Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Surbhi GuptaYour feedback matters!
My friend had done sex on 29 june . Does she pregnant or not ? What symptoms are shown if she is pregnant ? What should she do if she want to do an abortion ?
I had been detected with TB in my uterus 5 months back when my periods were v scanty and since then I am under medication I had been taken akt4 for 3 months and then started taking akt3. I got my periods today but the flow is not Much. I've got my thyroid test also and the results are normal. I am really worried will I be able to conceive.
My wife aged 49 years (under menopause) suffering with urticaria (skin allergy) for the last 12 years so far taken allegra 180 1bd stemin fort 1bd. During course of stemin she is alright but after stopped stemin again suffering with severe skin rashes and itching. Would you kindly suggest suitable remedy and medicines as recently she got diabetes and hypertension.
Hi. I had used pregout kit in march and again I used it in this month i. E. May. Is it safe if I use it two times. Is birth control loop safe. Are there any sideeffects. Please clarify me.
I dint get my periods since one month. My last periods was on February 15 and I took postpone 72 that is ecp on 27 of February. It's April and I dint get my periods.
Is brufen 400 tablet safe while breastfeeding. If not suggest another medicine for breast inflammation, pain.
My wife is pregnant and she is feeling pain in breasts and it has become hard is any treatment to be done.
Severe abdominal pain occurs during menstruation. Why it occurs? And what to be done to control it? After taking Meftal -spas also I don't feel any difference.
Hii I am 30 years old we are trying for a baby .but doctor told reduce weight .my height 5.1 weight 71 kg .my question is recently I heard green coffee may reduce the very fastly. Every day I doing Aerobics also but my weight is very slowly reducing . Please suggest me can drink green coffee or not but how can I reduce my weight. Thank you.
There is a friend of mine who is suffering from leucohorrea and recently she has seen some blackness on the sides of her vagina. She is worried as to what it is and wants treatment which can remove that and reduce leucohorrea?
For small penis:
For increasing penis size, following treatments are available.
1. Use vacuum pump.
2. Penile jelquing device.
3. Penile weights.
4. Penile traction
5. Penile lengthening oil.
6. Penile platelet rich plasma injection.
7. Low energy shock wave therapy.
8. Acupuncture therapy.
9. Hydro pnemo therapy.
10. Penile massage therapy.
11. Venous ligation surgery.
12. Penile lengthening silicon sleeve implant in surgery
11. Take nutritious and healthy diet -avoid fast food, junk food, spicy and oily food.
13. Flatten your abdominal wall - do abdominal crunches, leg raises, push ups 20 times each daily.
14. Reduce your weight if you are obese.
Dr C Sharath Kumar.
Mbbs, ms, drcog,
Super specialist in male and female fertility.
Cancer is an uncontrolled proliferation of transformed cells in any part of the body. Neoplasm or tumor are used variably to describe any swelling or new growth. Benign growths don't have the potential to spread to other organs or parts of the body while malignancy or malignant growths have uncontrolled proliferation and metastatic potential. Transformation is a multistep process with genetic alterations by which normal cells acquire malignant potential, uncontrolled proliferation capacity and capacity to spread to other parts of the body (metastasis) worldwide cancer is responsible for 1 in 8 deaths. Most common cancers are:
Men: oral cancer (in India), prostate, lung
Women: breast, cervix and endometrium, colorectal, lung
What causes cancer? cancer is usually multifactorial
1. Age- more in age group greater than 60 yrs compared to younger age group
2. Obesity- body mass index greater than 30
3. Tobacco - cigarette, cigar, bidi, hookah, smokeless tobacco like gutka, zarda etc. There is no safe form of tobacco.
4. Pan masala and supari
6. Ultraviolet rays exposure
7. Radiation exposure
8. Genetic factors
9. Others- pollution, certain chemicals, infections
Prevention of cancer:
1. Stay away from tobacco products
2. Eat healthy and daily physical activity- fresh fruits and vegetable are good, maintain optimal body weight
3. Be safe in sun
4. Cancer awareness and early detection: alarming signs are (caution)-
- Change in bowel or bladder habits
- A sore that will not heal
- Unusual discharge or bleeding
- Thickening or lump in the breast, testicles or elsewhere
- Indigestion or difficulty swallowing
- Obvious change in a wart or mole
- A nagging cough or hoarseness
5. Cancer screening: screening is for healthy individuals with education. Rather than going for unnecessary blind tests, a programme for screening should be planned in consultation with your oncologist as requirements are different for different cancers and differ as per age groups and gender. Also, screening is not effective in all cancers. Cancer education and awareness have due importance. Some cancers in which screening has been shown to be effective includes breast, colon, rectum, cervix, prostate, lung in high-risk groups but as mentioned earlier it is planned with participation of both individual and oncologist.
