Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Sonal GuptaYour feedback matters!
Hi How to safe from pregnancy. I was patient of sugar. And can't be a mom due to my pregnancy report. I have no problem but my husband has problem is their any solution about it.
Is their any way to know that my girlfriend had sex with some one else except me in last two months because actually my problem is I work on ship so always have a doubt on this. If I may know how to know it would be very helpful to me.
Hello sir/mam, I had unprotected oral sex with a sex worker, whom I do not khow her hiv status, I am so stress that if I contact hiv through her, I had no cuts, sores, wound in my mouth, penis and figure. Do I need to test for hiv. Please reply.
It is one month and 7 days of my cesarean delivery. My husband want sex should we do only flour play activity?
I have abdominal pain any of pain but the doctor said that I have tubal cyst of 17 cm .and 5 month before intake my ultrasound there is noting in the report but in present month have 17 cm tubal cyst in ultrasound please tell me it can possible.
One man bloodgroup B (rh) and woman bloodgroup also same, if they can marry, if marry any problem in future life?
Is I can and prega news are reliable for pregnancy test and does ingestion of sperm leads to pregnancy. Sir and madam please explain the above.
I'm 21 years old female. Im pregnant and I'm on my 21 week now. Yesterday I had my anomaly scan and told a slightly low amniotic fluid. Im worried about the situation. And wanted to know the cause.
My wife is 23 years and got married with me last 16 oct-2016 Sunday. We had unprotected sex and she took unwanted 72 pill within 72 hrs. She is not getting her menstruation which usually take on 20oct. Now she is having urine burn. Can you pls suggest any medicine to use after 6-7 days pregnancy, if she is getting pregnant.
Lung capacity (or total lung capacity) refers to the total volume of air contained in the lungs after one complete inhalation and is a direct summation of your respiratory capacity and residual capacity (the amount you inhale and the amount your lungs can keep). A diminished lung capacity can stem from a number of conditions such as asthma, emphysema, lung cancer, or from bad habits such as excessive smoking. This, however, can be combated by a number of means.
1. Breathing exercises:
- Deep breathing: Research has shown, that taking long deep breaths, which basically encompasses inhaling for as long as possible and holding your breath for about 15-20 seconds can work wonders in increasing lung capacity if it can be carried out several times a day.
- Splashing water on your face: Splashing water on your face while holding breath lowers the heart rate, and prepares the body in the same way as if you were about to go swimming. This will automatically increase your lung's capacity to hold air.
- Try meditation: Closing your eyes and meditating for long periods may also prove to be beneficial. The lesser the amount of energy that you expend, the more air the lungs can hold.
2. Physical exercises:
- Engage in rigorous cardiovascular activities: Increased cardiovascular exercising, including aerobics, running, cycling is very useful, as it pushes your body to exhaustion, thus forcing your lungs to work harder - in turn, increasing its capacity.
- Increase water-based exercises: Swimming or exercising in water is very beneficial for the body as it adds an element of resistance to your training regime and overworks your lungs to supply enough oxygen, making them work better.
- Try exercising at higher elevations: This often works as a foolproof way of increasing lung capacity. Higher altitudes have lower oxygen supply. Thus, overworking your lungs by engaging in intense workouts can be very beneficial for your lungs.
3. Long-term training exercises:
- Increase your resistance: Breathe in high quantities of air, and take time before releasing it completely and do it very slowly. This forces your lungs to hold air longer, thus stretching them out.
- Overwork your brain: Try to breathe in extra - more than what you normally do. This forces your brain to work overtime to make sure that the lungs have the capacity to take in that excess air. This will greatly increase lung capacity in the long run. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a pulmonologist.
Hello Sir/Madam, I have inquiry related to my wife she is 29 year old ,she is suffering from breast fibroadenoma in both side breast ,total number of 7 lumps in both breast, please suggest me preferred treatment.
Hi Dr. I m 30 yrs. My first child is 8 years n wen he born after 4 months I conceive so that I abort the child its tooo early. After dat last year I abort the child n nw in dec also I abort the child bt nw I feel guilt n Want to conceive as soon as so after how much time can I plan for baby. After 3 months can I try n can I conceive early please helpnw its too late. For me.
I went to a gyn yesterday she took a scan and prescribed me meprate for irregular periods for 5 days, before I started the medicine I got few drops of bleeding yesterday, should I continue meprate? And I also forgot to ask her whether I was pregnant. I'm confused Dr. Help.
What is failure to thrive?
Children are diagnosed with failure to thrive when their weight or rate of weight gain is significantly below that of other children of similar age and sex. Infants or children that fail to thrive seem to be dramatically smaller or shorter than other children the same age. Teenagers may have short stature or appear to lack the usual changes that occur at puberty. However, there is a wide variation in what is considered normal growth and development.
In general, the rate of change in weight and height may be more important than the actual measurements.
Infants or children who fail to thrive have a height, weight and head circumference that do not match standard growth charts. The person's weight falls lower than the third percentile (as outlined in standard growth charts) or 20 percent below the ideal weight for their height. Growing may have slowed or stopped after a previously established growth curve.
The following are delayed or slow to develop:
- Physical skills, such as rolling over, sitting, standing and walking
- Mental and social skills
- Secondary sexual characteristics (delayed in adolescents)
- It is important to determine whether failure to thrive results from medical problems or factors in the environment, such as abuse or neglect.
