Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Sumiti Mehta DixitYour feedback matters!
Hi doctor. I'm 14.5 weeks pregnant. Yesterday got sonography n report says that cervical length is 3.2cm. Pls tell me detail abt this n is this a serious issue n wht precaution n care I should take.
If periods come in a week before having unprotected sex then what it mean girl can be pregnant or not and what is the best time for pregnancy test.
Meri marriage ko abhi 2 months huye hai starting main my husband has very good potential and had very high feeling but from few days he says I am in not mood unko feeling hi nhi aa rahi nd his penis does not erect even I seduced him if its erect it will suddenly loose its erectness he feel tired, lazy, legs pain, body ache, back pain, sleeping all time is this any problem.
The condition occurs when white blood cells attack the cells in hair follicles, causing them to shrink and dramatically slow down hair production. It is unknown precisely what causes the body's immune system to target hair follicles in this way.
While scientists are unsure why these changes occur, it seems that genetics are involved as alopecia areata is more likely to occur in a person who has a close family member with the disease. One in five people with the disease has a family member who has also developed alopecia areata.
Other research has found that many people with a family history of alopecia areata also have a personal or family history of other autoimmune disorders, such as atopy (a disorder characterized by a tendency to be "hyperallergicThyroiditis,Vitiligo .Despite what many people think, there is very little scientific evidence to support the view that alopecia areata is caused by stress. Extreme cases of stress could potentially trigger the condition, but most recent research points toward a genetic cause.
My wife give birth a baby on 31/03/2017 by Operation (scissors) this year after 3 months 20/06/17 was last MC of my wife she get pregnant please give us advice and also mybaby expired on 27/06/17 due to hole in heart.
Oral Health Complications During Pregnancy
Recent findings have reported that oral bacteria and their by-products can possibly pass the placental barrier keeping oral health at prime importance during pregnancy. An awareness related to oral health during pregnancy cannot be neglected or avoided in order to minimize the complications.
This article focuses on few points related to the necessity of oral health during pregnancy.
Pregnancy comes with many responsibilities making expecting mothers more concerned about their health. However, many pregnant women may not be aware of oral health and its effect on the developing child. Negligence of oral health is quite common during pregnancy due to lack of alertness of oral hygiene and its effect on systemic health.
Moreover, pregnancy discomforts like frequent bouts of nausea, increased physical demands, weight gain or certain dental problems like pregnancy gingivitis or inflammation of gums may be dangerous to developing fetus.
Risk of oral problems during pregnancy:-
Few common oral problems associated with pregnancy are as follows.
Hormonal changes during pregnancy leads to pregnancy gingivitis. It is a condition of bleeding gums, redness. Moreover inflammation, swelling and tenderness are also observed. Ignorance of such problems may lead to serious gum disease. Frequent cleaning can avoid such dental issues. Progesterone levels are elevated during pregnancy which stimulates the production of prostaglandins and leads to inflammation of blood vessels in gums.
Diet during pregnancy is of high importance. It is designed to nourish both mother and unborn baby. Diet rich in carbohydrates actually increases the risk of tooth decay. The morning sickness increases acid secretion in the mouth which is harmful to enamel.
Overgrowth of tissue on gums in pregnant women are called as pregnancy tumors. They are noncancerous and generally observed in the second trimester of the gestation period. It is nothing but swollen gums between teeth. The bleeding and reddening of gums observed in such conditions.
Periodontal disease and preterm birth:
Untreated gum disease or periodontal problems can development periodontitis characterized by inflammation and infection of the gums and supporting structures of the teeth.
This ultimately leads to loss of supporting material and finally the teeth themselves.
A study result has revealed that there is a relation between preterm birth and presence of gum diseases in the pregnant women. The reason is not yet known.
However, research study findings have evidence that oral bacteria or their byproducts can pass placental barrier. This initiate inflammatory response leading to preterm birth.
Another correlation exists between the gum disease and the increased rate of pre-eclampsia, a condition of high blood pressure during pregnancy. The positive correlation suggests that gum disease may cause stress to the blood vessels of the mother, placenta and the fetus.
