Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Sweta SareenYour feedback matters!
Childbirth can be an extremely blissful and enriching experience if the proper do's and don'ts are strictly adhered to. The birth of a child can be comparable to a landmark experience in the life of a woman. Therefore, it is imperative to cater to the needs of one’s well-being in order to keep the body in optimal shape and health.
Some handy pre-childbirth tips should include:
Things might not go exactly the way you’ve planned. You need not panic if all the points in your “ideal childbirth manual” have not been ticked off. Minor things can go wrong here and there. Keeping calm and ardently following your doctor’s advice is the key.
It WILL be painful, but that pain will be worth it after you get to hold your new born for the very first time in your hands. Even if you have to go for an epidural, the resulting experience will change your life for the better, that’s a certainty.
The whole process might take a very long time. Don’t panic. Remember, it will be a test of your endurance and patience.
Your body will experience numerous changes over the 9 months of your pregnancy. Starting from sudden midnight cravings to gaining pounds to experiencing tremendous hormonal imbalances– you might have to bear the brunt of all these. Prepare yourself accordingly. Again, just to reiterate, all of it will be worth every ounce of energy in your body.
The space might feel cluttered because of the poop that may lie scattered. This is because, during labour, the same muscles are responsible for pushing the baby out which are usually involved with your regular bowel movement. Being mentally prepared is the key.
And lastly, live the joyride that pregnancy can be.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
I have a baby of 4 years, he has A+ blood group & I am AB-. My husband is O+. Is there any problem is 2nd baby.
I am suffering from periods irregularity. What should I do? Alternative month wise periods are coming. How can I Overcome.
keep yourself healthy by following these tips:-
1. Breakfast- breakfast means break the fast. They provide the body and brain with fuel after an overnight fast.
Without breakfast you are effectively running on empty like trying to start the car without petrol.
Breakfast should be eaten within two hours of waking.
Breakfast foods are good source of important nutrients such as calcium, iron and vit-b as well as protein and fibre.
Breakfast also restores glucose level, an essential carbohydrate that is needed for the brain to function.
Many studies have shown that eating breakfast can improve memory and concentration.
Eating breakfast has long term health benefits. It can reduces obesity, high b. P, heart disease and diabetes.
Some breakfast items:-
Cereals and bread, eggs, milk, upma, idli, dosa, poha, cornflakes, fruit/fruit juices, sprouts, etc.
2. Fruits:- fruits are good source of vitamins and minerals so try to introduce, a portion of your daily diet.
These are essential for the proper functioning of the body rich in dietary fibres.
It also helps to improve the function of digestive tract.
Those who want to loose weight; fruits is an important healthy diet.
Fruit help you to stay away from health complications like stroke, high b. P, cancer, heart problem, diabetes.
Fruit effectively fight skin disorders and promote healthy hair growth.
Suggested to eat row.
3. Physical activity:- regular physical activity improves strength and endurance, helps build healthy bones and muscles, helps control weight. Reduces anxiety and stress, increases self esteem and may improve blood pressure and cholesterol levels.
It should be done 60 mins or more of physical activity daily.
4. Brushing;- brushing is important to remove bacteria and freshen breath.
They are an important part in preventing gum disease and reducing your risk of tooth loss and dental problems.
Only 2 mins brushing twice a day can not only save your teeth and keep your smile looking beautiful it can also literally save your life.
5. Washing hands:-
Washing your hands correctly is the most important thing. I protect against a number of infectious diseases such as influenza, common cold.
Proper methods of hand washing:-wash your hand with soap and water for at least 20 sec ds.
Wash the front and back of your hands as well as between your fingers and under nails.
Rinse your hand well under warm running water using rubbing motion.
Don’t use a common hand towel.
6. Benefits of sleep:- sleep makes you feel better, but its importance goes way beyond just boosting your mood or banishing under eye circles.