- There are multiple medical causes of failure to thrive. These include:
- Chromosome abnormalities, such as Down syndrome and Turner syndrome
Defects in major organ systems
- Problems with the endocrine system, such as thyroid hormone deficiency, growth hormone deficiency or other hormone deficiencies
- Damage to the brain or central nervous system, which may cause feeding difficulties in an infant
- Heart or lung problems, which can affect how oxygen and nutrients move through the body
- Anemia or other blood disorders
- Gastrointestinal problems that result in malabsorption or a lack of digestive enzymes
- Long-term gastroenteritis and gastroesophageal reflux (usually temporary)
- Cerebral palsy
Long-term (chronic) infections
- Metabolic disorders
- Complications of pregnancy and low birth weight
- Other factors that may lead to failure to thrive:
- Emotional deprivation as a result of parental withdrawal, rejection or hostility
- Economic problems that affect nutrition, living conditions and parental attitudes
- Exposure to infections, parasites or toxins
- Poor eating habits, such as eating in front of the television and not having formal meal times
- Many times the cause cannot be determined.
- The treatment depends on the cause of the delayed growth and development. Delayed growth due to nutritional factors can be resolved by educating the parents to provide a well-balanced diet.
- If psychosocial factors are involved, treatment should include improving the family dynamics and living conditions. Parental attitudes and behavior may contribute to a child's problems and need to be examined. In many cases, a child may need to be hospitalized initially to focus on implementation of a comprehensive medical, behavioral and psychosocial treatment plan.
- Do not give your child dietary supplements without consulting your physician first.
Do you wonder why suddenly at times you go on a zero sex drive? it could happen even when your chemistry with your partner is fine, nothing is heaving on your mind, and you are otherwise healthy too. Only you just don't feel like having sex. This might have to do with what you are eating.
Here are some of the foods which can kill your sex drive.
1. Diet soda - while staying fit is an excellent idea, drinking diet sodas with artificial sweeteners can be absolute mood killers as they directly affect the levels of serotonin, a hormone which assists you in reaching the zone.
2. Caffeine - it certainly increases stamina for sex. However, for someone who is already nervous, this would mean increased anxiety which in turn would lower the sex drive. Overdose of coffee is known to increase one's stress hormone levels, too, affecting one's sex drive.
3. Chocolate - this is surprising since chocolate is known as an aphrodisiac. A study has shown that since it stimulates love and euphoria, it might also suppress, at times the testosterone levels in the body.
4. Mint - while mint is a good way to clear your breath after a meal, the menthol in it is also known to lower the testosterone. This lowers your sex drive.
5. Popcorn - when popcorn is made in the microwave and eaten, it could totally kill the mood for sex, especially in men. Research suggests that the bag's lining has chemicals which kill sex drive and in the long term can also cause prostrate problems.
6. Cheese - if made of cow's milk, cheese contains a lot of synthetic hormones which are known to mess with human body's natural hormone production that primarily includes testosterone and estrogen.
A little more about Weaning:-
Weaning can be defined as a process where there is a gradual transition from an infant's diet to a fully grown adults diet. Weaning is considered a period of complementary feeds, which helps an infant to establish a better connection with food. Weaning can also be considered as a process of developing infants taste buds. Weaning should always be introduced after 6 months of exclusive breastfeeding (from birth to 6 months).
Since the entire process of weaning takes a lot of patience and perseverance, mothers are expected to be creative to bring the best introductions in her child's menu. It is more of a trial method for the new mum, as it helps her govern a basic taste of her tiny tot.
Below are some points which can benefit both the new mum and the baby towards effective weaning.
Points to be kept in mind for a fruitful weaning:-
- Feed only supple or soft foods:- To avoid the potential risk of choking, which can be common with the foods like apple, grapes, nuts, popcorns, The rule here to follow is to make sure that the food fed, should be soft enough to get mashed between the finger and the thumb. It becomes very important to go choke free. One can conveniently start with blends.
- Offer purees and nutrient dense meals:- Weaning should be a gradual and relishing process and purees play a vital role in resetting the overall process since they are loaded with important nutrients and are also easy to digest, they can be an ideal meal to begin for the growing infant.
- Diversify the baby's prospect as a part of growing:- Babies like to see the world as a process of constant change and learning. Including wide varieties of mild herbs like basil, turmeric in his daily weaning diet, will help in developing a stronger immune response.
- Discourage the use of salt, sugar and honey all together:- Do not encourage the use of salt and sugar till the baby turns one. They can prove to be very heavy on the baby's tiny developing system, without contributing much on a nutritional front.
- Go slow and enjoy the overall process :-Considering this period as a time of bonding with your baby, by doing so you will be able to help your baby attain a healthy, positive and fun loving rapport with the new mum and the food, which will last with the baby for rest of his life. By any sort of force feeding involved, baby can get rebellious and might never want to have food at all.
- Encourage self-feeding:- By encouraging it, the baby will eventually learn the process of self-feeding. Self-feeding will help the baby to have a better grip over fine motor grip and also help him be more independent. Self-feeding should be monitored under vigilance and allow baby learn self-feeding by himself, in spite of some futile attempts.
Weaning should be a gradual, happy and a positive process, which should be initially done at a turtle pace. It should evolve as a learning process for both mother and the baby since that will help them to establish a better understanding and connection with the food habits. Weaning can sum up to the benefit of new mum by attaining a better understanding towards baby's food preferences.