Weight Management Counseling
Nutrition Assessment Service
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Asthma Treatment & Management
Weight Loss Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Therapeutic Diets Treatment
Immunity Therapy Treatment
Food Plan Preparation
Treatment Of Foot Infection
Child Nutrition Management
Healthy Heart Diet
Weight Management Treatment
Submit a review for nourish vaniYour feedback matters!
- Drink plenty of water.
- Use oil free cosmetic products.
- Wash a face twice a day.
- Use sunscreen daily.
- Make sure that the hands/ towel is clean when you touch your face.
- Eat food rich in water, fresh fruits, chicken, boiled fish, whole grains.
- Prefer steaming, boiling, grilling methods for cooking over frying.
- Don’t stress.
- Carry oil-absorbing tissues to wipe away oil whenever necessary.
- Don't ever go to bed with make-up on.
- Avoid smoking and drinking.
- Don't use creamy or milk cleansers.
- Don't over wash face.
- Don’t eat fried and processed foods.
- Avoid sugary products.
A stinging pain in the neck that makes you feel broken from the neck joint could be a reason to worry. It is often accompanied by an aching head or a throbbing shoulder joint. Neck pain, such as this occurs due to an injury in the area resulting from sudden back and forth movement of the neck. It is referred to as whiplash as the nature of the pain and subsequent discomfort resembles the snapping of a whip. The pain is more like a sprain, but not exactly so. This can affect athletes or even any person in general who has faced an accident in recent past. Whiplash is characterized by a tearing of ligaments and tendons that connect one bone to another.
Causes of Whiplash:
- Sports that involve contact: Any extracurricular activity involving collisions or other forms of physical contact can cause neck injuries. Football and rugby players frequently suffer from Whiplash.
- Road accidents: Public transport has a host of disadvantages. Reckless driving can make the tendons of your neck tear. Auto accidents cause immense strain on your neck; it can also lead to Whiplash.
- Any kind of physical abuse: If you have gotten into a violent fight with someone your neck could suffer from a Whiplash. Instances of physical abuse where the neck is jerked or punched at can also result in neck strains. Domestic violence often leads to instances of neck strains.
Symptoms related to this condition:
- You may or may not suffer from tinnitus. Tinnitus is a physical disorder where you hear ringing sounds. It is quite distracting.
- Your vision might get blurry.
- You can experience irregular sleep patterns.
- You can find it hard to concentrate on any one thing for more than a while.
- You can grow irritable at the drop of a hat.
- Your memory may fail you. You might find it next to impossible to trace back a day's activity.
Some of the other direct symptoms are:
- Your neck might turn stiff preventing you from moving it left, right, up or down.
- Pangs of pain can be felt in and around your shoulders.
- Your upper arms can grow numb and tender.
- Your head can spin repeatedly or you could feel dizzy.
- Whiplash can also result in serious fatigue. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Orthopaedist.
Hair transplant procedures are preferred when opting for hair-loss solutions as they are not only a permanent solution to hair-loss, but with the advent of modern technology, it also looks very natural. Today surgeons are capable of transplanting and extracting large number of hair follicles. Currently there are two major methods via which hair transplant procedure is performed. They are known as FUE (Follicular Unit Extraction) and FUT (Follicular Unit Transplantation). Read on more to find which one you should opt for.
Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE):
Follicular Unit Extraction is a hair transplant procedure, in which the hair transplant physicians extract each hair follicle directly from the scalp. It is done randomly and it results in lower density of hair in the donor area which is not noticeable in most cases.
- Pain Management: In FUE, stitches are unnecessary and there is no existence of any linear scar, so healing time is short and there is almost non-existent post procedural discomfort.
- Scarring: There is no linear scarring as such in FUE but there are 1mm in diameter or less puncture marks which heal by themselves within 3 to 7 days.
Follicular Unit Transplant
Follicular Unit Transplant or FUT is the procedure of transplanting your hair by removal of a small strip of tissue from the back of your head. Hair follicles are extracted from there for further use. FUT is recommended in cases of advanced hair loss. FUT also recommended as in most cases, your physician will be able to deliver results which meet your expectations.
