Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Jaipur. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Ila Sharma
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Ila SharmaYour feedback matters!
My wife has frigidity problem. It has been 8 years to our marriage.in this 8 years not even a single day she has shown any interest in any sort of physical relationship or any kind of intimacy. Because this I am highly frustrated. Please help. We have 2 kids.
One of my friend had unprotected sex with her husband and after 15 days of due date she did not get her periods. She tested for pregnancy with pregnancy test kit at home also and kit shown negative. Why this happens so any there any chances to pregnancy also? What should she do to avoid pregnancy in such case?
While small amounts of alcohol do not have any effect on your sexual health, moderate amounts of drinking are known to cause problems in both men and women.
Let's take a look at the effect alcohol may have on your body and sex life:
1. It acts as a depressant - Acting as a depressant (a drug that reduces stimulation or arousal in various parts of the brain), alcohol inhibits certain areas of the central nervous system that are important for orgasm and arousal, more specifically - the circulation, respiration, and feeling of nerve endings.
2. It dehydrates your body - Sexual arousal requires an adequate supply of oxygen and flow of blood to the private areas so as enable you to experience the different sensations that accompany a sexual act. Adequate blood flow in the case of women is important for lubrication and in the case of men for developing and sustaining an erection. Less fluid in the body and a depressed nervous system can affect your sexual performance.
3. It's not an aphrodisiac if you go overboard - Several studies show that alcohol can help certain people to overcome feelings of deficiency or sexual reserve. This can only happen if you limit your consumption to only 1-2 drinks. If you go overboard, the depressant action of the drink begins to take effect preventing your body's ability to react sexually.
4. It causes fewer erections - Drinking large amounts of alcohol or even long-term drinking can cause erection problems to develop. Erectile dysfunction is said to occur when too much drinking causes dehydration leading to a decrease in blood volume and an increase in the angiotensin hormone, which is associated with ED. The likelihood of this occurring gets further increased if the body's central nervous system is unable to act in a natural way.
5. It leads to delayed ejaculation and orgasm - A 2004 study reveals that about 11% of alcohol users face difficulty in having an orgasm. While the men faced difficulty in ejaculating, women participants required more stimulation to reach an orgasm, compared to men and women who did not drink or drank little.
6. It causes vaginal dryness - The dehydrating effect that normally occurs if you drink a lot can also cause vaginal dryness. It causes a decrease in your sensations and hampers the production of vaginal secretions for sexual penetration, leading to painful sex. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.
Sir I got pregnancy test at home.And it shows one Pink line it means negative.But I can't understand I am not pregnant but why my periods getting late?
Me and my wife used an unwanted 72 pill because we had unprotected sex. But after 10-15 days we had unprotected sex again thinking shes is in periods. Now we took a pregnancy test which came out to be positive. We want to keep the baby. But we are unsure because we think unwanted 72 might have damaged the eggs. Please advice.
My wife has just missed her period and we gone through a home pregnancy test today and the result is positive. I want to know when (after how many week or immediately) I should fix an appointment with doctor? Another question is we had pre planned a tour around 300 km far mostly by train in next week. Is there any problem if we go out for the tour?
Hello, my wife is pregnant 4 months, we just did her blood test and report showing as thyroid. What precaution has to be taken kindly suggest.
What will be optimal day of sex for getting my wife pregnant. Tell me the day when the chances of pregnancy is higher.
I have pcod and thyroid, taking treatment for thatrecently in scan I got to know I have fibroid of 1 cm and taking medicine for that form 1 month. Will fibroid cure with medicine?
I had sex one week ago. I have a 28 days menstrual cycle. Though some times my period occurs 2-3days earlier or later than the expected date. Last month my period started on 3rd june. And my expected next period starting day is on 1st july. But, now I am having a creamy white vaginal discharge. Does that mean that I have got pregnant?
Hi Sir, My last periods started on 25th Oct. And today on 19th Nov we had unprotected sex. But semen ejaculation after orgasm, was outside my vagina. Is there any chance I could get pregnant? My period are regular and lasts for 5 to 8 days. I am afraid of taking contraceptive pill because of side effects. Please suggest.
My son 7 year old and next pregnant was on 17 dec 2015 last period stay on 16 march and miss baby in abortion 17 March. Next baby ke liye kab tak plan karna chahiye.
In India, crimes against women have been on the rise; they might have always happened at the same rate but today's media have become more attentive towards these crimes by bringing them to the forefront. Recently, the devastating news of an Assamese higher secondary student being raped and killed has surfaced. Her floating decomposed body was not discovered until 4th of May when the incident itself occurred on 28th of April. If a rape victim dies, it is the most unfortunate consequence that the parents and the loved ones have to live with but there are numerous victims who survive and they can lead a normal life with guidance and care. Any occurrence of sexual assault not only leaves scars on the outside but also have deeper psychological and emotional effects. The emotional scars can manifest in the form of post-traumatic disorder, depression and suicidal tendencies. If you know anyone who has undergone such an experience, then read on to find out how you can help her get back to her life.
- Medical Examination: Physical effects of rape can be adverse on the victim. Forced sexual assault causes bruising, wounds and vaginal bleeding and immediate medical attention is required to ensure safety. Subsequent medical tests should also be carried out to check for Urinary Tract infection, Sexually transmitted diseases (STDs) and uterine fibroids.
- Therapy: Wounds of the flesh heal, but it takes a lot of time to recover from emotional damage and in some cases the survivors bear the burden of psychological scars all through their lives. They may see the incident as an assault to their souls and develop depression, post-traumatic disorder, borderline personality disorder, sleeping and eating disorder. The loved ones have to be understanding and be patient with them. One-on-one therapy or group therapy sessions can be very helpful. Talking about their emotions and resolving issues of anger, regret, pain, fear, guilt in a friendly, supported and understanding environment can help them reconstruct their self-image.
- Counseling: Guilt and shame are two most common stigmas that most survivors have to deal with. They somehow blame themselves for the incident and regret any step they think that might have led to the incident. They become so consumed by the incident that they think the experience defines them, instead of their persona which is called dissociative identity disorder. In such cases counseling sessions can prove to be very beneficial. They need guidance to understand the situation and separate themselves from the incident. The survivors may feel weak and victimized, overpowered and violated; they may also think that they have lost control of their bodies. Counseling can assist to resolve such issues and help them empower themselves with time.
It is important to make the survivors realize that it is not the end of their lives. With a positive attitude, proper rehabilitation and counseling rape survivors can lead a normal, happy life.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!