Weight Management Counseling
Nutrition Assessment Service
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Asthma Treatment & Management
Weight Loss Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Therapeutic Diets Treatment
Immunity Therapy Treatment
Food Plan Preparation
Treatment Of Foot Infection
Child Nutrition Management
Healthy Heart Diet
Weight Management Treatment
Patient Review Highlights
She was quite knowledable and helpful in discussing the issues and resolution.
It was helpful and quite illuminating regarding the issues.
Dt. Keya Mukherjee Mitra provides answers that are knowledgeable. Well SUGGESTIONS!
She is soft spoken, confident, helpful with co-operative nature. She always wants to help poor and nutritionist children.
The process of cheese making is an age old practice dating back to ancient times and is practiced all over the world. As a dairy product, produced in a manner akin to that of yogurt production, cheese can be made in numerous ways, depending on how the curdling milk coagulates and on the nature of decomposition of the solid particles like proteins and fats, and the liquid particles. Further, through the application of acids, such as vinegar or lemon juice, the final product can be altered and determined according to its consistency, flavor and appearance. Usually, acids are used for catalytic purposes in the production of soft cheeses like Cottage cheese, Camembert, Brie, Ricotta cheese and sour cream, which do not normally require much time to age. In contrast, semi-hard and hard cheeses are made with rennet and ripened with bacteria or mold.
These include Parmesan, Blue, Swiss, Roquefort, Cheddar, Colby and Asiago cheeses and are more often known as grating cheeses.
Cheese, like other dairy products, is highly nutritious, rich in calcium content, protein, vitamin A, vitamin B12, vitamin K2, sodium, phosphorus, selenium, zinc riboflavin as well as probiotics. Besides its high nutritional value, here are other benefits which you may acquire from the consumption of cheese:
Strong and healthy bones
Cheese has always been considered an ideal source of nutrients for bone health, especially because of the presence of B-complex vitamins along with high protein and calcium content. With the right amount of cheese, a number of bone problems associated with ageing like Osteoporosis, for instance, can be prevented. Moreover, cheese also protects your teeth from acid erosion, caused by tea, coffee, soda or wine, as they help in raising the natural pH levels in the mouth.
Cheese consumption also helps in protecting your heart from threats of cardiovascular and coronary heart diseases.
Favorable for athletes
Cheese contains a fat-burning conjugated linoleic acid, which helps reduce the size of fat cells and is effective in burning fats to muscles. In addition, with the presence of a fairly high level of calories, cheese helps the athlete in gaining mass, thereby making it immensely favorable for athletes.
Many people nowadays with a craze of health and fitness scroll their eyes on different ideas to eat healthy. Some take professional help, some opt for for Dr. Google, some believe on their own knowledge and idea and end up feeling that 'eating healthy is not easy' end up choosing any possible shortcut to be healthy and fit. Now we need to think is it really so hard to eat healthy? Well the answer is 'Yes'. We need to cross a lot of hurdles to practice a healthy eating habit. Do read this article to know the hard truths about eating healthy.
Reasons why healthy eating is tough to maintain:
1. You need a good market: By 'market' I mean a place from where you can buy fresh, seasonal, affordable, whole foods. And, if you are in a small town or on a budget, then forgot about fancy foods like broccoli, red cabbage, lettuce, salmon, tuna, multigrain bread and so on etc. When you can't get all this latest stuffs it comes in your mind that you can't get health with local foods at all, as you are seeing guacamole recipe for your salad or multigrain sandwich. In this frustration you will chose to have pizza, or a street side roll, full cheese sandwich, which might be similar to all the fancy meals read or suggested to you to be healthy. And the results are problems, such as overweight or underweight or other health disorders. It is just the first reason why eating healthy is hard and even if you cross this hurdle, there are others.
2. You need time for shop: In this 21st century our lives are in superfast mode. Some of us work for 60 hours a week and come back home with all the tiredness, irritability and basically with the need to sleep and rest. At that moment healthy food shopping in budget is nowhere in life. As a lot of us stay alone or both the partners working along with a child for homework or different classes. A lot more examples are there. So time is a big hurdle too.
