Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in London and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laparoscopic Treatment Procedures
Kidney Stones Treatment
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Accident Injuries Treatment
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Prostate Laser Surgery
Urinary Incontinence Surgery
Stem Cell Transplant
Post Induction Therapy
Post Induction Transplant
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Submit a review for Mr. Joe RobertYour feedback matters!
I have allergy of skin at the groin area since many years. How can I get rid of that and get a proper skin there?
I have a black skintone on my neck. How to improve my skintone without any aide effects? what are the treatments? how much it cost? can I improve my skin tone on my neck naturally. Please suggest me.
Hiii my age 23 nd height 5.5 nd weight 53 kg how to remove eyes dark circle please suggest me medicine thank you.
These days I noticed that my skin is getting dry and wrinkles also. I am 25 year old unmarried woman. Please do let me know how to get out of this. I feel like I am looking aged now.
I drink enough water and take enough food. I take 7-8 hours of sleep also. But my under eye still shows dark circles with clear distinct pigmentation from skin of other part of my face. What could be the reason and how can I reduce it?
His in age of 62 and his prostate size is enlarged instantly and the result is urine is not come without stripe n he don't want to ready to operate. Can it diagnose with medicine please help me for thi.
I have lot of body odour problem. What should I be doing . I am working person . I have to do household works as well as job works. Want to get something I can apply while bathing or after bathing.
How to remove blackheads permanently? After the age of 12, I got many black heads on my face and seriously I am fed up with this. I want to get it completely diagnosed.
Hi My wife aged 58 have stubborn blemishes one face. Five years and innumerable treatments of all types to regain natural color of skin have gone in vain.
I have small a layer of small pots on my face under eyes and upper side means you der eyebrows skin look blackish than my face my eye lid look so dark n dark circle s also around eyes what can I do ?
How to loose weight from 67 to 60. Also Pls help me regarding my breasts problem, as there is some milky discharge for 5-6 days only, not every month but alternatively. Its since one year. There itching also in d breast during this discharge. What tests could be done for it. Pls let me know.
Hi, I am 22 years old and I have lots of open pores on my face and suffer so much itching due to the. What should I do ? Please help.
1. The color of my body is white, but the face and hands exposed to sunlight is black. Kindly assist 2. On my face there are small black spheres, look like if I will press them with both thumbs, the stuff in it will come out.But I often failed , kindly assist ?
Doctor , I had chicken pox and it left me with gutters on face and black spots , can I clean it with laser or any other expensive instant treatments . And I have an accident scar which happened long back ,i want a clin clear face , wht can be done.
Hyperpigmentation is a relatively harmless condition, but can affect a person’s self-image and psyche. This skin condition is characterized by dark patches on the skin due to exposure to UV radiation or as a sign of aging. It is caused by an excessive production of melanin in the body. Hyperpigmentation affects people of all ages and with all skin types. However, fair-skinned people are at a higher risk of suffering from this condition than dark skinned people.
This condition can be treated in a number of ways including:
- Laser: Laser treatment for hyperpigmentation improves skin tone and boosts collagen production. With advancement in laser technology, scarring is no longer a very big risk with this form of treatment. Depending on the degree of hyperpigmentation argon or carbon dioxide lasers may be used in with short pulses or long pulses. Treatment can take anywhere between 30 to 45 minutes and is relatively pain free.
- Chemical peels: Chemical peels rid the skin of its top most layer and bring new cells to the surface. This gives the skin an even tone and eliminates dark spots and patchiness. A light salicylic acid or glycolic acid peel is ideal for hyperpigmentation treatment. This is often used in cases where the patient’s skin is resistant to over the counter topical treatment. The concentration of active ingredients in the peel depends on the skin tone. Mild skin discolouration and blotchiness can be treated with a superficial peel while age spots and freckles require a medium peel.
- Topical ointments: Topical ointments are usually the first form of treatment for hyperpigmentation. Hydroquinone or retinol are the most commonly prescribed ointments. Broad spectrum sunscreen that offers protection against UVA and UVB rays can also help prevent further sun damage and dark spots. Skin lightening creams with soy or niacinamide as active ingredients also help brighten skin tones.
Apart from these forms of treatment, there are also a number of home remedies for this condition. Some of these home remedies are:
- Rubbing a freshly sliced or the juice of a grated potato on the skin
- Applying a combination of cucumber and lemon juice on the skin
- A grated papaya face mask
- Soak almonds in milk overnight and then skin them and puree with the milk. Apply this mixture on the affected areas.
- A mask of guava and banana pulp
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.