Types of cancer treatment:
Cancer treatment is now a multidisciplinary management in which different surgical, medical and radiation oncologist plan treatment protocol for best possible chances of cure. Advancement in all these fields and their contribution in comprehensive management results in 25-30% improvement in cure rate over previous decades.
- Surgery: involves surgical principles to remove the tumor with adequate margins and possible draining lymph nodes regions. Improvements and understanding of surgical principles even make resection of distant disease or cure of stage iv disease in some selected cases.
- Chemotherapy: cytotoxic drugs are given either in injectable or oral forms which acts on uncontrolled cancer cells. Advances in this fields result in drugs with better efficacy and less side effect profile and at the same time resulting in better cancer control. Targetted therapy acts on specific pathways of cancer growth. Hormone therapy targets specific hormone receptors for controlling cancer.
- Radiation therapy: is the delivery of radiation generated by radioactive source over the region of cancer. More and more advances in radiation technologists are emerging like imrt, sbrt to focus radiation over the specific location so as to avoid toxic effect over surrounding area.
Hello Doctor, my brother's blood group is O + and his marriage girl's blood group is also O +, I want to know, if marriage takes place, then is their any problem for baby?
I am 22 years old. I am having irregular menstrual flow my weight is 95? What should I do for getting regular menstruation? Does it affect hair loss and skin problems.
My Dad is 80 years old & has previously gone through Prostrate surgery. Since last 2 weeks he is passing blood /blood clots through Urine. Was admitted to hospital and was fine but back home it's recurring. Homeopathic medicines helped for 2 days only. He has constipation problems. Now it's better but continues to pass blood/clots sometimes. Cystoscopy revealed clots on urinary bladder which was cleaned. CT Scan / USG haven't revealed anything. Please suggest something. Could these be symptoms of Bladder cancer?
What r the treatment to deny unwanted pregnancy except abortion. When it been around 52 days after periods. Last period is on 14 nov and tdy is 3 jan Bt pregnancy test is negative. Plzzz reply fast.
Also known as sexual climax, orgasm is the sudden ejection of stored sexual excitement during the process of having sex. It involves the rhythmic flexing of the muscles near the pelvic area resulting in an immensely pleasurable experience. Considered an involuntary action, it is experienced by both men and women, though they occur due to different circumstances.
While the sexual stimulation of the penis is responsible for orgasm in males, it is the stimulation of the clitoris that causes the same in women. In both the sexes the body undergoes certain changes during orgasm.
Few of them are:
- Effect on genitals: Though orgasm results in a pleasurable experience in both men and women, their genitals do not react in a similar way. Women experience a heady rush as the blood flow to the clitoris and vagina. Subsequently, the vagina secretes lubricants and increases in size. On the other hand, men experience a feeling of contraction and throbbing in their penis and prostate region. Despite the differences, the genitals in the cases release powerful sexual energy during orgasm.
- Increase in blood rate and rapid breathing: This condition is common to both men and women. Due to the dilation of the blood vessels, both the sex experience an increase in heart rate, contraction of muscles and rapid breathing during orgasm.
- Release of hormones: During orgasm, there is an excessive discharge of oxytocin in both men and women. When this hormone floods the brain, it creates feelings of intimacy and a sense of warm bond. However, in males another hormone called testosterone is released which operates as a counter to the effects of oxytocin.
- Effects on brain during orgasm: The brain of men and women operate differently. The periaqueductal gray also known as PAG, an area responsible to control fights, is activated in women. At the same time, women also experience a sudden decrease in apprehension and fear. However, the same does not happen in the case of men.
- Stimulation of nerve endings: During orgasm, millions of nerve endings on the penis, vaginal opening, testes and clitoris are triggered and stimulated. This consequently produces the feeling of an arousal.