3. You need time and energy to cook: Now if you can are able to buy fresh foods in your budget, you need to have time to cook all this for you or for your family. That again needs time and energy from you. Now how you cross this hurdle?
4. You need cooking equipments and more than anything else you need cooking skill: It is tough to cut veggies on a plate with butter knife or eat a curry with no salt n spice or make idli without idli mold. And, in that situation you decide to leave healthy eating and opt for a pizza or dine out, all these hurdles after 50 to 60 hours of weekly work will get on your nerves. Let me tell you, your feeling is absolutely normal.
Now what next? Here are some possible solutions:
1. Respect your struggle: Be realistic and learn from your failure. Almost each of us knows fruits and vegetables are good, sugary foods are bad, even you know about portion control. But whatever suggestions you have received is not at all easy to maintain, you need to admit that. You need to know, practice makes you perfect and you can fail in between. Not to worry, start again. Find new strategies to work on eating healthy challenge.
2. Make a kitchen toolkit collection: With smart choice of kitchen toolkit can make your work easy
- A good knife, chopping board, peeler, slicer, dicer and easy vegetable chopper (cost around Rs.350/- onwards)
- Silicon coated cooking utensils (kadai, pan etc., cost around Rs.1000/- onwards)
- A steamer pot (costs around Rs.500/- onwards)
- Basic OTG and utensils (costs around Rs.2500/- onwards)
- Roti maker (costs around Rs.1000/- onwards)
- Hand blender ( costs around Rs.1000/- onwards)
3. Make a schedule for shopping and cooking: Make a smart grocery shopping list (with minimum preservatives) with pre planned meal for a whole week. Choose locally grown foods if you are in a small town or order online if your area is covered for delivery by grocery stores. You can consult a qualified dietician for a healthy menu and recipes also. Nowadays it is very easy as online clinics are there. In this way you can avoid scrambling your plan to eat healthy and save money by minimum food wastage.
4. Reduce your stress: Eating healthy will help in relaxing you and you can properly utilize your resources of money, time, energy and skill. If you are in stress you can't use any of it. So, go for walk; relax with music or book, go for vacation with your family and friends to manage your stress.
5. Simplify your cooking: You must not elaborate your meals all the time. Think smartly and make one pot meal with maximum nutrition.
6. Ask for help or help each other: It's ok if you ask for help to eat healthy. So help your partner or mom in cooking or shopping or ask for help from a professional. As in India it's quite easy to get a cook at your place. You can hire a cook for yourself or to save money jointly with some friends.
7. Learn new strategies of healthy eating: Healthy cooking needs more effort than you think. So before you leave healthy eating, stop and re-examine. Search Dr. Google or learn from your mom or family or society for new recipes and customize recipes for healthy eating or for relaxation join cooking class.
8. Eat out once a week and eat smartly: Fond of eating out? No problem. Choose a day in a week and eat outside food in one meal. But choose less oily, less fried, less preservative, maximum nutrition options. Like you can opt for thin crust whole wheat pizza with or sub wrap or sandwich with all veggies, baked or grilled filling with no extra cheese, Idli with sambar, yellow dal with whole wheat tandoori roti (no butter), grilled or baked or steamed options according to your choice. Learn about your healthy meal.
After reading all possible solutions I am sure you will start eating healthy, learn and help others to eat healthy.
I am 38 years old, Just a start of diabetes can I eat the yellow portion of the boiled egg as it is mentioned that boiled eggs are very healthy for health & how many eggs can I eat at a day?
Is there any harm in taking eggs when you are following yoga asanas as it is said that yoga is all about purity but eggs may impure our thoughts?
I am ajitkumar having age of 25 and my height is 5.7' ft and weight is 58 kg. So according to age and height my weight is correct. If it is less than how to increase my weight 10 kg within 20 days.
How should I increase my weight, what type of food is preferable to gain my weight pls provide some suitable diet.
Can I take calcium tab as I don't drink milk cause I can't digest it so just to avoid calcium deficiency. (i felt pain in my legs and shoulders few days ago so I thought may be its because of low calcium intake) if yes what is the name of that tab.
My mother is diabetic sometime she feels very weak day to day she become very weak her treatment is continue but sometime she look ok but again she look very weak and tired.
