing the basics of what is prostate cancer, you must be well aware that initially, there is an absence of prostate cancer symptoms. Lacking in overt prostate cancer symptoms it is usually diagnosed through routine blood tests and medical check-ups. Different stages of prostate cancer display prostate cancer symptoms like:
• Painful ejaculation is among prostate cancer symptoms.
• Problems in penile erection also constitutes prostate cancer symptoms.
• Prostate cancer symptoms of an advanced stage include pain in the bones, the spine, the ribs or the pelvis.
• Among the prostate cancer symptoms, the part of the femur near its neck may also be painful. This too is Prostate cancer symptoms of an advanced stage.
Other signs of prostate cancer also exist and one should pay close attention to any of the signs of prostate cancer listed above.
Lybrate is the best platform to know the best experts in Lucknow, Ludhiana, Mohali, Nagpur, Nashik etc. in the field of urology.
Consult top doctors for Enlarged Prostate online with ease at Lybrate.com. You can call doctor online and view their reviews. Book appointments online as well. Lybrate is best source of top doctors in Adampakkam, Agaramthen, Anakaputhur, Arayappakkam, Ariyur, C.R.R Puram and in any other locality in Kanchipuram for Enlarged Prostate.
Above are listed top doctors for Enlarged Prostate in Paranur , Kanchipuram. Post a free question today regarding Enlarged Prostate and get answers from top doctors in no time.