Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Ruchika Garg
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Ruchika GargYour feedback matters!
I have abnormal pain in stomach, back, legs during periods. Feeling very weak below hip and excess sweating. I also feel pain in all joints during menstruation. My nails looks really pale. Im taking MEF TAL SPAS tablets on menses. It totally kills my pain however I do not like to take pain killer. I would like to treat my pain in natural way and I can feel that I'm weak. Other than menstruating days also I feel extremely weak for no reason. It affects my daily routine and being lazy. I need immediate help!
Hello Doctor, I have an average of 28 days cycle. My first day of last period was on 20th March. Also we are planning for kid so was bit concerned. Yesterday night I had sharp pain in my lower stomach. Just the same pain like during the periods. I usually take Meftal P syrup whenever I have pain during periods. So thinking I might get my period soon I took 10ml of syrup. I am perfect after that. But there is no sign of period now. Also I was experiencing bit itching from past 2 days near my vaginal opening which is under control on apply Keto B.I just want to know why I experienced such pain. Any thing related to we trying for kid.
It's my 7 th week of pregnancy and I feel that my tummy size have increased. Is it normal? is not it so early or its just bloating?
Hi doctor, Me and my wife have you protected sex last week but I'm not leave my sperm into her vagina, I pull out. But we aware about the pregnancy because we won't want the baby now. I s the any chance of getting pregnant of my wife. Please reply me doc.
I have been diagnosed with PCOD with acne and body hair growth. And have been prescribed Cyst-Go, THF, Ducored and Pregcos-200. Can I take isotretinoin for acne simultaneously with these medicines?
Is there is any medicine or any solution to avoid pregnancy without using contraceptive pills or condoms?
I had normal delivery four months ago. I had my first period post that in 1st week of December and now in 1.5 month, I am having it for the third time. Is this normal or do I need some medication.
Hello sir/madam my sister is pregnant from 2 month. But she has type-2 diabetes with now blood sugar level is 135 mg/dl at fasting. She taking Sitagliptin nd glycomet gp2 forte as medication. Again before 6 month she having increase t3 and t4 level. With constant decrease TSH. Is she is safe during pregnancy? Or any precaution is taken during her pregnancy? Kindly tell.
I have bicornuate uterus. I am pregnant for 3 an half months. I had bleed for 2 times first time on 18 june and second time on 8 july. After that I had very low bleed on 22 nd and 23 rd july. Now there is no bleeding. After seeing the report of ultrasound the doctor said that there are 50%chances of being the fetus will be ok or not. I am in confusion that whether my baby is all right or not . I want to know should I proceed this pregnancy further or not?
For a tea lover, nothing in the world can be more gratifying than a cup of tea. Happiness or sadness, stress or celebration, the answer to everything is a cup of heavenly delight. In addition to the hard core tea addicts, many people, in general, have the habit of drinking tea after meals. While many see this as a harmless addiction, some experts consider the habit anything but healthy. What is the truth then? Is it harmless to drink tea after meals or is the truth different from what is apprehended? In this article, we try to find an answer to this baffling question.
Some reports suggest that drinking tea, particularly the green tea or any other herbal tea after meals may be a good practice. The green tea is known for its high antioxidant and polyphenol content.
- When consumed after a meal, the green or herbal tea acts as a catalyst, accelerating the production as well as the stimulation of many digestive enzymes including gastric juice, saliva, and bile to aid in the digestion process.
- The catechins (polyphenolic compounds), an active compound present in green tea enhances the pepsin activity to a great extent. An increased pepsin activity indicates a better breakdown of the dietary proteins.
- The antioxidants in the green are known to deal with many complications associated with digestion with elan. In fact, green tea is considered an effective digestive stimulant. It is known to provide relief from intestinal gas as well as conditions of Irregular Bowel Syndrome (namely Ulcerative Colitis and Crohn’s disease).
- Green tea or herbal tea also helps in better absorption of the dietary nutrients.
While these points reflect the benefits of having tea (mainly green or herbal tea) after meals, there is the other side to it. Not all people enjoy having green tea. Thus, when we discuss the merits or the demerits, we should consider tea in general and not just herbal or green tea.
- The Tannin present in tea comes with many side effects.
- Tannin interferes with absorption of many minerals including iron, zinc, and calcium (slows down the absorption). As a result, there may be a deficiency of these minerals, triggering a myriad of health complications.
- In some people, tannin may also trigger constipation.
- Thus, people already suffering from the deficiency of these minerals should refrain from drinking tea between meals.
- Another ingredient present in tea is the caffeine.
Taking all the points (both merits and demerits) into consideration, it is best to avoid drinking tea between meals on a regular basis. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.