Doctor in HCG Manglam Hospitals
Treatment of Premature Ejaculation
Treatment of Small Penis Size
Treatment of Sexual Dysfunction
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Submit a review for HCG Manglam HospitalsYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
Dr. Pankaj Verma provides answers that are very helpful. One of the best doctor ever
I am 23 years old girl, unmarried. On saturday I tried to have sex with my boyfriend for the first time. I was having pain but when he inserted a little portion l started bleeding very badly and still now that is monday l am bleeding. What to do? Please help me.
After sex, I am bleeding. What is the reason? That day I am in my 4th day of menstruation but at the 3rd day I am totally clear. So what is the cause of bleeding? I am Bleeding because of the menstruation period?
I have habituated to drink whiskey 180 ml. In whole day I feel sleepy mode actually I drink whiskey at night. Is this serious issue?
Last year march 2018I have gone through angioplasty for one blockage. Presently on medication 1) Ecosprin gold-10 2) Con cor 1.25 nowi am facing sometimes 1) I am getting high heart palpitations just like when we fear of something, though I am not 2) also got angina pain 3) chronic constipation well known Cardiologist doesn't say anything as he has done 2d as well bp and ecg seems to be normal ,he prescribed sleeping peels ,i am not problem with sleep Can you please mention the cause and any suggestions Thank you.
Hypertension or High Blood Pressure (HBP) is a long-term or chronic health condition where the pressure of the flow of blood is always high in the arteries. High blood pressure can develop over many years and affects everyone at some point in life but if not treated for a very long time, it can escalate the risks of a number of cardiovascular problems and chronic kidney disorders.
1. Primary Hypertension - High blood pressure caused by genetic, prenatal or other natural causes like aging (people over 60 develop HBP) is known as primary hypertension.
2. Secondary Hypertension - Secondary hypertension is that which is caused due to specific conditions, like kidney disorders, lung disorders etc.
Blood pressure depends on the amount of blood pumped by the heart and the radius of the blood vessels. The delicate balance can get disturbed due to a number of factors.
Primary hypertension may be caused by genetic factors. There are 35 identified genetic loci related to blood pressure. Mutations in these can cause chronic HBP. Other factors like maternal smoking, deficiency of vitamin D, deficiency of calcium, insufficient breast milk consumption also increase the risk of HBP.
Secondary hypertension is caused by a variety of conditions like hypothyroidism, hypothyroidism, nephritis, asthma, sleep apnea, depression, pregnancy etc. Overconsumption of caffeine, alcohol, sodium and illegal drugs may also be responsible for high blood pressure.
Hypertension may not show any warning symptoms for several years while it continues to develop. A few tell-tale signs are frequent throbbing headaches, shortness of breath, nosebleeds, excessive sweating but these only occur when there is an extremely serious medical complication.
Treatment and Prevention
Hypertension is a common condition, especially after the age of 40. Medication may help control severely high blood pressure to an extent but certain lifestyle changes go a long way in both preventing and treating the disorder. Some of them are:
- Taking regular blood pressure readings after the age of 25. A normal blood pressure is not more than 120/80 mm Hg
- Obesity causes hypertension. A normal Body Mass Index of < 23 kg /sq. m. is to be maintained
- The daily diet should include at least 4 to 6 portions of fruits and vegetables
- Salt intake is to be limited
- Drinking and smoking are to be minimized
- Stress and burnout should be avoided
Apart from the pointers mentioned above it is also important that you must not stop taking your medications on your own even if the blood pressure is normal, and take calcium and magnesium supplements along with it.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Metabolic syndrome refers to a group of conditions that occur together and increase your chances of developing stroke, diabetes, and heart problems. This set of conditions includes high blood sugar, abnormal levels of cholesterol, abdominal fat, and high blood pressure. More importantly, having just any one of these conditions doesn't mean that you suffer from this problem.
What really brings about this condition?
Experts are still not sure as to what causes the development of this condition; the causes and risk factors can be manifold.
Some of the causes can be:
1. Insulin resistance - A hormone produced by the pancreas in your body, insulin plays the vital role of helping your body to use the glucose as fuel. The problem of insulin resistance causes your body to produce more of this hormone so as to tackle the rising glucose levels in your body. Closely connected to excess belly fat, it causes the development of diabetes.
