Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
We have been married for 3 years ago we don't have any child but we use to have sex 3 times a week. Last couple of days my wife body is getting over heated/warm her age is 27 yrs. If I touch her I am feeling warm, could I know what is it happening to her, need medication please.
The test of whole abdomen ultrasound tell about the pregnancy or not? If I want to check my pregnancy then go for whole abdomen ultrasound?
Is urine infection is the reason I am not getting pregnant please guide I wanna conceive asap its been 5 months I am married.
I was supposed to get my period on 27th and usually get them one week ago. Since two three days am feeling very lazy and today morning I experienced little cramp followed by discharge of liquid followed by a thick piece discharge after peeing as it happens in normal period. Does this mean that I got my period and am not pregnant? I thought I would get it checked after a week of my due date whether I am pregnant or not. Pls help.
My periods are irregular because of that my tummy fat is increased nd I am becoming fat last month it came on 10th april this month it has not came.
It has not been 20 weeks its just 18 weeks, please tell me how can I abort with medical pills. Please don't advice me to continue.
Ask any woman who had a baby in the last one year, as to what was one of her major complaints post pregnancy and the answer would be “stretch marks.” And, if you think of the belly as the only affected area, you are wrong! Even the breasts, calves and arms are affected.
The skin stretches beyond its limits in a short period of time and so these stretch marks appear. It is more common with women who have had excessive weight gain and with multiple babies. It is also hereditary and women with oily skin are less likely to have them. Also, women who regularly apply moisturizer have fewer stretch marks. However, there definitely are ways to both avoid and reduce the stretch marks.
Prevention is definitely more effective.
- Stretch mark creams can be used from day one of pregnancy, which can help reduce the formation of these marks.
- A good cream could also help eliminate existing stretch marks from earlier pregnancies, in addition to preventing new ones from forming.
- It is best to use the cream both during day and night after a warm shower. This will help the skin to absorb the cream optimally, making it more effective.
- Preventive lotions have a combination of cocoa butter, shea butter, honey, aloe vera and various oils including almond, castor, olive, vitamin E, and other essential oils. Each of them has their own effective way to control stretch marks.
- Other preventive measures include exercise, exfoliation using a scrubber and eating a diet which is low in zinc.
But treatment is the solution if prevention is not possible.
- Soon after pregnancy, try and use creams that contain cocoa butter, glycolic acid, various oils like almond, vitamin E, castor, and olive which will help manage the stretch marks.
- A good massage using these oils has proved to be one of the best ways to manage stretch marks on the belly and breasts.
- There are various on-the-shelf products nowadays for treating these marks, but use the one prescribed by your doctor. The way these chemicals get absorbed and excreted may not be clear to you and if you are breast-feeding, it is safer to consult a doctor before using such items.
- In addition to the creams, exercise and sufficient hydration are also essential to help stretch marks disappear.
- Laser surgery is another option which can do any of these 3 things – produce pigments in the lighter areas, improve collagen production in the depressed areas, or reduce the color of the darker areas in a stretch mark. Though offered widely, this is best avoided given the side effects.
Stretch marks are an integral part of pregnancy and it is best to let nature run its course after doing everything to prevent it or treating it safely.
Nilima is 15 yrs. Old. Has mensuration problem. About 2/ to 3 months she has no period. Because of this hers body is aching. With light temperature. She seems very weak and lethargic. Refer some home remedy thanks.
I have a black spot on my face both chick. My hb is medium to low. Sometimes before 3 days of monthly period I am very tired and pain in my head. Please give me solutions of this problem.
I am 27 yrs. Old I got married 6 months back. I got regular periods but this month it was late by 4 days and stays only for 2 days and very less flow. Now I am feeling heaviness, pressure and little pain in lower abdomen. Plzz. Help me out why this happens.
I had my mensus on dec 28th aftr that i din get my mensus again so that as per d doctor's sugestion i tuk regestron from 17th to 20th twice a day 3 days over bt stil i din get my mensus yet bt i hav slight bck pain n stomach pain. Kindly answer my question and reduce my stress 4 nt gtng mensus still.
The Three levels of Pregnancy Induced Hypertension include:
1. Only high blood pressure
2. High blood pressure and protein in urine or swelling
3. High blood pressure, protein in urine, convulsions and swelling
Common Symptoms of Preeclampsia
The main symptoms that occur are:
1. Blurred vision
2. Upper right Abdominal Pain
4. Swelling in the Face and Hands
5. Infrequent Urination
6. Rapid weight gain
The methods that are used to test Pregnancy Induced Hypertension
1. Cold pressor test
2. Rollover test
3. Isometric handgrip tests
These tests are carried out in pregnant women during their 29th to 31st week of pregnancy. These Pregnancy Induced Hypertension tests when proved positive and the diastolic rise in pressure was found to be about 20 mmHg. The pressure observed was not more than 140/90 in women in any case of two consecutive occasions. These results specify that not any of these trouble free physiologic tests are of any application as a predictor of Pregnancy Induced Hypertension.
Preeclampsia occurs in women with a history of hypertension in parents, high proteinuria, BMI or Body Mass Index and family history of diabetes. It is by using a partial set of maternal characteristics that pregnant women are at an increased risk of developing Pregnancy Induced Hypertension.
The cure for this condition-preeclampsia is delivery and in many cases, doctors insist their patients go for a caesarian section. Sometimes the Doctors suggest for an early delivery as it includes an additional threat of loss to the mother to be due to prematurity.
The inflammatory disorder is characterized by anti-angiogenic protein in high levels and soluble forms like tyrosine kinase in the maternal circulation. It is very important that pregnant women adopt the process of self evaluation to safeguard from risk of high blood pressure. They must monitor their blood pressure from time to time as it would empower them to care for their pregnancy and reduce the chances of complications during pregnancy.
Never had a delay in periods. Last time I had sex on 23rd December 2015 with my husband. Then got my periods on 28th December 2015. No periods till 8th Feb today. Pregnancy test negative till 5th Feb 2016. Please suggest. Started gym and proper food diet reduced 2 kgs from Jan 5th til today. Please advise.
I am 23 year old and 3 months back I gave birth to a beautiful girl child. Now time to decide the best possible option for preventing pregnancy for at least 3 years. In past I have suffered with white discharge and vagina infections too many times. Can you help me to choose the safest option. Will coper t kind of thing will increase the chance of vagina infection.
How can I know my vagina is long? because he feels my vagina is deep because he is not able to feel sucked in the vagina. please help.
1. Good for the heart: Running puts some amount of stress on your heart muscles but does not seem to reduce the chances of premature death; whereas walking at a brisk pace puts less stress on the heart and considerably reduces the risk of premature death. Running may also cause inflammation in the muscles of the heart and increases free radicals in the body.
2. Increases immunity: Walking has a beneficial effect on the immune system of the body vis-agrave;-vis running. Running may induce conditions in the body which allow various bacterial infections like cold to foster. You end up falling sick more often if you run.
3. Helps in weight loss: Walking is a steady state exercise resulting in moderate levels of heart rate. Moderate heart rate sustained for 45-60 minutes is advised to lose fat. Running tends to raise the heart rate to drastic levels which cannot be sustained for long, thus leading to reduced fat loss.
4. Less stress on the joints: Running is a vigorous activity that places a lot of stress on the knee joints and the lower back. If you have conditions, such as osteoarthritis and lower back pain, then running is a strict no for you. It is recommended to walk at a brisk pace for an hour every day for maximum benefits.
5. Walking can be done anywhere: You can take a walk inside your office premises or even walk back to your home after work due to the light nature of the exercise. Running or jogging may require proper gear and may not be suitable for all places.