- Pain Management: FUT procedure can cause some pain as swelling may occur in the region from where the tissue has been extracted. Suitable medication can be prescribed by your physician in case the pain persists.
- Scarring: Opting for a FUT procedure results in a very thin linear scar in the donor region. The scar is very much concealable as it is visible only if you opt for the shortest haircut styles. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.
Ayurveda literally translates into “the science of longevity.” It not just looks at treating the symptoms of the patient, but at getting to the root of the issue for a holistic treatment. In addition to various products, yoga is an integral part of maintaining overall health in Ayurveda.
Patrons of yoga would agree that yoga has multiple benefits, not just in treating diseases, but in maintaining the overall health. The following are some of the most obvious benefits of yoga.
- Weight management: Yoga normalizes body weight by multiple ways including restoring hormonal balance, reducing cortisol levels, improving depression (which can lead to binge eating), etc. Do not worry about calories not being burned during yoga. Yoga is a very good stress reliever and people who are not stressed are rarely obese.
- Pain control: Whether you have a headache or back pain, knee pain or muscle pain, try specific yogasanas. There are people who would vouch for the fact that they could completely stop their pain killers with effective yoga.
- Strength: Yoga makes a person strong in addition to improving flexibility. In most forms of exercises, some may give strength, others may give flexibility. But yoga is one of the few approaches, which combines the two. Range of motion of the joints is improved, healing is quicker, and ligaments and muscles are more elastic with yoga.
- Brain functioning: Yoga improves memory and cognitive functioning. Because meditation and focusing on oneself is such an integral part of yoga, it promotes brain function. It improves memory, clarity of thought, attention span, and helps in decision making.
- Reduces stress: By improving overall well-being, yoga is one of the best methods for stress management. This in turn leads to reduction of a host of other diseases including hypertension, diabetes, stroke, sleep disorders, etc. There is also a heightened feeling of well-being, reduced depression, better self-esteem, improved motivation, and other effects which improve overall health and happiness quotient.
- Anti-degenerative effects: The body is in a constant state of degeneration and with age, this is accelerated. What yoga does is to arrest degeneration – be it the muscle mass, the skin tone, or the joint flexibility. It has a whole lot of metabolic benefits including reducing glucose, sodium, total cholesterol, triglycerides, LDL, VLDL, and catecholamines. Simultaneously, it helps by increasing HDL cholesterol, hematocrit, hemoglobin, lymphocyte count, white blood cell count, thyroxin, total serum protein, oxytocin, prolactin, and cholinesterase among others.
- Restores function: For impaired body systems, whether it is nervous or digestive, musculoskeletal or neurologic, yoga does wonders.
There is no restriction on where to do yoga. Unlike gymming, swimming, or cycling, there is no definite set-up required. So, go embrace yoga and see the benefits for yourself.
Stomach problems are one of the most common issues you face. Irrespective of what your age is, it is highly likely that you have an upset stomach once in while. A stomach upset has a distinguishable characteristic - that stomach linings as well as the small and large intestines tend to swell. This is called inflammation. The following are the most common causes of an upset stomach.
Viruses are the most common causes of an upset stomach. It is highly likely that your stomach upset is because of a virus since there are so many types of them.
2. Parasites or bacteria like Salmonella and Escherichia coli
This is also a very common cause of stomach upset. Salmonella infections are usually caused by eating raw eggs, meat and meat products whereas Escherichia coli infections come from raw vegetables as well as milk and dairy products.
3. Allergic reactions
These happen very specifically to people who have a reaction to a certain type of food.
4. Excess alcohol
Most people think that alcohol will only make you pass out or get liver cirrhosis. Many people do not know that alcohol can actually adversely affect your stomach as well.
5. Excess caffeine
Caffeine is also dangerous to your stomach as taking too much of it can cause a stomach upset.