The basic periodontal therapies like oral hygiene instructions, scaling, root planing and prophylaxis can substantially decrease the level of prostaglandin responsible for inflammatory response.
The regular treatment and follow-up in pregnant women can maintain good oral health and minimize the risk of preterm birth.
Dental treatment during pregnancy:
The dental procedures mostly include the use of X-rays and use of anesthesia. In the case of pregnancy, these procedures can be used with precaution.
Therefore, before sitting on dental chair patient should declare her pregnancy to the physician. Untreated dental infections can harm fetus as well as the mother.
The emergency situations request use of dental radiographs which can’t wait. The radiation of dental x-ray is generally very low and precaution is always taken for lowest radiation exposure. A leaded apron including collar, shields can be used to prevent abdominal exposure to the x-ray radiation.
Use of dental X-ray is not at all contraindicated in pregnancy when used with precaution.
The use of local anesthesia is also not contraindicated in the pregnancy.
A clinical trial result showed that there is no harm in the use of local anesthetics during pregnancy. It is not linked with increased risk for major medical problems like cerebral palsy, cleft lip and heart defect in newborns.
The medication prescribed during dental treatment mainly includes local anesthetics, analgesics, and antibiotics. Most of them can be used with safety precautions. Each drug has its own pregnancy category which should be considered during its use.
The antibiotic like tetracycline can permanently cause discoloration of developing teeth.
Dentists can educate patients with following points to avoid problems associated with oral hygiene.
- The patient should declare the pregnancy to the Dentist
- Follow routine oral checkup.
- Undergo all elective and emergency procedures.
- Follow good oral hygiene practice ask for a better toothpaste.
- In the case of morning sickness avoid sweets and snacks which increase the risk of tooth decay.
- Have healthy and balanced diet.
Awareness of oral health during pregnancy is a must to avoid complications.
Almost every couple wishes to have a family of their own. They eagerly wait to be expecting parents. It is a joyous, yet delicate occurrence in one's life. But sometimes, you might be deprived of this. For one reason or another, some couples are not able to conceive.
in vitro fertilization (IVF) is a good option for couples who want to conceive but cannot. But there is one other option if IVF fails that is surrogacy. In fact, many women with fertility problems opt for surrogacy.
Surrogacy is of two types:
- Traditional surrogacy: When the father's sperm is used to artificially inseminate the surrogate mother, then it is termed as traditional surrogacy. In this case, the surrogate mother is the biological mother. Donor sperm may also be used.
- Gestational surrogacy: In this case, IVF is used. The egg from the mother and the sperm from the father is used to create an embryo. Then the embryo is placed into the surrogate's uterus. Here, the surrogate mother is only the "birth mother". The biological mother is one whose eggs were used.
Surrogacy is an expensive procedure. But still, it should be considered if you have been trying to conceive for too long. Why choose a surrogate mother in that case? There are various answers to that question.
If you are a woman, then you can consider surrogacy for the following reasons:
1. Medical issues with your uterus:
- You have your uterus surgically removed (hysterectomy)
- Other medical conditions that can have dangerous effects when pregnant, like heart diseases.
2. The other obvious reason would be if your IVF cycle fails. It can be quite devastating to invest so much time and effort in IVF and not have any positive result. Surrogacy can prove to be beneficial in this case.
3. Surrogate mothers can help people who wish for parenthood but cannot adopt a child because of their marital conditions or age. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
I'm 8 month pregnant. Currently facing severe leg pain on my left leg, due to which I can not sleep at night. I tried oil massage, applied ointment but no relief. Its just on 1 leg. What should I do.
I had an operation of uterus removal last year because of the problem of heavy bleeding. Later it cause to several other problems (after operation. Like gradual weight gain. I do exercise but it causes muscles pain. And I have joint pain in my body. So I was unable to continue with the exercise. Other main cause is fatigue. I feel weakness in my body. I want to lose weight and I want a proper diet chart according to my age and my health condition.
