Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Rajkot and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Rajan RamaniYour feedback matters!
My baby boy has 3 months old. he is crying very loudly before passing urine. Please advice what should I do for his relief. I contact with kids specialist but not satisfied with treatment.
My son is 10 months old. Now, he got a problem like, one of his testis is not in the scrotum. When we scan it, it was given in the report as the left side of the testis is present in the left side external inguinal ring measuring 15 * 6mm. So whether operation is the only solution for him? Or we can wait for few more years for this problem? Kindly suggest me a solution for this issue. We are really worried.
My daughter is 6 years old now but her weight is 13 kgs only. From her 1 years to till now weight is constant. She is healthy no medical illness. How will she gain weight and is there any reason behind it?
Breastfeeding mothers need to be conscious and aware of their diets. How the mother eats is how the child gets its nutrition. While they do not need any major changes from what they were eating during the pregnancy, a few adjustments are advised. A few basic adjustments in daily routine are enough. They are:
1. Eat very well - Eat a balanced diet to suit your health. Remember, first it is important to meet your nutritional needs. Only when you are eating well would the quality and quantity of your milk be ideal for your baby. Do not diet under any circumstance. We understand you wish to lose all the pregnancy weight soon, but remember, you child is your priority now. When you diet, your body will start drawing on its reserves. This will affect milk production. By dieting, you will also lack the amount of stamina you need to take care of your baby. Be aware that feeling extra hungry during breastfeeding is normal. Your body is working around the clock. Eat small meals at regular intervals to keep your hunger satisfied, your weight concern at bay and your body strong.
2. Don't count your calories - Not until you are breastfeeding. You need at least 500 calories more than you did when you were not breastfeeding. Don't let this shock you, your child will be feeding off you. There are other ways to regulate your weight and lose the extra pounds gained during pregnancy, do not compromise on food at all.
3. Do not rush to exercise - Consult your doctor and ask for suitable exercises for your body. You might have stitches which are yet to dry, so don't be hasty. Get your workout regime planned professionally and under guidance.
4. Do not avoid fats - Eat healthy foods and opt for good fats. Foods that are good for you and for milk production are a big yes. Foods which do not contribute in any positive way can be done without. They will only harm you in the long run.
5. Avoid alcohol - Stay away, and if you do want to indulge consult your doctor. An occasional drink is usually okay, still it is better you abstain altogether until you stop breastfeeding. And if you do have a drink, feed at least after two hours.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on consult.
From lybrate: if you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over whatsapp, facebook and other media.
My baby is 11 month old now . I give him. Formula milk when he was 6 months old. Lactodex 2 . Should I change it or other effective milk would use .
My son is 5 year old and he is suffering frequently with cold and cough then fever. every time we go to out doctor he prescribe three days dose of antibiotic and sinarest. He find this is happening because of the toncilis. pls advice as three days dose gives him relief for temporarily and again and again same thing is happening. this time we discussed with the doctor about the same and he changed the antibiotic and said this is due to the weather.
Hi ,i am 25 yr old female. Resending baby is born with 8 months in caesarean. It' s first baby. But am not having periods for menses time. What should I do?
Respected sir, My wife is a depression passing . During this period she fed milk to my new born baby who is 9 years old now. In this time my baby have less consultation and during play time he not realise any sense of bathroom .during study time he always uses to go bathroom with urgent. Earlier my baby was passing urine at bed as he was not able to control. Nowadays he is able to get up but he don't have control on his body, sometime he is passing urine at kitchen, or other place. Now from school also complain is coming that he is not concentrating , if we are saying him 4 times then he is listening . I request you to analyze the case and please advise me what to do. Thanks
Meri daughter 6 months ki hai or weight 6 k.g. Hai. Usko constipation ki problem hai last 2 months se. Usko glycerine ki bati laga kr potty karwani padti hai. please suggest.
Hi my son is 1 year 9 months old he's having difficulty in passing motion the motion is hard he cries a lot when in diaper he stands and does motion which is hard and with difficulty two day's back he had developed a boil over we consulted a pediatric he gave acculav D's 4 ml thrice when asked about motion he said he will get loose motion after 1 day he did motion with difficulty I am worried we give him everything what to include to in food to make his motion soft pls tel me.
1.5 year old girl child have cough about a week and have changed two medicines but till has cough. What can i do?
