Submit a review for Dr. Sanjeev Kumar SharmaYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
I feel strange that I am suffering from pain treatmentThe New Life Centre have proper facilities for disabled patients as well. So many doctors I consulted, but his treatment was the best. I was admitted to the New Life Centre in case of emergency, but not once did any of the nurses panicked. Many people gave very positive feedback for this Sanjeev Kumar Sharma. He ensures that he gives enough time to each patient. Sanjeev Kumar Sharma has so much knowledge that for everything my family takes his reference. Even though it's been more than a year, still if I sometimes feel pain and call him, and Sanjeev Kumar Sharma still takes my call in case of any emergency.
I was very depressed as I was suffering from spinal deformity. So many doctors I consulted, but Dr Sanjeev's treatment was the best. I saw Sanjeev clinic's advertisement in newspaper and that is how we referred him. I'am almost on the path to recovery, Thanks to him for the perfect advice. With great ease he explained us the problem and how the treatment will be carried out. During the complete spinal deformity correction program he always supported and motivated me.
I searched Dr Sanjeev Kumar Sharma online and saw his reviews. I feel so great after the completion of treatment. He is well aware about innovative techniques to treat problems. The atmosphere in the New Life Centre is always so positive and full of life. Not only he is very calm and composed, but is also a very understanding doctor. Due to my foot pain i was feeling very depressed and had no hope.But I am benefitted with the treatment he gave.
I read about Dr Sanjeev Kumar on one of the social media platform. He has in depth knowledge and ensures that he explains the problem in detail. The entire New Life Centre was spotlessly, clean. Over the period of time the headaches treatment has helped me a lot. He is a very practical doctor. Initially the symptoms of headaches were not that severe but then it became worse.But after consulting him, I am completely cured.
I has acute pain in my hand after I got an injury . I could not see any improvement even after consulting 2-3 doctors. Later i found Dr Sanjeev Kumar who is specially involved in pain management . I got much relief after getting pain in my hand treatmnet from him. He treated me without any surgery and overall treatment was very effective. I am happy that i consulted him :)
One of my neighbour's recommended this Dr Sharma. His treatment suited me the best and now I am fine. He is not just highly qualified, but has years of experience in handling high risk cases. Hygiene is very important, and I must New Life Centre was extremely clean. Overall joint pain treatment was very effective.
I feel so great after the completion of headache treatment. Dr Sanjeev Kumar Sharma has so much knowledge that for everything my family takes his reference. They took very nice care of me, i never felt that I am in a New Life Centre. Overall headaches treatment was very effective.
I was quite depressed due to my leg pain, but Dr Sharma guided me to change my attitude. I searched him online and saw his reviews. Everything was just spick and span in the New Life Centre. Dr doesn't just randomly prescribes medicines, but first properly diagnoses the problem.
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Sanjeev Kumar Sharma to be very helpful, knowledgeable, thorough, practical and saved my life. Very intelligent doctor who helps the patient in a prctical way
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Sanjeev Kumar Sharma to be very helpful. Dr thanks for advise and y aro helpful
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Sanjeev Kumar Sharma to be well-reasoned. Thanks sir
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Sanjeev Kumar Sharma to be very helpful. Very nice
Dr. Sanjeev Kumar Sharma provides answers that are very helpful and caring. thanks
Very nice doctor
Lower abdomen pain can originate from a range of medical issues. In some cases, the pain disappears just like the way it came, in some cases, it takes longer medical treatment to cure the pain. Once the origin and the root cause of the pain are diagnosed, there are plenty of medical options to cure the pain. In this piece, we will briefly touch upon the causes of lower abdomen pain:
- Appendicitis: This is one of the most common causes of lower abdomen pain. It typically originates from the right side of the stomach and soon diverges into the other side as well. The pain can become unbearable in a matter of hours.
- Pelvic inflammatory disease: This is an infection that is caused in the reproductive system of a woman. This is often characterized by vaginal discharge, fever, weakness, intercourse related pain and pain in the lower abdomen.