Hello, mere periods 8 August ko hoa tha abhi 2 week hi hoa h aur hame vomiting lagti h iska Kya matlab h Kya pregnant ho sakte h.
Hi doctor. I am 19 years old female. My periods have always been normal until I missed in the month of April. My last period was on 11 march 2016. I had a lot of exam stress so I attributed it to the same. However I did an ultrasound which did not show any abnormality in my ovaries whatsoever. Then on 4 june 2016 I took tab estrogen and progesterone and got my period on 10 june 2016. I again missed my cycle in july and went for a hormonal profile which showed that my LH waz 26.47 and FsH 7.07 and PRl 28.09. My endocrinologist said you have PCOS although I do not have any other symptom other than a bit of weight gain. He started me on metformin 500 mg and gave diving 10 for 7 days to induce periods which I did not get even after waiting for 15 days. So today I went to an ob/gyn and he said to increase metformin to 1 g and take krimson 35 for a month or two and check. I am really worried. Is this a very big issue? Will it affect my fertility in any way? Web makes PCOS look like something very evil. Please help. Also If I missed my period then in which phase am i? As in FP or what? The report shows my lh is 26.47 and fsh 7.07 and prl 28. During fp there has to be this lh surge right? So how much lh is needed for ovulation. Please explain me this with reference to normal ranges. Ill be highly obliged doctors if you help me with this and explain all the questions. Thank you.
Is there any problem at time of sexual activities if my husband sucking nipple more than 10 minutes 8 or 10 times daily.
Developmental disabilities include autism, attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder, mental retardation, learning difficulties and other developmenatl delays. Children with these disabilities indicate difficulties in the form of writing, reading, speaking, playing, understanding instructions, hitting, kicking, screaming, swearing, repetitive, rocking, and others. These challenging behaviors requires appropriate psychological assessment and management. With assessment requires numerous behavioral, intelligence and developmental tools. Following assessment appropriate techniques utilized to manage challenging behavior using psychological techniques. Recently new technique came into effect ie., Reflexology which work in other form and with limited sessions. It is one of the alternative therapy which is simple, safe and efective also. Therapist works with reflex area on the feets, hands and head. This techniques proves to be effective in reducing stress, emotional, agressive and behavioral problems of children effectively.
India hobbles to second place in hip fractures with 4.4 lakh people falling prey every year. Currently, india has approximately 36 million osteoporosis patients.
- Osteoporotic patients suffer fractures because of weak bones, leading to temporary or permanent disability, and even death.
- Importance of bones
- Bones and the skeleton play many important roles in the body.
- Store and supply calcium as needed for all of the cells and organs of the body
- Give our bodies support and muscle attachments which allow us to move and use our limbs
- Enclose and protect our vital organs
- Provide space for bone marrow, where all types of blood and bone cells are made.
- There are things you can do to maintain and even improve your bone strength.
- Understand your individual risk for fracture. This is based on any risk factors you have for fracture and your bone density. Ask your doctor if you need a bone density test.
- Understand your individual risk for bone loss. Genetics plays a role in bone health, and some people have genetically determined high rates of bone turnover after menopause or with aging. Talk to your doctor about bone metabolism testing. Bone metabolism testing can provide additional information about your risk for fracture.
- Be active every day. Strength-building and weight-bearing activities help build strong bones. Children should exercise at least an hour each day, and adults should total 30 minutes of daily activity.
- Maintain a healthy weight. Older adults who are overweight have a higher risk for falling. Being underweight raises the risk of bone loss.
- Get enough calcium and vitamin d.
- Do not smoke. Smoking can reduce bone mass and increase your risk for a broken bone.
- Limit alcohol use. Heavy alcohol use reduces bone mass and increases your risk for broken bones.
- Reduce your risk of falling. There are many changes your can make in your home to help prevent a fall. Remove obstacles and add safety features — such as grab bars and non-slip mats — where needed.
- Consider bone-boosting medications. In addition to calcium and vitamin d supplements, there are many drug options that slow bone loss and increase bone strength. Talk to your doctor about these methods for protecting your bones.