Sorry, your search did not match any doctors. Here are some other doctors that we have hand
picked for you!
Show Doctors near me
That's all we have from Ariyur, Kanchipuram. Here are some top doctors from nearby cities
Pericardial Disease or pericarditis is a condition in which the pericardium is inflamed. The pericardium covers the heart and consists of three layers. Common causes of Pericardial Disease are infections, heart surgery, heart attack and cancer. Symptoms of Pericardial Disease are:
• Chest pain
• Increase in chest pain while swallowing or coughing
• Low grade fever
• Increased heart rate
HOW IS PERICARDIAL DISEASE DIAGNOSED?
Diagnosis of Pericardial Disease depends on the specific symptoms and clinical evaluation. Electrocardiogram may be ordered by the cardiologist to check for inflammation of the pericardium. In case of constrictive pericarditis additional tests like cardiac catheterization, MRI and CT scan may be performed during diagnosis.
HOW IS PERICARDIAL DISEASE TREATED?
Treatment of pericarditis is based on the cause and may include:
• Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory agents (NSAIDs) to decrease the pain and inflammation
• Steroids, used occasionally for severe attacks
• Antibiotics, if the pericarditis is due to infection
• Colchicine, particularly if symptoms last for several weeks or occur on a repetitive basis
DID YOU KNOW?
The problem of PD is a rather troublesome one and leads to a series of digestive disorders if not treated on time.