Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Toxicologists in India. You will find Toxicologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Toxicologists online in Jaipur. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. UpendraYour feedback matters!
Avocado and Mango both are rich in vitamins and minerals but which one should you choose?
Remember that the more food travels, the lesser will be nutrition. So consume seasonal & local fruits and vegetables.
Mangoes are even big yes for weight loss as it calms sugar cravings and slows down the development of fat cells.
Can I have mango if I have diabetes? Yes
Can I have mango if I have cholesterol? Yes
Can I have mango if have high bp? Yes
Remember, moderation is the key. And eat fruits on their own or first thing in the morning. Do not consume with or right after/before meals.
For all those who are concerned if mango really works for weight loss:
your mango can help you become lean and toned, but you've got to eat it at the right time. Here's how it works: a mango, eaten with a meal, alters the ph balance or acidity of the stomach and disturbs both the glycemic index and glycemic load of your meal. When a mango is eaten on its own, exactly like the way you often eat your papaya and melon, the sugars and the micro-nutrients in the fruit are much more available to the body than they would be, when it is consumed along with, or right after a meal. So eat your mango after dinner, or have it, as some of us love to do, as aamras, with hot puris, and sure, you will be expanding that ring around your waist.
Eat it first thing in the morning, or just after physical exercise, and it may just help you get that six pack.
If you have any further questions on issues related to nutrition or diet, ask me by clicking on 'Consult'.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over WhatsApp, Facebook and other media.
What are the symptoms of chickenpox? What is the main cause of this disease? What should we have done for our protection from this disease?
1) Dates are free from cholesterol and contain very low fat. Dates are rich in vitamins and minerals.
2) They are rich source of protein, dietary fiber and rich in vitamin B1, B2, B3 and B5 along with vitamin A1 and C.
3) It helps improve the digestive system as it contains soluble and insoluble fibers and different kinds of amino acids.
4) Dates are great energy boosters as they contain natural sugars like glucose, sucrose and fructose. To get more advantage add dates to milk and make it a very nutritious snack.
5)Dates are very low in calories and are extremely suitable for health conscious people.
6) Dates are rich in potassium and reduced in sodium. This helps regulate a healthy nervous system. Researches have revealed the fact that potassium intake up to a certain extent can reduce risk of stroke.
7) Dates also help in lowering of the LDL cholesterol.
8) Dates have high iron content and are very useful in treating anemia. The patients can eat many dates for better advantages.
9) Dates also have fluorine that slows down the process of tooth decay.
10) It helps people suffering from constipation. Soak dates overnight and take it along with water to have added advantage.
11) Dates help in weight gain and are beneficial for those who suffer from over slimming problem.
12) Dates are excellent for alcoholic intoxication.Cures abdominal cancer.
13) It also helps in improving eye sight and helps in curing night blindness as well.
I have fever from last 2 days and very cold from 15 days, my back pain is so much in night so what can I do for back pain and cold?
What is the best way to gain weight and have a fit body what food supplement is the best? Please advice.
Generally daily I go through sneezing problem in morning or sometime when come in contact with dirt? 10 to 15 sneezes continuously without any control. I have tried some doctors also but at time when take medicine it is fine, later same problem is there. Please guide what could be problem & what diet should I prefer to treat it, also guide what medicine shall I take?
From some days I have pain in my shoulder. I thought it is by the cold. But I covered my shoulder by ribbon. I kept for 15 days. But pain is constant. What should I do? Please tell me.
The fiber and beta carotene content in carrots makes them extremely healthy. Carrots also have a number of other nutrients including Vitamins B8, K, A and C as well as iron, folate, potassium, copper and manganese.
Here are the benefits which these nutrients give to your body:
- Reduces cholesterol: Studies have shown that eating carrots lowers your blood cholesterol level. The most recent theory for why this happens is because carrots have a large amount of soluble fiber. This soluble fiber has been claimed to lower blood cholesterol levels.