6. Fatty foods
Fatty foods such as cheese, dark chocolates, whole eggs, fatty fish, etc. are dangerous because they are harder to digest than many other types of food. This means that eating even a small amount of fatty foods are enough to cause a stomach upset sometimes.
7. Eating too much
This is also a major cause of stomach upset simply because your stomach can only digest a certain amount of food.
You must also be able to distinguish when you have a stomach infection and when you have Chron's disease as it is basically a chronic stomach upset. Chron's disease causes the whole digestive tract to be inflamed.
With the vast amount of available information, ranging from age-old wisdom to health magazines and health sites, most people are prone to misinformation when it comes to what to eat and what to avoid.
From drinking copious amounts of water to eating a light lunch, it is the time that these commonly known health tips are debunked.
These 3 habits that may seem healthy on the surface but are actually harming you!
1) Drinking large amounts of water
It is advisable to drink a healthy dose of water each day, but you should drink water only when you feel thirsty and not otherwise. If you drink water beyond your level of thirst, it can lead to excess water intake. This excessive intake can be the cause of conditions like obesity, skin and digestive problems among other health conditions. An average person consumes 8 glasses of water each day. But you are advised to drink that much, only if you are thirsty enough. It is also recommended not to drink cold water or ice-cold drinks.
2) Eating uncooked foods
It is essential to preserve the nutrients of the ingredients you eat, but it is equally important to make them digestible. Cooking involves subjecting the ingredients to heat, which helps to remove and kill certain impurities and bacteria in them. Cooked foods are easily broken down, and hence, digested with ease. Some vegetables and foods are even more beneficial when lightly cooked. Vegetables like Brussel sprouts, cabbage, broccoli, cauliflower, spinach, and kale should not be consumed raw.
3) Eating a light lunch
The ideology behind eating a light lunch may be to keep your weight in check and to stay healthy, but if the food you're having is not nutritious, it can still cause you to gain weight. Some food joints even offer a lunch menu of light proportions while the dinner menu may be packed with heavy amounts of food. This is wrong. It is advisable that people have larger proportions of food in their lunch while dinner should be meager as your digestion slows down as the day progresses.
Reducing fat is about working on excess weight that happens due to fat deposits in the body. Getting a toned look means maintaining lean muscle with a routine aimed at doing so. This will propel you towards healthy fat loss, by keeping your lean mass and immune system in order. Read on to learn how you can achieve fat loss in a healthy manner.
- Nutrition: Nutrition is the fuel that keeps the body going. From grains to carbohydrates to essentials fats, dairy, fibre, some amount of meat and even fruits and vegetables - you need to have a little bit of everything, every single day. This will give your lean muscle much-needed nourishment so that it helps in banishing fat and works harder to give you a toned look. Also, the metabolism works faster with these kinds of food.
- Processed Food: Processed food is usually fortified and preserved with salt and fat that defeats healthy eating and makes you gain pounds. You should try and stick to freshly prepared food. Make a menu and shop at the grocery store every week to stock up your for daily meals. Further, when you are looking for a snack, ensure that you reach out for a healthy salad or cut fruit. Also, try to make use of beverages like green tea and infused water that can be made at home with cucumber, mint leaves, watermelon, lemon and more, so that you can steer clear of various other carbonated and packaged drinks.
- Routine: Getting rid of fat is also a matter of getting into a good routine of meals, exercise and sleep. You should take smaller and more frequent meals - about five to six times a day - and limit your last meal to a few hours before bed time, so that your metabolism only has to process smaller chunks at a time. Also, try to alternate meals with activity and finally remember to get yourself at least six to seven hours of sleep a day.
- Exercise: We cannot stress enough on a work session a day to burn fat and give your metabolism a boost. Work with a trainer to find your problem areas and do focused exercises and sets.
- Burning fat the healthy way is a matter of eating right, sleeping well and exercising your body every single day! If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a General Physician.
Date Palms are the oldest cultivated trees majorly grown in the northern parts of Africa for over 10000 years.Based on the moisture content they hold, are sorted into three categories: Soft,semisoft and Dry.
