When the gastric glands of the stomach secrete more acid than what the system can process, the condition is known as acidity. It is mostly caused by the ingestion of spicy, fatty or fried food. The symptoms of acidity include acid reflux build up as well as bloating, indigestion, nausea, chest and abdominal pain, gas and similar problems.
HOW IS ACIDITY DIAGNOSED?
The symptoms of acidity are diagnosed by a thorough study of the patient’s medical history by the gastro enterologist. If initial acid suppressing medicines fail to work, an endoscopy of the upper Gastrointestinal tract is conducted or a Barium Meal study is done. In acute cases and in presence of ulcers, a biopsy too might be conducted.
HOW IS ACIDITY TREATED?
Identifying and then avoiding the factors causing acidity is one of the first steps of treatment for acidity. Lifestyle changes, medication and dietary modifications will be suggested to treat acidity. Very rare cases need surgery for treatment.
DID YOU KNOW?
Some common causatives for acidity are medicines such as steroids and NSAID’s, alcohol intake and spicy food.
Acidity refers to the condition in which there is a huge imbalance between the mechanism by which the stomach secretes acid, and the proximal intestine along which the protective feature of the stomach ensures safety. In other words, the acid in the stomach helps to break the food and ensure a smooth digestion process in your body. The excess production of acid in your body results in a condition known as acidity. Acidity causes ulcers which is a condition in which the inner lining of your stomach or intestine gets eroded. Also acidity causes heartburn and indigestion. Acidity is caused by excess consumption of alcohol, non-vegetarian diets and by non steroidal anti inflammatory drugs etc. Indigestion is an underlying condition in which there is a consistent everlasting pain in your upper abdomen. Indigestion is considered as a gall bladder condition. Hyperacidity is one of the acidity symptoms in which your body secretes a lot of acid. Hyperacidity can cause stomach pain, vomiting and a loss of appetite. Hyperacidity is caused due to excessive consumption of spicy food, stressed lifestyle or can be a side effect of strong medications.
Acidity symptoms are common and can include the following:
1. Lot of coughing and respiratory problems in breathing
2. Pain in your muscle during contraction
3. Stomach ulcers or chest pain which may require you to take certain medicines. This is considered as an extreme symptom of acidity
4. Heart burn and vomiting is a symptom of acidity
Acidity treatment is important for you as it may affect the digestive system in your body. There are many home remedies for acidity and you can follow them to reduce the over production of acid in your stomach.
But you may wonder how to cure acidity at home?
Some of the popular home remedies for acidity are mentioned below:
1. Coconut water can give you relief from hyperacidity and as such it is considered good for your health.
2. Bananas have potassium in them and can be used as effective acidity home remedies
3. You should try to keep away from fried and high oil content foods
4. You should also stay from raw vegetables which include onion, tomato and pepper as it can hinder acidity cure in your body
5. Alcohol, tobacco and caffeine should be avoided whenever acidity symptoms start to show. Acidity cure is effective if you avoid them for a long term and not for the sole purpose of acidity treatment
6. You should try to eat 2-3 spoons of ginger juice as a home remedy for acidity
7. You should drink at least 10 glasses of water a day whenever your body shows symptoms of acidity or indigestion. It is an effective home remedy for acidity cure
The above home remedy for acidity should be pursued regularly and can give you effective relief from acidity. It is assumed these home remedies for acidity answers your question about how to cure acidity at home. Lybrate has the best medical practitioners related to hyperacidity and indigestion treatment in Vadodara, Visakhapatnam, Bangalore, Pune, Hyderabad. Subscribe to Lybrate to know more about acidity causes and symptoms.
Top are results of best doctors for Acidity in Old Perungalathur. You may see the doctor reviews by their patients and their peers and choose the best doctor. You can even post a free question on Lybrate.