- Miscarriage: In case there is a loss of fetus on or before the twentieth week, the mishap is termed as miscarriage. It results in acute pain in the lower abdomen pain, vaginal bleeding, back pain, fluid expulsion from the vagina etc.
- Fibroids: This is a growth in the uterus that is often non-cancerous and is commonly characterized by symptoms such as heavy periods, constipation, pain in the legs and back area, pain in the lower abdomen area, frequent urination etc.
- Cancer: A cancerous growth in the lower abdomen area can lead to very sharp pain in the back and surrounding area. The pain is dull in nature and slowly spreads to other areas in a short interval of time.
- Cholecystitis: This is a disorder that results in swelling of the gallbladder area. It results in a sharp pain in the lower abdomen area. A doctor needs to be immediately consulted if a person is suffering from this disease.
- Intestinal obstruction: When the lower bowl gets blocked due to the contents of the lower intestine, a person can feel a sharp pain in the lower abdomen area.
- Salpingitis: When a woman faces stiff pain in the lower abdomen area due to an inflammation of the fallopian tube, Salpingitis is the culprit behind it. This is a sexual disease and needs a doctor’s consultation to get rid of it.
- PMS: A woman can face throbbing pain in the lower abdomen area during her monthly periods. Other symptoms include cramps, weakness, fatigue etc.
- Endometriosis: When there is an extension of the uterus tissue just outside the wall of the uterus, it leads to symptoms such as lower abdomen pain, cramps etc.
- Polycystic ovarian syndrome: This is a disorder of the hormone and can lead to symptoms such as heavy periods, a growth of facial hair accompanied with sharp pain the lower abdomen area.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Gall bladder stones can be painful. Until and unless it is surgically removed and cured from within, the pain continues to hinder daily life. The good news is that there are ways by which pain from gall bladder stones could be managed.
Here is a list of quick, easy-to-follow remedies to counter the pain.
- Heat Pack: Applying a heat pack or hot water bottle on to the stomach making sure that the heat is directly passed on to the gall bladder can give instant relief from the pain. The heat should be applied at an interval of half an hour and a layer of cloth should be placed in between the skin and the heat pack.
- Over the counter medicine: In most cases, over the counter pain relief meds can make the pain go away. NSAIDs should be avoided until and unless suggested by the doctor. A pain relief medicine with anti-inflammatory properties will perfectly suit the gall bladder condition.
- Try vegetable juice: While gulping vegetable juice might sound a little indifferent, it has instant benefits with no side effect. All it needs is to mix beetroot, cucumber, and carrot in equal proportions and extract the juice from it. The juice extracted from this mixture should be consumed twice in a week to flush out the toxins from the system and ease the gall bladder pain.
- Citrus fruits: Citrus fruits such as lemon, orange etc. contains pectin that is believed to be a remover of stones and blockages. This is also believed to be a great agent for countering pain originating from the gall bladder. Consumption of 10-12 tablespoon of lemon juice extracted from fresh lemons followed by a glass of water will wither the pain away in few weeks.
- A mixture of honey and turmeric: Honey’s antiseptic nature prevents infection and the curcumin found in turmeric makes the bile more soluble in the gall bladder. These two herbs in tandem can ease the gall bladder pain and get relief from the stones too. A tablespoon of honey and 1 tablespoon of turmeric should be consumed daily to get the benefits.
- Take the herbal route: There are several herbals that are believed to be extremely effective in treating pain origination from the gall bladder. Some of them include goldenseal, quebrapedra, catnip, fennel seed, yellow dock, rosemary, nettle, peppermint herbal tea etc.
- Apple Cider Vinegar: Apple cider vinegar is acidic in nature and consumption of a quarter of a glass followed by a quarter of a glass of apple juice can show instant results. It should be consumed daily after breakfast. There are instances where the pain eases out within a matter of 15 minutes. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Pain Management Specialist.