Below are some Wonders of incorporating Dates in the Regular Diet:
Prevents the risk of developing Heart Ailments:Dates contain high levels of important mineral,Potassium ,which helps in maintaining electrolyte balance and helps in even contractions of heart muscles and nerve impulses.
Cancer Prevention: Polyphenols,Vitamin B6(Pyridoxine) along with Fiber present in Dates are known to provide protection against oxidation process of the healthy cells,hence reducing the impact of carcinogens(cancer producing cells.)
Helps in Maintaining Ideal blood pressure:- Dates are known to have fair amounts of calcium,zinc and manganesium ,which along with potassium help in striking normal blood pressure.It is considered beneficial to hypertensive patients.
The above benefits offered by Date palms makes them an ideal option for those who love to binge on sweets regularly, however they should be taken in supervision by a dietitian or nutrition expert ,as they are relatively high in sugar as well.Diabetics should consume them only, after the recommendation from a Diet expert.
1) pineapple - 1slice
2) eggs white - 3 boiled
3) avocado - 2 pieces
4) almond - 10 pieces
5) dried plum - 3 small
6) quinoa - 1/2 cup cooked
7) celery - 1/2 cup raw
8) turkey - 1 1/2 gram
9) grapefruit - 1/2 small
10) edamame - 1/2 cup cooked
So many queries regarding sexual functioning and that of so called failure in sexual performance.
Ehen we examine closely most of these problems are baseless and mostly are out of undue anxiety and performance anxiety.
Most of these questions are raised by males and role of female partner is underscored or not adressed.A good healthy relationship and an intimate partner can solve most of your problems if you are open to her and take care of her needs also.
Besides sexual satisfaction is one aspect of the whole relationship which involves love,care,sharing and intimacy .If all these are there most of the issues will be solved.
But there are large number of peole holding misconceptions and havepoor knowledge of sexual functioning which increses their anxiety which lead to performance issues. So try to be relaxed and learn petience to deal with such issues.
If you search for sugarcane juice benefits, you'll find that it has been attributed as a natural remedy to a score of problems. It's rich in antioxidants so it helps fights infections and boost the immunity. It's rich in iron, magnesium, calcium and other electrolytes so it's great for dehydration. It helps cure the common cold and other infections and also fight fever as it boosts the body's protein levels. Besides these, there are a few more great health benefits of sugarcane juice that you must learn about:
1. Sugarcane juice is a diuretic which means that it helps treat urinary tract infections, kidney stones and ensure proper functioning of the kidneys.
2. According to Ayurveda, sugarcane juice helps strengthen your liver and is thus suggested as a remedy for jaundice. Jaundice is a condition where you find yellow pigmentation of the skin and membrane due to elevated levels of a substance known as bilirubin in the bodily fluids and is triggered by poor functioning liver. What sugarcane juice does is replenish your body with proteins lost and nutrients that it needs to recover quickly.
3. An Energy Drink - Sugarcane juice is rich in the good kind of carbohydrates, protein, iron, potassium and other essential nutrients that make it the ideal energy drinks. Especially in the summer months, a glass of cold sugarcane juice and really life both your health and your depleting levels of energy. It builds up plasma and body fluids and helps counter dryness and fatigue.
4. Ayurveda also suggests that 'sugarcane juice exhibits laxative properties thereby improving bowel movement and relieving constipation' (Source: ayurhelp.com). Sugarcane juice also has alkaline properties which means it's good for treating acidity and stomach burns.
5. It has a low glycemic index (GI) so it comes highly recommended for diabetics. A study showed that drinking sugarcane juice did not alter the blood glucose levels of diabetics drastically but you should check with your doctor before you start to drink some of this yourself.
I want to increase my weight. I am very thin and slim. My weight is 40 kg. I am 17 year old. Pls help me to increase my weight. Give me proper diet. Pls help to increase at least 10-12 kg.
I am a fatty boy my weight increases upto 75 kg in 3 years because I eat junk foods but now I don't take any kind of junk foods so what can I do to loose my weight?
