Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Psychologists in India. You will find Psychologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Submit a review for Ms. Tanu RajputYour feedback matters!
From childhood onwards my neck is little bent and still somewhere I forgot to make it straight like while driving bike many people told me why your neck is not straight what to do with my neck? I am 20 year old boy.
1. Mental Stimulation
Just like we have to exercise the body, we also have to exercise the brain. Reading helps to keep the brain stimulated which can slow the progress of Alzheimer’s and Dementia. Doing puzzles and playing games like chess can be just as helpful as reading.
2. Relieve Stress
Reading is a huge stress reliever. A well-written book can sweep you away into another realm, which will allow your tensions to slip away so you can finally relax.
3. Gain Knowledge
Everything you read fills your head up with more knowledge. You never know what you might come in handy. The more you read the more knowledge you will have to tackle future challenges. The best part is no one can ever take knowledge away from you!
4. Memory and mood
I recently finished the book Wicked, by Gregory Maguire, and there was a lot to remember! Each chapter had new characters, towns, and events to follow. Reading will help improve your memory and every new memory you create forges new brain pathways, which strengthens existing ones. This will help assist your short-term memory and stabilize your mood.
5. Stay Focused
Every day we are pulled in a million different directions. The Internet certainly doesn’t help. I find myself working on schoolwork, checking my email, updating my Facebook, and listening to music all at the same time, while getting distracted by ads in my internet browser. Reading can help improve your focus and concentration. When you read a book, all of your attention is focused on what you are reading. Try reading for 15-20 minutes before work and see if you feel more focused throughout the day.
Having more exposure to well written books can improve your writing skills as well. In the same way we learn by watching others we can learn from reading a good book.
7. Free and Fun!
It’s free! Visit your local library or thrift store to find some good books to read. Libraries rotate their stock so you won’t run out of books to read. There are also many sites that will let you download free e-books. So there isn’t any reason not to start reading for fun!
Half the money and time spent on eating tobacco if spent on teeth will improve dental health drastically! Spare a thought!
Doctor I am 18 neither I smoke n I eat tobacco. Bt I am facing breathing problem i.e. Unable to take deep breath from last 1 n 1/2 months n last week I suffered from cold due to which I had to spit sputum as a result I feel somewhat relieved bt now no sputum comes out bt I still feel I am not able to take full oxygen in lungs due to which I feel irritated. N since when this breathing problem started, started to feel a light heaviness on the left chest area (at the end of ribs) when I fall on bed with body straight for sleeping this also causes more difficulty in breathing n when I bend on left or right side I feel no heaviness earlier it was not regular bt now I feel this heaviness regularly making me uncomfortable sometimes at the end of left ribs n sometimes in between the end of both ribs. The heaviness I like a light pressure. N I am having hypothyroid which I got tested 3 months ago n I took medication of it i.e. Thyrobless for 20 days. My exams r coming n I am unable to study becoz of the anxiety of some serious problem. What is the reason for heaviness n the problem of unable to take deep breath?
I am 60 years old. My problem is curiosity and negative thinking. If I dont get a call from my children, I immediately think negative and create tension for myself and keep worrying. Is there any remedy to come out from this prroblem?
Depression robs people of their energy, ability to focus and pleasure. It makes them lose the joy of doing anything. In advanced cases, people may also lose their will to live. Depression is caused by factors that are mostly psychological, although a few can be physical. Certain habits and ways of living also lead to depression.
Here are few habits you can avoid-
1) LACK OF EXERCISE - Being inactive affects your state of mind and can lead to a feeling of being depressed. If you are inactive, you also become lazy or tend to eat more, due to lack of anything better to do. This may be even more depressing.
SOLUTION: Exercise ensures your physical and mental well-being. Whenever you feel depressed, remember to exercise. Even a 20 minute brisk walking makes your brain produce the 'feel-good' chemicals, which keeps you active and in high spirits. If this not possible then just use the stairs instead of the lift, or take a few rounds of your block at whatever pace you can do. Remember to be regular in your efforts.
2) IMPROPER DIET: Having regular foods which are loaded with hydrogenated fats, refined sugars and processed foods increase blood sugar levels suddenly and then dip suddenly. Our bodies and minds become lethargic with such foods. These chemicals affect the limbic brain( emotional centre) directly, making us feel blue, irritated and fatigued.
SOLUTION: Eating healthy is not only good for your body but also your brain. Food stuffs that contain omega-3 fats are referred to as brain foods and lack of such foods makes you vulnerable to depression. Eat crap and you feel like crap! Since our bodies cannot manufacture omega-3 fats, it has to be sourced from foods such as coldwater fish and seafood. Eating whole grains, fibre, vegetables, fruits rich in carbs and plenty of water Eat healthy for a healthy mind.
3) POOR SLEEPING HABITS - If you constantly deprive yourself of sleep or oversleep, you create a situation that risks depression. Not getting the recommended 7-9 hours of sleep leaves you irritable, agitated or hyper vigilant. A person who hasn't slept enough cannot perform daily functions properly and may feel frustrated or begin to feel trapped. A sense of loss of control makes one feel depressed. Most people don't understand that just getting enough sleep can help in keeping depression at bay.
SOLUTION: Sleeping well has a restorative and rejuvenative action on the body and mind. The body repairs itself while sleeping, dreams are a way of expelling unwanted thoughts and emotions, people develop higher immunity when they sleep well, you have better cognitive functions. You will make sound decisions with fewer errors, concentrating and focussing will be easier. Tasks will seem easier and effortless. A good sleep leaves people feeling energised, happier and alert.