Neck pain and stiffness can give you a harrowing time. From children to aged people, the condition is a common problem that can affect all and sundry. In addition to the pain and discomfort, the condition also restricts the head movement. The neck bones and muscles are important as they not only give support to the head but also ensures its free and unrestricted movement.
Stiff neck and neck pain can be an amalgamation of various factors such as
Our professional commitments often demand spending hours before the computer. The sedentary lifestyle is the main wrecker in chief, giving rise to many health complications, with neck pain and stiffness being one amongst them. Sitting in one position for long often results in muscle pull (tension) and strain. The muscle tension can also be an outcome of incorrect sleeping posture.
- Neck injury and inflammation sustained during an exercise or due to an accident can also result in neck pain.
- Neck injury followed by pain and stiffness can also be an outcome of Whiplash (a condition where a person suddenly jerks the head).
- Stiffness and neck pain can also be triggered by medical conditions such as Meningitis, Rheumatoid Arthritis (of the neck), Heart attack, Fibromyalgia (muscular pain particularly in the shoulder and neck area), Cancer (of the spine), Spondylosis, and Spinal stenosis, to name a few.
Seek a medical assistance in case
- The condition aggravates and persists for long.
- The pain and stiffness are sudden and unexplained.
- Pain that slowly moves down the arms and legs.
- In addition to the neck pain and stiffness, a person complains of a headache, nausea, vomiting, fever, difficulty in eating food, a bowel disorder.
- A lump (in the neck) accompanied by pain and stiffness needs immediate and thorough investigation.
Diagnosis and treatment
Neck pain and stiffness are often diagnosed by
- Physical examination.
- A lumbar puncture can also aid in the diagnosis.
- Imaging tests such as X-rays, MRI, CT scans, Electromyography
- Blood tests.
Depending on the severity, a doctor decides upon the course and mode of treatment
- The use of ice packs or heat pads (avoid very high temperature) on the affected area every 2-3 hours (for 15-20 minutes) can provide great relief.
- Gentle massaging can go a long way to relieve the pain and stiffness. It only helps to improve the blood circulation.
- Neck exercises and stretching play a pivotal role in strengthening the neck muscles, thereby reducing the pain and stiffness. However, in an endeavor to achieve maximum results, do not overdo yourself.
- Medicines such as Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAID), Tylenol, Advil, corticosteroid injections, come in handy in case of severe pain and inflammation.
- Use of a neck collar provides support to the affected area.
- Surgery may be recommended (very rare) in the case of serious complications.
- Some patients also benefit from Acupuncture and Chiropractic (alternate medicines). Consult an Expert & get answers to your questions!
Fibromyalgia is a chronic condition marked by constant flu-like symptoms such as fatigue, headaches, insomnia and joint pains. However, the disease has no visible symptoms. There are also no known causes for the disease. While some believe stress to be a trigger for fibromyalgia, other theories suggest that physical and emotional factors such as a prior illness lead to the onset of this disease. This leads to fibromyalgia patients being often misunderstood and misdiagnosed. Almost 80% of fibromyalgia patients are women. While the disease is not lethal, it can make daily life difficult.
The criteria for fibromyalgia were established only in the late 1900s. In addition, the symptoms of this disease present themselves differently in each patient. This makes diagnosis very difficult.
- Constant pain all over the body is the most common symptom of fibromyalgia.
- You may also feel constantly tired, and unable to get a restful sleep.
- Some fibromyalgia patients also suffer from depression or anxiety and an irritable bowel syndrome.
- Fibromyalgia patients may also feel hyper sensitive to cold or heat, and feel numbness in fingers and toes.
Fibromyalgia has no known cure, and like arthritis, treatment for this disease addresses its symptoms. Most treatment programs include a combination of drugs, physical therapy, and behavioral techniques.