2. Overweight or obesity - Instances of obesity can also cause you to develop metabolic syndrome. More specifically, abdominal obesity can see your prospect increasingly significantly. It can bring about problems like insulin resistance and other associated conditions.
3. Abnormal hormone levels - Even the behavior of hormones can affect your chances of developing this health condition. For example, the hormonal disorder like PCOS can cause metabolic syndrome.
4. Unhealthy lifestyle - Having too much of processed foods without an adequate amount of physical activity can increase your prospects of developing metabolic syndrome. Eating a heart-healthy diet, which is rich in fruits, vegetables, whole grains, and fish can help to curb this problem.
How to identify this health condition?
When it comes to symptoms, this group of disorders doesn't reveal any specific signs but symptoms associated with individual health conditions that make up this group. You can come across signs like an increased waistline, or symptoms associated with diabetes like increased urination, a thirsty feeling, blurred vision, and fatigue.
Nonetheless, you're said to suffer from this problem if you exhibit these characteristics:
- Abdominal obesity marked by waist size of over 40 inches in men and 35 inches in women
- Triglyceride levels of 150 and above
- Blood pressure levels of 130/85 and above
- Fasting blood sugar measuring 110 and above
- Good cholesterol levels less than 50 in women and 40 in men
A vitamin is an organic compound, which is required by the human body in appropriate amounts to ensure the proper and healthy functioning of the various body parts. These vitamins help you in being healthy and maintaining an optimum level of brain activity. The deficiency of the same can cause you to have various health issues and illnesses.
B Vitamins are of various subtypes, and they are collectively known as B-Complex Vitamins. These vitamins are medically proven to relieve stress and boost up your energy levels. They also fight depression, restrict brain ageing and help you to live a longer life. Here's how B vitamins help in keeping your brain healthy.
- Prevent mental decline: The three vitamin B types that help to avoid a mental decline are: B6, B12, and B9 (Folic Acid). Additionally, these 3 vitamins also prevent dementia and Alzheimer's disease.
- Act as dopamine boosters: Dopamine is a neurotransmitter inside the brain that that boosts productivity, motivation and focus among human beings. This helps to ensure your mental well-being keep you mentally happy. B vitamins enhance your brain health by facilitating an increase in dopamine levels.
- Lets you avoid mental disorders: The lack of Vitamin B12 leads to certain mental disorders like- dementia, brain atrophy, brain shrinkage, depression, and schizophrenia. You can avoid this condition by taking Vitamin B12 supplements.
- Sharpen memory: In case you have a short term memory or face other memory problems, various forms of B vitamins supplements will help you to regain the optimal state of mind.
Benefits of Vitamin B Subtypes-
- Vitamin B1: Vitamin B1 strengthens the immune system and improves the body's ability to withstand stressful conditions. Very good sources of vitamin B1 include asparagus, mushrooms, romaine lettuce, spinach, tuna, sunflower seeds, green peas, tomatoes, sprouts and eggplant.
- Vitamin B2: Vitamin B2 is required to protect cells from oxygen damage. It plays a key role in energy metabolism, and for the metabolism of fats, ketone bodies, carbohydrates, and proteins. Common food sources of vitamin B2 are milk, cheese, leafy green vegetables especially spinach, liver, kidneys, tomatoes, yeast, legumes, almonds and mushrooms.
- Vitamin B3: Vitamin B3 is important in energy production. It is essential for conversion of the body's proteins, fats, and carbohydrates into usable energy. Foods rich in Vitamin B3, such as dairy products, can compensate for not consuming enough niacin in the diet because the body can convert tryptophan to niacin. Good sources of Vitamin B3 are avocados, tomatoes, dates, leaf vegetables, carrots, broccoli, sweet potatoes, mushrooms, chicken, beef, fish: salmon, tuna, milk and eggs.
- Vitamin B5: Vitamin B5 is needed to release energy from sugars, starches, and fats. It helps to support the adrenal glands. Small quantities of Vitamin B5 are found in nearly every food, with high amounts in whole-grain cereals, eggs, legumes and meat.