4) ISOLATION - the experience of being separated from others—may result from being physically removed from others, as when a person lives in a remote area, or it can result from the perception of being removed from a community, such as when a person feels socially or emotionally isolated from others. Social isolation is distinct from the experience of solitude, which is simply the state of being alone, usually by choice. Taking time to be alone can be a healthy, rejuvenating experience that allows us to reconnect with our own needs, goals, beliefs, values, and feelings. But when a person experiences too much solitude or feels socially isolated from others, he or she may develop feelings of loneliness, social anxiety, helplessness, or depression, among others.
SOLUTION: Having an active social life with real and genuine people whom you gel with and have common interests is like an elixir of life. It infuses a person with a sense of wellbeing, safety, security and belonging, which is so necessary for us humans. It forms social support not only in good times but also in tough times when we need help, support, suggestions and encouragement. Man is a social animal. A shared smile, a nod, a wink, laughter or story can go on a long way to make you feel uplifted.
5) RUMINATING - Dwelling on negative thoughts each day, sets you up for depression. Constantly thinking of failure, loss, rejection or past events is harmful. Ruminating about something you cannot change not only makes you depressed but also drives you insane. It fosters feelings of helplessness, worthlessness and hopelessness, which are so common in depression.
SOLUTION:There are practical ways of fighting this problem, like keeping yourself busy and distracted, or just using an outlet to channel the feelings out of your system. Have a satisfying hobby to fill up your free time. Taking care of a pet, social work also helps people feel good about themselves. Use logic and rational reasoning to combat negative thinking patterns. Seeing meaning in a loss is very helpful too. Look at the positive and brighter side of each situation. Using humour to lighten some tough situations help keep the mental and emotional balance from tipping. Counselling helps people to understand more about their limiting thinking styles and beliefs and help create and develop empowering, optimistic and helpful styles of thinking which can help the person achieve more and lead a more meaningful and satisfying life.
Dr. I want to know that a person how many time take cigarette in a days which is not harmful for his and how many disease created. From it.
I've a very bad memory issue. I can't even recall a word that I read just before few seconds. I really worried about my future, since i've completed graduation and soon going to do job. Also I'm preparing for competitive exams. What's the use if I prepared everything and can't recall anything. Please help me out in this regard.
I have got into a serious problem of memory loss so how to get rid of it, what kind of food should I eat, what kind of fruits and vegetables will be beneficial to overcome memory loss problem, how can I increase memory power.
I feel some pain on my chest middle portion and slight left side. When I stretch my chest then realize the pain mainly. I smoke daily only 2/3 ciggarates. And also bad habit of sleeping oppositely (chest is on the down side). What I do sir?
I lost somebody close last year and since then feel very depressed and prefer keeping to my self all the time please help me.
I am 29 years old female. I am suffering from social anxiety disorder since past many years. I recently read about bach flower remedies and it's effects on moods. Can anyone here please suggest me which of the remedy will be suitable for me.in how much dose and where will I get it in Mumbai.
Since last 4 days I am feeling sleepy. I am take 8-9 hours night instead of that I also for 3-4 hours in the afternoon it is happening since 4-5 days. Help me I am not able to concentrate on my studies.
I lost someone close last year and since then feel very depressed and preferred keeping to myself all the time. Please help me.
I suffered from depression one month ago but with the help of my family and my psychiatrist I came out of the depression now I am OK but I am fearing about my self that I am going to depression again. So please give me a good suggestion to prevent my depression. Really depression is dangerous I don't want to feel that again and again 5 years back also I suffered from depression and I tried to kill myself. My age is 19 years.
Hi doctors, I am 22 year old One of my friend not reply me on social media and also her mob is off. This thing leads me to uncomfortable. This is not 1st time. Whenever any of my close friend not reply me on time or I do not talk to them for more than 10-15 days I get uncomfortable. I have final semester exam from 21 May but I have no tension about that. I have tension about her only. How can I overcome from it? Plse help me.
Body dysmorphic disorder is a type of psychiatric disorder. It is when you cannot think about one or more defects or flaws in your appearance. These flaws are usually very minor and sometimes even unnoticeable. This is actually a much more serious disorder than many other people may think. This is because people with body dysmorphic disease may avoid many situations and also suffer from severe anxiety or shame. Here is everything you need to know about body dysmorphic disease.
Just like other psychiatric disorders, there is no known cause of body dysmorphic disease. However, there are a lot of factors, which increases your risk of developing it which include:
1. Brain disorders: Many people with abnormal brain chemistry disorders suffer from body dysmorphic disease.
2. Genes: People whose blood relatives have this disease or have obsessive compulsive disorder are more likely to develop this disorder as well.
3. Environment: Cultural and social influences are a major cause of body dysmorphic disorder as well.
There are, however a lot of symptoms of body dysmorphic disorder, most of which are psychological in nature. They include:
1. Having a preoccupation with a flaw in the body, which is very minor or perhaps even unnoticeable.
2. Beliefs that people are mocking you in relation to your flaw.
3. Being a perfectionist
It is also worth noting that this obsession can affect any part of the body and can also include several parts of the body or different parts of the body at different times. Here are the possible treatments of body dysmorphic disorder.
There are a variety of treatments, which a patient can opt for and a variety of methods of curing the problem. Here are the most common.
1. Cognitive behavioral therapy: This is when a therapist tries to stop you from thinking about the flaw that you have been focusing on way too much.
2. SSRI: SSRI stands for Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitors. They are given in cases, where body dysmorphic disorder is caused by problems related to the brain chemical serotonin.
3. Hospitalization: This is a severe measure, but may need to be taken if you are in danger of harming somebody or you cannot perform daily activities.