Pain relievers or anti-inflammatory medication and antidepressants are the two types of drugs administered to fibromyalgia patients. However, these should not be counted on as a long-term solution, as the side effects of these medicines can cause additional problems. Therapeutic massages and chiropractic manipulations can also help ease the pain. Along with this, it is also important to rest and relax. This helps reduce stress which often triggers fibromyalgia symptoms.
To get a better night's sleep, try going to bed and getting up at the same time every day. A warm glass of milk or chamomile tea just before bedtime can also help induce sleep. As far as possible, avoid taking sleeping tablets, as the body can soon become dependent on these.
Though you may constantly feel tired, increasing the day to day activity levels can have a positive effect on your health. Consider adding low-intensity activities such as walking, cycling, yoga or dancing to your daily routine. Complement these with a well-balanced, nutritious diet that includes lots of fruits and vegetables. If you or a loved one has fibromyalgia, bad days may not be prevented. But with treatment, they can be controlled. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Pain Management Specialist.
What is neuropathic pain?
Neuropathic pain is a special type of pain which occurs when there is damage to nerve fibers,which produces tingling or burning type of pain.It is of two types:
2. Central Neuropathic pain: It occurs due to sensitization of central pain interpreting mechanisms (Thalamus) to falsely feel pain, when peripheral nerve fibers are no longer sending pain impulses to them.
Worldwide-estimates of prevalence of neuropathic pain are 7% i.e. 7 persons out of 100 people are suffering from different types of neuropathic pain.
a.Tingling sensation or feeling of ants crawling under skin
c. Sharp shooting pain or electric current-like sensation
d. Stabbing pain
e. Dull pain with numbness or heaviness
Reasons for neuropathic pain:
2. Alcohol consumption/Cigarette smoking: Damage to nerve fibers or damage to blood vessels supplying nerve fibers.
3. Neck pain/Low Back pain/ Glutei pain
4. Vit. B12 deficiency
6. Post-Herpes virus infection
7. Post-Spine surgery
9. Diseases like Spinal cord injury,multiple sclerosis, HIV, Lead toxicity, etc.
a. Carpal tunnel syndrome: Tingling, burning sensation in hand which occurs due to compression of median nerve in wrist area. It occurs in women especially due to pregnancy, hypothyroidism,diabetes, etc. and in men due to improper position of wrist during working on computers.
b. Cervical Radiculopathy: Pain in neck and shoulder region (which increases with neck movements), along with sharpshooting pain radiating from neck to hand occurs in cases of cervical radiculopathy. This is due to compression of cervical nerve root by disc prolapse, facet subluxation, muscle spasm, trauma,etc.
c. Lumbar Radiculopathy: Pain in lower back or glutei region with sharp shooting pain radiating from hip to leg/foot region, occurs in cases of Lumbar radiculopathy or Sciatica. This is due to compression of lumbar nerve root or sciatic nerve by disc prolapse, facet joint, trauma, hypertrophied ligamentum flavum, piriformis syndrome, etc.
d. Meralgia paresthetica: Tingling or burning sensation in front of thigh, occurs due to compression of lateral cutaneous nerve of thigh, near waist region. Usual causes are tight or constrictive clothing at waist region, prolonged sitting, protuberant abdomen,etc.
Prevention of Neuropathy:
a. AVOID Alcohol consumption and cigarette smoking.
b. Maintain ideal body weight / BMI (Body mass index)
c. Life-style changes: Daily exercises (>30 minutes per day) or brisk walking or swimming; Avoid prolonged sitting or standing (>30 minutes).
d. Food/Diet should have following components:
- Green vegetables e.g. spinach, fenugreek leaves (methi), radish,etc.
- Coloured vegetables e.g. Tomato, carrot, Capsicum (green/red), ladies-finger (bhindi).
- Milk products e.g.Milk, buttermilk, curd, cheese (paneer)
- Protein-rich foods e.g. Fish, egg, chicken, pulses(daal)
- Fiber-rich foods e.g. Bran, oats, Brown-rice.