- Vitamin B6: Vitamin B6 is essential for the metabolism of carbohydrates, amino acids, and fats, as well as for normal nerve function and for the formation of red blood cells. Foods rich in vitamin B6 are turnip greens, spinach, garlic, tuna, bell peppers, cauliflower, banana, mustard greens, cabbage, asparagus, celery, broccoli, collard greens, kale and sprouts.
- Vitamin B7: Biotin is necessary for cell growth, the production of fatty acids, and the metabolism of fats and amino acids. It is also helpful in keeping blood sugar at normal level. Biotin is often recommended for strengthening hair and nails. Foods with a relatively high biotin content include liver, egg yolk and some vegetables.
- Vitamin B12: Vitamin B12 with folic acid is necessary for the formation and maturation of red blood cells and the synthesis of DNA. Vitamin B12 is also necessary for normal nerve function. Vitamin B12 occurs in foods that come from animals. Plants are poor sources of vitamin B12. Thus in vegetarians, supplementation may be required. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a General Physician.
Paneer, also known as cottage cheese, is a dairy product which is made by curdling the milk with the help of lemon or vinegar and then draining the liquid. Not only is it delicious and an integral part of some of the most popular dishes of Indian cuisine, it is also a very good source of calcium, protein and healthy fats that help in improving the functioning of the body.
Here are some of the surprising health benefits of this Indian dietary staple:
- Diabetes-friendly: The carbohydrate content is low in paneer, which makes it a very good option for diabetics. Consumption of paneer does not cause a surge in the blood sugar level as it is digested slowly by the body.
- Improves bone and teeth health: Protein is a good source of calcium and phosphorus that helps in improving the health of the teeth and bones in the body.
- Helps in weight loss: Cottage cheese is a great source of conjugated linoleic acid that helps in boosting the metabolism of the body, thus aiding weight loss. Plus, it lowers the risk of cancer by reducing the amount of bad cholesterol in the body.
- Contains high amounts of protein: Enriched with vegetable protein, which is the basic building component of muscles and bones, paneer is known to keep your muscles and bones in good health. Besides, the protein in paneer is essential for brain development and the development of the fetus, making it another reason why it should be a part of your diet.
- Improves metabolism: Paneer contains high amounts fiber, which helps in improving the digestive process of the body. It also adds bulk to the stool and helps in feeling full.
- Controls blood pressure: It regulates blood pressure as it contains potassium, which helps in lowering blood pressure by controlling the effect that sodium has on your body.
- Boosts the immune system: Paneer contains compounds that help in strengthening the immune system, thereby preventing disorders like common cold, cough and bronchial asthma. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a General Physician.
An anal fissure refers to a tiny tear occurring in the anus's lining. This cut may occur when you pass hard stools during bowel movement. The fissures can cause pain which may be severe. This condition is most commonly seen in children and infants, though it can affect people of all ages.
Symptoms of anal fissures
The common signs and symptoms of anal fissure include:
- A visible cut or tear in the skin around anus
- A small lump of skin present next to the tear
- Sharp and stabbing pain in the anal area along with itching during bowel movement
- Spots of blood visible on stools
What causes an anal fissure?
Other than chronic constipation and diarrhea other common causes of anal fissure are:
- Crohn's disease
- Straining during labor
- Anal sphincter muscles that are overly tight
What are the probable ways of dealing with anal fissures?
A digital rectal exam can be performed to diagnose the anal fissure. Anal fissures usually don't require surgery and can be treated at home by:
- Taking stool softeners to avoid cuts in the anus
- Increasing the consumption of fibrous foods including raw fruits and vegetables
- Taking warm baths which will help relax the anal muscles, relieve irritation and increase the flow of blood to the anorectal area
- Applying ointments and pain relievers to the anus to reduce the discomfort and promote healing
- If you are overweight, it is important that you make can effort to reduce the same
Botox injections may also prevent spasms in the anus by paralyzing the muscle temporarily. If anal fissures fail to respond to any of the treatments you have to undergo an anal sphincterotomy. This surgical procedure involves making a small dissection in the anal sphincter which helps to relax the muscle.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!