- Chances of cancer reduced: Carrots have a lot of bioflavonoids and alpha carotene. Both of these have been said to lower the risk of cancer, especially lung cancer.
- Keeps your vision good: You must have heard from your parents that eating carrots is good for your eye health. While it is not true that they can cure any significant eye illnesses, they can prevent many illnesses caused by a vitamin A deficiency. They do this because beta-carotene which is there in carrots can be converted to Vitamin A. Vitamin A prevents include cataracts, night blindness as well as macular degeneration.
- Prevents memory loss: Beta-carotene is crucial for preventing memory loss. According to a recent study conducted by Harvard University, it was concluded that people who ate vegetables, such as carrots which contained beta-carotene had their chances of suffering from memory loss reduced.
- Diabetes prevention: Beta-carotene is an antioxidant in carrots, which lowers your risk of diabetes. It has been found that people with high levels of beta-carotene had 32% more insulin in their blood than people with low levels of beta-carotene.
- Improves bone health: Carrots also contain vitamin C and calcium, both of which are good for bone health. This is especially important for postmenopausal women who usually have a deficiency of calcium in their bodies.
Sir mujhe bhookh bahut lagti hai. Khana bhi khata hu par main aaj take kabhi mota nahi hua jaise ka taisa rahta hu. Batao main kya kar Sakta hu.
After nutritional food at daily like egg, milk, seeds, and others I don't feel any different in my weight and height. I also do the stretching exercises daily. Please advice me. What should I do?
I am suffering with cold from 4days I used some many medicine prefferd by doctors but I can't cure what will I do?
Hi, I am 20 years old. From last 3 days I have cold that doubled last night. Plus feverish I am & major headache was there since last night. Like as if it gonna burst. Plus my hands shiver sometimes. Though I ain't feeling cold that way. What should I do?
One f my colleague is suffered from chicken pox. Although he's not coming officer, but m scared that I can be suffered from it. What should I do now to prevent myself?
Hi. I'm 21. Im a vegetarian. I don't eat much. I never really have much of an appetite. And when I used the restroom one time, my poop was green. Why is this?
Homeopathic medicine is the field of science that involves the production of medicine using natural herbs and other substances. In this, the extracts are obtained from different sources and mixed together in right dosages. These dosages are prescribed by homeopathic doctors since they are able to understand how each extract serves a different purpose, and that they would be effective in their action only if they are combined in the correct proportion. An increase or decrease in the level used can render a homeopathic medicine ineffective or make it harmful for the body. Along with the medicines, doctors also usually suggest some dietary precautions that need to be followed. And here is a list of some food items that the doctors advise their patients to stop taking while undergoing homeopathic treatment.
Food items to avoid
It is said that each food item has a power and effectiveness level of its own and needs to be taken in certain quantities so that you can enjoy its full benefits. This is also one of the major reasons why people who are taking homeopathic medicines are advised to avoid a few food items that might be a regular part of their diet, in order to make sure that that particular food does not interfere with the action of the medicines. This is true in cases where, some foods with strong odour or taste can hinder the medicine's action by overpowering its effectiveness.
So here is what you should avoid:
- Drinking alcohol, chewing tobacco and smoking must not be continued when you are taking homeopathic medicines.
- Most doctors advise the patients not to take coffee, garlic and mint leaves, since these have strong odours and tastes. But coffee at times may not be restricted, since in few medicines, coffee beans are used for grinding the crude extract.
- Non vegetarian foods might have to be avoided during the time period of medication if so advised.
- Sour foods like sour fruits or sour curd must be avoided in case you are taking medicines for skin disorders.
- Spicy and oily foods and other foods that give out a pungent smell must be avoided if medicines are being taken for gastric problems.
- Artificially treated foods and foods made with preservatives need to be avoided, if the person has to take the medicines for kidney problems like kidney stones and renal failure.
- Patients who are taking medicine for diabetes must avoid drinking aerated drinks.
Generally, people are told to take their meals at the right time and no irregularity must set in when it comes to this.