Doctor in Dr Mahendra Orthopaedic Center
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Knee Injury Treatment
Treatment of Spine Injuries
Submit a review for Dr Mahendra Orthopaedic CenterYour feedback matters!
You may be able to relieve heel pain by stretching tight calf muscles exercises.
Stand about 1 ft (30 cm) from a wall and place the palms of both hands against the wall at chest level. Step back with one foot, keeping that leg straight at the knee, and both feet flat on the floor. Your feet should point directly at the wall or slightly in toward the center of your body. Bend your other (front) leg at the knee, and press the wall with both hands until you feel a gentle stretch on your back leg. Hold for a count of 10 (increasing the count to 30 or longer as you continue over several weeks). Switch legs and repeat. Do this 3 to 6 times a day.
Foot-strengthening exercises done with a towel and weights curls exercise.
Place a towel on the floor, and sit down in a chair in front of it with both feet resting flat on the towel at one end. Grip the towel with the toes of one foot (keep your heel on the floor and use your other foot to anchor the towel). Curl your toes to pull the towel toward you. Repeat with the other foot. To increase strength, later use& 3 lb (1.5 kg) to 5 lb (2.5 kg) weights on the other end of the towel (such as a can of fruits or vegetables.
My mother age is 40 years and she is suffering from bone pain in leg and thigh or knee while walking and sitting may be suffering from osteoarthritis. Can I use ensure powder for strong bones. Please help.
Mujhe ankylosing spondylitis hai pochle 12 sal se. Mai sabhi jagah gya lekin mujhe iska koi ilaj nhi mila. Meri halat tab se lagatar khatab hai. Mujhe kuch ab aage samajh nhi aata. Mujhe karwat tak nahi li jati. Kya mujhe indian spine injury center jana chahiye ya waha se bhi kuch fayada nhi hoga. Meri financial condition bhi bahut kharab hai. Please mujhe hindi me bataiye mai kya karu.
I have a hip fracture on dec 2017 and in how many days feel completely better as before hip fracture and one most thing that the Dr. has advised me that k beta apka intramedullary nail (rod) kuch dino k baad nikal diya jayega kya ye karna sahi rahta ya rod pada rahne diya jaye.
Leg cramps can be caused simply from dehydration to something much more serious such as kidney disease.
- Cramps often result from
- Vigorous exercise
- Trauma to the muscle
- Keeping the leg in an awkward position for too long, such as sitting in a crowded theater.
- Other causes can include medications such as birth control, diuretics (which are often prescribed for people with high bp) and steroids.
- A lack of potassium or calcium can also be the underlying cause, as well as cold weather.
How to prevent leg cramps
- There are a number of ways you can alleviate nighttime leg cramps. Once leg cramps set in, the best method to relieve them is movement, either walking around or simply jiggling or shaking your leg. In addition, things like pumping your ankles up and down or rubbing the muscles can help as well.
- Some people with chronic leg cramps have found relief using cool compresses, which work by numbing pain and reducing soreness. But anyone who regularly suffers leg cramps should also work to strengthen their muscles, which will make cramps less frequent.
When performing simple daily activities like climbing stairs, getting out of a chair, or walking tend to become a rather painful experience, knee replacement surgery seems to be the only suitable solution. Referred to as arthroplasty, it is a common surgery nowadays and ideal when several other therapies and injections fail to bring back the knees into the normal functioning order. Below are some the things that one can expect from a knee replacement surgery.
- Medications: It is quite natural to receive lots of prescribed medicines right after the completion of the surgery. From antibiotics to painkillers, one needs to be ready to have various medicines which are meant to relieve the pain of the surgery as well as to prevent blood clots. However, the drug dosages continue to get lesser, after each passing day, depending on how well the knees are performing.
- CPM: Taking the help of CPM or continuous passive motion becomes necessary for many people after having the knee replacement surgery. Depending on the condition of one’s knee, one might need to spend time in a CPM system, which helps in keeping the knee flexible. There’s a cradle in the machine for the legs, and the machine is fitted with the joint position and leg length. One can adjust the level up to which the machine can bend the knees, depending on their comfort level.
- Walking: The majority of the people who undergo knee replacement surgery can walk the very day of the surgery or the next day. Most of the people become able to bear the weight of the replaced knee with the help of crutches or walkers. However, one can expect a bit of pain when starting to walk for the first time after surgery.
- Rehabilitation: The primary purpose of rehabilitation after a knee replacement surgery is to make one capable of bending his or her knees at least 90 degrees which is essential for performing the daily activities easily. Several therapies can make the rehabilitation process a success and make the knees bendable more than 90 degrees in most of the cases.
- Exercise: Most people go home within a few days after a knee replacement surgery and is essential to take care post-surgery. The best way to maintain the good health of the knees is by performing the exercise program regularly, which is suggested by the doctors. Following the exercise program regularly and performing regular short walks, can make the knees flexible like before while regaining their strength as well as the motion range more quickly.
It's best to visit one's doctor from time to time, even months after the knee replacement surgery is done to not only monitor his or her knee replacement; but also to ensure that there are no risks of any complications. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Knee osteoarthritis is a common condition affecting the knee joints. This condition results from age related degeneration of joint cartilage and synovial fluid. This results in excessive stiffness, swelling, pain and decreased mobility due to loss of lubricant functions of joint cartilage.
Treatment for Knee Osteoarthritis:
Treatment for knee osteoarthritis consists of anti inflammatory drugs, lifestyle modifications and knee exercises. In advanced stages where pain is severe or conservative therapy fails, replacement of knee joint is required. In many cases, knee replacement is not feasible or desired due to various reasons. For such cases, other treatment option is available in form of Platelet rich Plasma (PRP) injection in knee joint.
How is PRP therapy done?
The procedure involves drawing a sample of blood from the patient and then placing it in a Centrifuge machine which extracts the Platelet rich plasma (PRP) constituent from blood.The sample constitutes of platelets (blood cells) which consist of numerous healing and inflammatory chemicals. This PRP sample is injected in the knee joint under sterile precautions. This decreases inflammation, and promotes healing.
Benefits of PRP therapy:
The body’s first response to soft tissue injury is to deliver platelets. Platelets carry cells, proteins, and other growth / healing factors that initiate repair and recruit stem cells. PRP therapy’s natural healing process intensifies the body’s efforts by delivering a higher concentration of platelets within the damaged joint. Research has shown PRP therapy to be very effective at relieving pain and returning patients to their normal activities. Both Ultrasound and MRI images have shown definitive tissue repair after PRP therapy, confirming the healing process.
The need for knee replacement can also be greatly reduced by promoting repair of cartilage before joint damage becomes extensive. In fact PRP therapy works best when done in early stages of Knee Osteoarthritis.
Relieves pain without the risks of surgery or general anesthesia.
No hospital stay is required. The procedure is performed safely and takes approximately two hour including preparation and recovery time. In fact, most people return to their jobs or usual activities right after the procedure.
Most patients require 2 to 3 sessions of knee PRP therapy.
Side effects of PRP Therapy:
The procedure is free of side effects when done by experienced pain specialists. Since the therapy involves injecting patient's own blood derivative, it is a safe procedure. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!