I want to knw the standard Bmi of my age & standard weight. Any solution without exercise for reducing fats.
Hello Doc. I Am 18 years old my question is that I drank a mug of dark black coffee without sugars 3 times a day for a long time of 1.5 months like. So my doubt is does it will harm my body in any of the ways.
My husband aged 32 suffering from diabetes since 4 year's currently his b4 fasting is 300 and after fasting 534. Pls hlp how to control his blood sugar levels.
If someone is diabetic, aged above 70, male, weight is 95 Kgs, is it ok to have Butter Toast (Four Nos ) in breakfast with Tea without Sugar ?
Hello Doctor please can you say the perfect diet what should I take in my breakfast, lunch,dinner Should I take rice or not.
The summer heat can be unforgiving at times, especially with the humidity levels on the increase. As you sweat more in summers, water from the body is lost rapidly which may create complications if it is not replenished. Thus foods that contain more water should be emphasized on in hot weather to keep your body hydrated and healthy.
It is also recommended to keep meals light so as not to stress the digestive system too much. The meals that you may enjoy during the scorching summer can be any or all of the following. Read on:
- Fruit salad: Combine various fruits like mangoes, apples and grapes in a salad and eat it during your snack breaks. The fruits provide your body with various macronutrients that boost your immune system and also do not put much stress on the digestive system.
- Buttermilk: Buttermilk is a drink that is made from curd and various spices like curry leaves and cumin powder are added to it. The drink provides the body with calcium and soothes and boosts the digestive system to prevent various indigestion related problems. It has also been shown to reduce blood pressure and bad cholesterol levels in the body.
- Sattu: Sattu is made from roasted gram flour and is a very good source of protein and energy for the body. Sattu contains insoluble fiber which is good for your digestive system. It also helps in cooling the body from the summer heat and fortifies the body with various vitamins to keep you healthy.
- Chickpea salads: Chickpeas mixed with sliced cucumber, onions and various spices can make a wonderful salad for the summer season. Add a tinge of lemon juice to the mix and throw in some diced cheese to make it more satiating. Chickpeas are a good source of protein and manganese which are beneficial for that are beneficial for the body.
- Stir fried vegetables : Vegetables are a good source of fiber and various vitamins which are essential for a healthy body. They do not contain much calories so you may eat them guilt free. You may also pair them with brown rice to add some complex carbohydrates to the mix.
Water is the life giving source of the planet and we would do well to remember to have our daily dose of at least seven to eight glasses of water a day. Besides it many health benefits, water is also a great partner to have in the weight loss process. As per many scientific studies, you can actually lose up to 2 kilograms of fat by taking your daily intake of water to ten glasses a day, at least.
So, let us find out how we can actually lose weight by drinking more water:
- Appetite: When you drink more water before a meal, you are actually taking care of something called mental hunger, which is the reflex of the brain around mealtimes and during boredom, inducing you to eat more. So, to avoid eating a heavy meal, you may want to have plenty of water before you sit down to eat.
- Calories: It has been scientifically proven that greater water intake can actually help in the weight loss process by creating an increase in what is known as resting energy expenditure. As we all know, there are various ways in which calories may be burnt throughout the day, including sitting standing and even sleeping. The resting state may induce more calorie expenditure with the help of increased water consumption.
- Long Term Weight Gain: The intake of more water helps in bringing down your weight by 0.13 kilograms at a time, which goes a long way in your weight loss journey. Further, the results are also more sustainable and long staying. You can add a cup of water after each glass and you can also replace your other beverages with water.
- Better Results in the Gym: Your workout sessions and that gym outing could actually benefit from more water intake. The way this works is that your joints and muscles are better lubricated which reduces the chances of stiffness due to intense and prolonged movements. This will actually help you in working out for longer periods without getting drained or tired too soon. So remember to drink plenty of water at least half an hour before you hit the gym or go running.
While water can be your best weight loss partner, it can also be a futile ingredient if you do not eliminate the things that lead to weight gain, or hold you back as far as optimum weight loss is concerned. So, you may want to ditch the sweetened and carbonated drinks and let go of fried and fatty food to let your body make room for lots of water instead!