Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Tanzim QamarYour feedback matters!
Hi doctor my age is 23 I have 1 girl baby she is 2years 2months. My height is 5.1 weight is 65kg. I have suddenly knee pain most of the time evening and night half day is there I can't sleep I can't sit that time doctor suggested do blood test uric acid today result also came 7.4 is there uric acid any problem for future pregnancy please tell me I'm taking weight loss capsule fatnile and nutrislim+ powder and capsule so please tell me.
Hi, Mera ek dant kharab hogaya hai aur bohot dard v ho raha hai aur mai pregnant v hu 5 months se. Kya kru? Please advise.
Hello im madhavi, im 29 years old. It has been 6years got married. I had a miscarriage last years 2015 march. My periods are regular my last period feb 12/16 and I missed my period in march it has been 18 days now, pregnancy test is negative, my Dr. advice me to take modus twice a day, asked me to wait for 5 days. Im I pregnant or not. Should wait for few more days. Im confused. please help me.
Hi .i have 10 months old baby. My wife drunk non alcohol beer. Is there any any problems for baby because breast feeding.
Me and my girlfriend had unprotected sex after the 10 days of her periods but immediately an hour after she took emergency contraceptive pill. Can she get pregnant?
I did unprotected sex on 11 th April it's my period date also but that day my period didn't come nd my period late by 6 day means came in 17 April nd I did pregnancy test on 13 April nd that was negative nd after that on next month my period again late by 10 days means my period came on 28 may pls tell me why my period getting late. Or is any chances of pregnancy pls clearly this I am so worried about this.
Mam and also I had gone for depression many times in this month regarding my job n family pblms may be that is the reason for my missing period I think and em in dilemma if bcoz my boy friend ejected his sperms on dress. I. E my pant. Plzzz guide me mam em very much disappointed and getting irritated for missing my periods?
Pregnancy is the most exciting period of a woman's life and has unique challenges. There are numerous well wishers - family members, friends, relatives- giving you free advice as what to do and what not to do for having a healthy baby. Many of these advices are just myths.
Following is a list of common myths and actual realities. It is best to follow your doctor's advice and not believe in myths:
- Your belly shape tells the gender of the baby: One of the most common myths during pregnancy is the shape of a woman's belly. If a woman is carrying high, it is a girl and if she is carrying low it is a boy. The fact behind this is the shape of a woman's belly during pregnancy depends upon her muscle size, tone, amount of fat deposited around her abdomen and also on the position of the baby.
- Your food cravings tell the gender of the baby: Craving for sweet food means it will be a girl and craving for salty food means you will be having a boy. According to literature food cravings have nothing to do with determining the sex of a baby.
- Eating more is needed for pregnancy: Another common myth is that pregnant mother must eat for two. Calorie requirements increase during pregnancy. Pregnant women require about 350kcals more to ensure that the baby is healthy. Eating a balanced diet during pregnancy rather than eating for two is required to fulfil the demands in pregnancy.
- Exercise will harm my baby : Exercises in pregnancy should be started after consulting your doctor and should be performed under a trained professional. Being fit improves your stamina and prepares you for the strenuous process of labour & delivery. Swimming, yoga, moderate amount of exercise, brisk walk are recommended during pregnancy, but should only be practiced after consulting with doctor.
- Sleeping on your back harms the baby: Sleeping on your back will not harm your baby, but you will feel better if you sleep on your left side. Sleeping on your left side actually increases blood flow to your body.
- Eating papaya increases chances of miscarriage: Raw papaya is suspected to be abortifacient. It contains chymopapain which is supposed to induce early labour. Ripe form of Papaya is a good source of vitamin A and is safe during pregnancy.
- Eating Saffron in milk affects the skin tone of the body: Remember skin colour depends upon the genes and food items have nothing to do with skin colour. Saffron has high nutritious content due to presence of Thiamine and Riboflavin. Because of its nutritional value it can be taken in pregnancy in very small doses.
Hi doctor I'm 4 months pregnant I and my husband had sex tonight he just inserted for 5 minutes and back is their any problem please help wil it affect me and my baby.
I had last year 2 continuous abortions. Know am agin got pregnancy what precautions should I take to be safe.
My periods is not regular. It comes after 2-3 month. N also my period session is very painful in first 2-3 days.
Symptoms and Treatments for Uterine Bleeding
I’m Dr. Sharda Jain, Director of Life Care Centre. I’m going to talk today about uterine bleeding.
Uterine bleeding is a very common problem. Every fifth woman after she starts having periods is troubled because of altered heavy bleeding pattern. Now, if she is less than 20 years then, in that particular case, if the cycle is coming less in 21 days and she is bleeding for more than five days and if she does see passage of clots she should, you should not delay it because her haemoglobin is going to dropped out, her studies are going to get suffered, so, please see gynaecologist as early as possible.
Between 20 to 40 years, this time, the bleeding is usually related to pregnancy because these people are married and anytime in case if there is a lapse in using a contraceptive, effective contraception then, in that particular case it is all related to pregnancy. After your doctor’s visit and examination a trans-vaginal sonography is done and we find out what is the cause and the treatment is done early.
After 40 years, when the woman has got problems, we have to be worried about it, because at that particular time the chance is we think that they can be uterine malignancy or it can be genital malignancy. Again, it is a very simple procedure.
After doctor’s examination, after an ultrasound, opsis, endometrial biopsy is done and that sorts out everything. So, the diagnosis right on the day 1 is done in 90 percent of cases at the end of 48 hours, you find you have a full diagnosis. Sometime the bleeding comes after the stoppage of period that is after menopause and that time we view it just like that it can be, it is cancer unless proved otherwise.
Again, we have to be aggressive here, along with ultrasound, along with endometrial biopsy, hysteroscopy is also done at that particular stage and then we want to find out that there is no underlying malignancy.
Do not ignore the bleeding problem in your wife, in your daughter, in your daughter-in-law.
Seek the doctor’s help early.
You can visit us on the site of Lybrate.