Adequate sleep is a key part of a healthy lifestyle. Can benefits your heart, weight, mind and more.
Sleep plays a critical role in immune functions, metabolism, memory, learning, and other vital functions.
We should take 6-8 hrs of sleep daily.
In winters especially in north india one must take care of skin health due to excessive chills.
Apply vaseline or nariyal oil over exposed skin and especially ears, face, palm, feet etc.
HI I am 28 years old tomm I arise with a new prbm. My problem is I gt a red discharge. My periods are over 15 days back. What should I do?
After having intercourse. If da girl bleeds without pain. And her periods is due. The other day. But she didn't had periods. The blood after having intercourse was there and in da morning she noticed dried mucus with few stains of blood. But now no possible signs of blood neither any periods. What does this mean. Should we wait for her periods or consult any doctor. Please help.
I am 9 weeks pregnant 24 year old my hba1c is 5.6 am called diabetic or how to manage with medicine or diet what I have to do .I am worried fbs and pp bs are normal.
I want to ask questions regarding my wife we were trying for pregnancy since last 2 months but the result is again periods we consult with doctor she do some scan and test and said there is lack of hormone and give some tablets for seven days again she call for visit and I asked for tablets to support pregnancy. So I just want to know this is normal or serious problem in my wife or I am working in gulf I have to go in next. So I have only 1 month with my wife is it possible to make her pregnancy in upcoming month. Pls. Suggest me Thanks in advance.
Sir, my wife age 29 years. This month menses had to be come 10- 12 days late from. Due date after that near about after 15 days once again menses has come. What should we do kindly suggest me and treatment.
My daughtier is 9+, three month back she face first period, her period is continue for 7-8 days, and two time in this month also. Please advice.
Do you love chewing gum? You love popping it and get a kick when chewing gum with friends. You think it’s a style statement and a cool thing to do. Above all, you think it’s only for fun and is harmless! Well, this article may be an eye opener for you. Here are some facts about chewing gum that can change your thinking.
- Chewing gum has been a favourite snack for millions of people, especially children and adolescents. Besides the sweetness, people like it for its flavour. Many people also use it as a replacement for a food craving. One fact that refrained many from consuming chewing gums was that it was loaded with sugar. However, with ever-growing awareness about consumption of sweetened products, the companies have now started offering sugar-free gum to health-conscious people which are made using artificial sweeteners.
- The artificial sweetener most commonly used in chewing gums is aspartame whose components metabolizes into wood alcohol and formaldehyde in the body. Both have carcinogenic properties and the body is unable to eliminate them through normal waste. These have been linked to cancers, birth defects and weight gain.
- Some tooth whitening gums contain an ingredient called Titanium Dioxide. This gives the chewing gum its glossy white color. It is a dangerous compound linked to many disorders including auto immune disorders, crohn’s disease, asthma and cancer.
- Gastrointestinal problems are quite common among chewing gum consumers. The symptoms include pain and cramps in abdomen, indigestion and diarrhea. Irritable bowel syndrome has been found to be associated with chewing gum eaters as chewing gum can lead to swallowing of excess air and changing of bowel habits.
- Dentists strongly recommend staying away from chewing gum habit, as it can be a cause of tooth decay. Chewing gum may also release mercury from Dental fillings into the system causing host of problems.
- Recent research has established a link between eating chewing gum and headache and migraines. It is believed that chewing gum puts an undue pressure on temporomandibular joint causing headaches. It can also lead to pain and lack of mobility in the jaw, causing an inability to chew meals. This is called temporomandibular joint disorder and is commonly found among chewing gum lovers.
- A chewing gum base is made from a combination of chemicals and non-edible substances. We generally chew it for flavour and throw the rest. However, the compounds do get stuck to the linings of the mouth and enter our system. A chewing gum adds no nutritive value and diminishes a person’s ability to chew and eat normally. For its far-reaching side effects, this habit is a big no to keep. Stay safe! If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.