I am 51 year old, type -2 diabetic person for 5 years, loosing weight day by day .I take precaution for having healthy diet daily, and having some light meal after two hours. But my sugar does not control after precaution. I take medicine - diapride M2, & metformin daily trice time. Doctor warn me to have insulin in future. My body pain as I feel weakness, even pain in leg bone. I take calcium tab daily. My sugar is 200-300 after medicine. Pl suggest me as I am in depression.
I want to weight lose. What should I do? My weight is high now. My age is 17 yrs. And my weight is 72 kgs. I want to weight lose.
For those who are under the age of 35 and healthy, an annual checkup is not necessary, one every 2 to 3 years is fine. Even between 35-45 years if you continue to live a healthy lifestyle and face no medical problems, an annual medical checkup is not essential. But, for those who are above the age of 45, an annual checkup is recommended. The regular checkup will detect any medical issue, which can then be treated effectively. And as you know, early detection can help overcome even deadly diseases like cancer.
What should a checkup involve?
- Essentially a full body checkup starts with obtaining patient and family history to check for any genetic problems. Details on lifestyle habits and exercise routine are also recorded.
- It is followed by a thorough physical examination, which includes measuring blood pressure, checking eye and thyroid, reflex examination, chest examination etc.
- Sometimes depending on factors like the age and patient history a rectal examination may be done. For women, sometimes pap smear (test for cervical cancer) is also recommended.
- A blood test is generally also done. In case, the patient suffers from other problems related tests like Cholesterol, liver function tests, LDLs, HDLs etc. are done.
- The BMI (Body Mass Index) of the patient is taken to measure the weight. Nowadays a waist-hip ratio is generally taken as it offers a more accurate measure.
- After the examination and tests are complete, it is essential that you have a clear conversation with your doctor, and understand how your body is working currently. In case there is a medical problem, make sure that your doctor gives you details about its treatment and cure.
- Don't be afraid to ask questions in case you aren't clear about something. The doctor is there to help you lead a healthy and balanced life.
- It helps, if you conduct a self-examination of your body at regular intervals. Once a month, conduct a skin examination from head to toe for any abnormal spots, rashes or moles. Consult your doctor on the best way to go about it if necessary.
If you would like to schedule home sample pickup for book full body checkup, click here now.
While you may be controlling your portions and ensuring that your meals are healthy, the snacks in between the big meals may still be causing your body harm. The packets of chips that you may open will not only add calories, but other harmful chemicals as well.
There are other healthier options out there which you can use to replace it and still satisfy your cravings.
- Kurmura or puffed rice: A staple snack in many parts of India, kurmura comes in many varieties and mixtures that are quite popular. Some examples are jhalmuri, bhelpuri and others. While mixing it with other things such as farsan, nuts and chana are good, excessive use of oil or sweet spices may increase its calorific value. Thus refrain from these additions.
- Khakra: A great Indian snack that comes from Gujarat, this is a form of flatbread which can be consumed on its own or with chutneys. This is very low in fats and oil and is one of the tastiest snack alternatives around.
- Masala corn: Corn is considered to be a very healthy and nutritious snack on its own. However, you can add various types of masala or have a roast corn cob with salt and lime dressing, which is an already favoured snack all over India.
- Nuts: Assorted nuts such as almonds, peanuts, pistachios can be a very filling snack without the need for large quantities of it. However, don't consume too much of it as certain varieties do contain considerable amounts of fat and thus moderation is the key here.
- Soya sticks: A new entrant into the Indian market, soya sticks are baked and then laced with spices. Soya tends to have protein while not much fat and thus it can be a healthy as well as a tasty snack. Soya sticks are usually laced with various kinds of masala.
- Chickpeas or chana: This is another snack which can come in many forms such as roasted, boiled or even as a paste in the form of hummus. It contains a lot of protein but very little fat. Chickpeas can be had either on their own or mixed with nuts or other forms of mixture.
- Baked snacks: Various forms of snacks which are baked instead of fried can be a good alternative as well. Baked versions of potato chips and other snacks are increasingly available in stores across India.