My girl is 1 year 6 month old. When she is take milk and biscuits then go potty regularly for 2-3 days. Before it takes mother milk and natural cow milk but recently (2-3 days) I shift in delhi so she takes powder milk. So please do something.
My son is 1 month and 16 days old. Last few days ago we saw some little drop of blood in his stool. Then we went to doctor. He advised for his stool test. We did his stool test and found mucus, pus cell is 10-12/hpf and occult blood is negative. After seeing the stool test report Doctor said, there is an infection in his stool. Dr. Prescribed Omnix-50 (antibiotic) and Gut-Ok twice a day for five days. After completion of medicine I did another stool test at another lab and found mucus is present, pus cell is negative, occult blood is negative. After seeing the second stool test report doctor said now there is no infection. Then we told him he has completed all medicines in time but we saw little drop of blood till day. Then Doctor told us, Don't worry, there is no blood in his stool. It is only some crystal radish or some what. We do not know what is this. We are afraid about this. Is there any blood in his stool and if no, then what is this red little drop look like blood in his stool. What can we do now? please reply.
My 5 years daughter is suffering from scabies as diagnosed by dermatologist, tried with gamma benzene hexachloride & centromere lotions as directed by doctors even after 15 days the symptoms have worsen kindly help.
Meri little daughter ka weight 9 kg h or age 19 months h birth time inka weight 3 kg the 2 month se weight gain nhi ho RAHA hai abhi tk 8 teeth nikle h 6 upar or 2 niche teeth jb nikalte h to kamjor lagti hai please help what I can do for her.
Whether water can mineral water is used to boil? Or not please give me suggestions I am using for my 6 month baby?
I am taking a one and a half year old infant to leh ladakh. We as adults are advised to take acetazolamide. Salt (diamond) for acute mountain sickness. But is there any drug for infants and is it safe. Please advise. Else we will cancel the trip.
My son (2 yrs) has a lump in upper middle chest. Please suggest what it can be and where and to whom I should go for check-up and treatment.
Fluoride products for the teeth have immense importance in dentistry. Fluoride is one such chemical, the balance of which is highly required for strong and healthy teeth. However, there is an optimum amount of fluoride needed for teeth. Anything lesser than that or greater than that can cause harm and serious teeth and gum problems and tooth decay. The best option, therefore, is to get a fluoride based toothpaste or mouthwash, which will keep on providing the teeth with the optimum quantity of its daily dose of fluoride.
The benefits of fluoride products:
Before delving into the types of fluoride products available, let's have a look at the benefits of fluoride on teeth. Fluorides actually save the teeth from dental caries. It happens such that fluoride makes a certain mineral bonding on the teeth which is called fluorapatite. This is not normally found in human teeth, but when teeth damage is done, then to heal it fast this compound is needed to repair the damages. This adds to the mineral bonding in the teeth and strengthens the teeth.
The fluoride products:
The various fluoride based products, which you may use are as follows:
- Fluoridated water: Fluoridating water is a simple process where the optimum amount of fluoride is mixed with drinking water so that drinking the water automatically keeps on adding fluoride to the body and keeps in contact with teeth. This therapy alone is enough and needs no more therapies generally. But not all water reserves contain this, and it's not possible to add fluorides to all water reserves. That is why the other fluoride treatments are needed.
- Fluoride toothpaste: This is one of the most common forms for fluoride treatments. Every common daily use toothpaste contains a 0.22 to 0.312 percent of fluoride, and this is highly beneficial to the teeth for healing of decay and fast repairs. It lets the teeth get stronger.
- Mouth Rinses: Fluoride mouth rinses are an option. The sodium fluorides commonly used in the rinses are used in small amounts in the product which is used just like toothpaste and washed off.
- Fluoride foams and gels: The foam and gel are used when the teeth of the child or adult are under high risk of cavities. The foam or gel is rubbed on the teeth, and kept for a while and then washed off. The typical application time is 30 minutes.
- Varnishes: The fluoride varnishes are just like gels, and they are also used on the tooth surface similarly. It's the choice of the dentist or patient as to which one they want to go with. Besides, these slow fluoride releasing devices, medical supplements and lozenges are also there, which slowly release the optimum amount of fluorides to keep the teeth strong and healing.