Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Ruchika Garg
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Ruchika GargYour feedback matters!
I am 27 years old and I have a boy baby (1- month. Can I breastfeed because I am affected from hypothyroid and taking 50 mg mediation.
Hi Sir, I am 18 years old and have been suffering from vaginal swelling and itching since a last 5 days and I applied soframycin for relief but isn't working. It's paining while sitting and walking. What should I do to cure it? Which medicines to be taken? Is it normal?
Hi I had a baby 20 days back only. Now I don't want 2nd baby what is the permanent solution for this. If operations required when can we done this after baby delivery.
Your adrenal glands produce cortisol. It helps with a number of your body’s functions, including:
Regulating blood pressure and the cardiovascular system
Reducing the immune system’s inflammatory response
Converting carbohydrates, fats, and proteins into energy
Balancing the effects of insulin
Responding to stress
Your body may produce high levels of cortisol for a variety of reasons, including:
The most common cause of Cushing’s syndrome is the use of corticosteroid medications, such as prednisone, in high doses for a long period. High doses of injectable steroids for treatment of back pain can also cause this syndrome.
Other causes include:
Pituitary gland tumor in which the pituitary gland releases too much adrenocorticotropic hormone, which is also known as Cushing’s disease
Adrenal gland abnormality or tumor
Symptoms of Cushing’s Syndrome:
The most common symptoms of this condition are:
- Weight gain
- Fatty deposits, especially in the midsection, the face and between the shoulders and the upper back (causing a buffalo hump)
- Purple stretch marks on the breasts, arms, abdomen, and thighs
- Thinning skin that bruises easily
- Skin injuries that are slow to heal & acne
- Fatigue, bone loss & muscle weakness
- Increased thirst & urination
- Women may also notice extra facial and body hair, as well as absent or irregular menstruation.
Men may also have:
Children with this condition are generally obese and have a slower rate of growth.
Would you please suggest me for my wife's pregnancy we both had tests and been using the medicine since 4 years. But there's no result. Would you please suggest us the successful pregnancy ways. Thanking you.
Sir/mam I had sex few days ago wt my we dint intend to bt we comitd a mstke. We are not married we truly luv each other. I felt nyc, special n luvly few days ago bt nw I feel vry guilty feel myself drty lyk anything. Please do not thnk dt my parents is careless n bad or nothing else. they hv brought me up wt intense care n ws vry strict bt d blender hpnd. I dnt fl gud. Nthng ws goin gud is few months bck evn nw nthng is fine. My bf is like ovr possesiv. Few days ago I was very tensed dt I cudnt slp n I bcam a bit cranky so bcam irritable to hm. At nyts I use to quarrel wt hm cz he dnt use to get tym fo me I kno he might b bsy bt stil I cudnt myself myself s I ws so much in stress ol ds. Days .i got lots f problems at hom bfo he ws vry gud he is stil nw bt m hv mixd feelings bout hm. I fl vry odd bout hm at sme points. He fls dt gals hu toks wt der bsties n spnd tym ah leabians. He is kinda weird n I dnt kno wt he thanks off. We have been three years in a relation. If I tok to guys he thanks I njoy der cmpny if I tok to gls he thanks m.lesbo.n ds days he boast f himself n hs family alot n underestimate mine's n me. I kno I did a blunder. Cn you please get me. Out f it. I luv hm bt d way he bhavs hurts me alot. N if in sme pt I m.wrng den pls do tel me. I wil b very mch grateful to u.n olso we hd sex 3 days continuously fo d frst tym n had 2 I pils dt day itself. Is there any chance of my pregnancy?
A Pap smear test helps in detecting the signs and onset of cervical cancer. This test helps in pointing at the presence of any suspicious cells that may require further examination and testing with the help of an oncologist. You will enjoy a negative result in case you have a normal reading during the examination process and no further treatment will be required. Yet, you will be asked to go through the test on a regular basis. But here is what happens if you have an abnormal reading.
- Positive Result: You are said to have a positive result, if you any unusual or abnormal cells were found during this Pap Smear Test. While this may not necessarily mean that you have cervical cancer, it can show what kind of abnormal cells are present in this area of your body. The doctor will check for the following things after a positive result.
- ASCUS: This is also known as Atypical Squamous Cells of Undetermined Significance. This is a liquid based test that will seek to study the thin and flat squamous cells that may be found on the surface of a perfectly healthy and normal cervix. This test will check for the presence of any virus that may lead to the development of cancer and to determine the level of risk to the patient. Further, if there is any high risk virus, then further treatment and testing will be required.
- Squamous Intraepithelial Lesion: When some of the cells that have been extracted during the Pap Smear test turn out to be precancerous, then they are Squamous Intraepithelial Lesions. In many cases, it takes a few years for these lesions to turn cancerous especially when the changes are low grade, which pertains to the size, shape and other features of the same. If a high grade lesion is detected, then diagnostic testing in the form of imaging tests may be required.
- Atypical Glandular Cells: These mucus producing cells grow within the cervical opening and usually spread into the uterus as well. While they may appear abnormal, it is difficult to tell whether or not they are cancerous, especially in the early stages.
- Squamous Cell Cancer: This is an almost certain reading of the growth of cancer in the cervix. When a reading from the Pap Smear includes such a finding, the doctor will recommend immediate evaluation.
- Colposcopy: Once you have had a positive reading with any of the above findings, the doctor will perform this procedure with sample tissue extracted during a biopsy. This will be done with the use of a special magnifying tool known as a colposcope to examine the cervix, vagina and vulva tissues. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.