- Fruits e.g. Apple, orange, guava, papaya, pomegranate, Berries.
e. Blood sugar control (in diabetics)
f. Care of feet:
- Regular inspection of feet (with mirror).
- Comfortable,well-fitted shoes.
- Regularconsultation with podiatrist.
- Treatmentof wounds, foot deformities
g. Adequate sleep
h. Warm water bath (increases blood flow to affected area)
Knee pain is a common phenomenon that plagues most of the people irrespective of their age. It can be the outcome of a torn cartilage or a ruptured ligament. Medical complications, such as infections, gout or arthritis (painful inflammation and stiffness of the joints) can also give way to knee pain. Minor knee pain can be eased by self-care remedies such as physical therapy or by putting on knee braces. However, few complications might demand surgical repair. Pain can be managed by the pain management specialists.
Tips to manage knee pain:
1. Medications such as naproxen, ibuprofen and acetaminophen can be administered to help remedy knee pain.
2. You can seek relief by massaging your knees with ointments constituting of a number of agents such as capsaicin or lidocaine.
3. Keep away from your usual chores to prevent repetitive strains on the knees, thus, allowing the injury to heal as well as to stay safe from further damage.
4. Applying an ice pack in a towel can ease the inflammation and pain. But do not extend its usage for more than 20 minutes because that might harm the skin and nerves.
5. Compression bandages can inhibit fluid accumulation in the damaged tissues aiding knee alignment stability. Ensure that it is tight enough to render support to your knees without actually obstructing blood circulation.
6. To pacify the swelling, try resting your sore leg on a pillow (the idea here is to keep the affected leg elevated to reduce further pain).
7. Shed off your extra pounds as being overweight increases chances of other disorders such as osteoarthritis problem.
8. Go for regular work outs to enhance and maintain the flexibility of your muscles as excessively weak or abnormally tight muscles can contribute to injuries. Be smart while choosing your method of exercise based on the condition you are suffering from. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
I have nerve problem fribrolgia the nerves if my hands r painful at times also there is tingling sensation & numbness in the fingers of palms & feet.
What you must know about Body ache
Affecting your entire body, body ache is usually an indicator of a condition that requires your attention for the pain to stop or a reaction of your body's immune system to an infection. Understanding the symptoms and the cause of the pain is the first step towards getting the right treatment for your problem.
The causes of Body ache can be any one of these:
- An increase in your body's lactic acid as a result of overused muscles (that you normally experience when you perform strenuous exercises) leads to body aches that are not severe but temporary in nature.
- Temporary body aches can also occur if you suffer from flu caused by the influenza virus and other medical conditions like fever and viral infections, among others.
- A cause of body aches can be the presence of a serious condition such as Lyme disease or pneumonia that brings about major infection affecting your entire body.
- Inflammation of body cells or damage to your body's nervous system in the form of chronic ailments like autoimmune diseases and psychiatric problems can also cause pains and aches to develop all over the body.
What can you do to manage it?
There are simple ways that you can employ to relieve your body aches based on the root cause and these are:
- If the cause of your body ache is the flu, the best way to alleviate your condition is to take a hot bath. The hot water works by eliminating the body pains you may be suffering from. Even a gentle massage can soothe the ache affecting your entire body.
- For body aches that are caused due to overused muscle, you need to apply ice packs for 2-3 weeks on the affected area to bring down the inflammation. Even the application of a heating pad can help in relieving body aches brought on by muscle soreness.
- Shoulder and neck pains can be easily prevented by performing simple exercises from time to time such as shoulder shrugs or head turns. Also, the practice of using wrist and forearm rests can reduce your chances of getting shoulder and neck aches.
- Reducing your stress levels can also help in effectively lowering the instances of body ache. From sleeping on time to meditating for about 20 minutes a day can help in lowering stress.
In case, you do not get relief from any of the suggested ways, you need to consult a doctor who will guide you on the right treatment course.