Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Kya hame pata chal skta h ultrasound me ki hamara fallopian tube block h ya pcod h. Or nai to kya test karwne se pata chalega.
Hi doc .what is the best period for sex if we are trying for baby. Bcs in this app only I found some doc saying after period 10 to 17, some doc saying 12 to 19 ,some doc saying 15 to 23. My wife period is regular of 30 days. Pls suggest. Thanks.
When I do sex with a girl without any protection in what condition or how she becomes pregnant. please give me the suggestion.
Hello Dr., I need to seek your advise if am pregnant or not. Am yet to conduct a home test but little scared as few months ago my period was delayed and I got high hopes but the home test came negative and 2 days later I got my periods. This time I am again due for my periods in a day or 2. But since today morning I have been having cramps and lower back pain just like periods and have released small blood clots couple time but no bleeding . Can I be pregnant? ? Please advise. Thanks in advance
It is not always that fats are bad for us, they are even good at times that is fats help our body to absorb certain vitamins. However, too much quanity is not good for our. Read on to know reasons why fats are good for our health.
- Fats are considered to be the best source of energy that is derived from food for the body.
- Fats which contain medium chain fatty acids, like coconut oil, help in weight loss. The good fats, increase the fat burning, reduce unhealthy cravings, and prevent unhealthy storage of fat in the body.
- Fats from good sources are beneficial for weight gain in case of an underweight person.
- Fats are known to maintain the body temperature as they provide heat. Heat insulation is provided by the fat under the skin.
- The calories from the fat are saved in the body as a fuel.
- Fats, which are healthy increase the absorption of fat soluble vitamins like A, D, E and K along with mineral absorption.
- Carotene is converted to vitamin A by the good fat and this is good for the eyesight.
- Fats are considered to be good lubricants and prevent dehydration.
- A protective padding is provided by fat around vital organs.
- The healthy fats prevent the body from experiencing inflammation, thereby improving immunity.
- Healthy building blocks are formed for hormones and cell membranes by fats. The good fats are used by the body to build the cell walls. The 10 trillion cells in the body require fats to metabolize insulin.
- Fatty acids which are found in the healthy fats such as caprylic acid are believed to act as anti-viral substances and antibacterial by lauric acid.
- Stearic and palmitic acids are found in fat rich food which help to lower the cholesterol.
- Butyric acid which is found in some fats like ghee help in reducing the risk of cancer.
- Good and high quality fats help in memory enhancement, mental functions, and happiness and learning abilities.
- Fats like coconut oil, castor oil and ghee lubricate the colon and provide support in digestion and elimination process.
- Ghee is considered to have some medicinal properties as it has the ability to absorb nutrients from the herbs. These fats also carry herbs to the desired tissue or organ.
- Fat is believed to be a good source of food for the pregnant women as it helps with the development of the child's brain.
- Healthy fat rich foods are also dense in nutrients such as minerals, calcium and Vitamin E, A, D, K.
- Flexibility and endurance is promoted by healthy fats which is very helpful in people who work for long shift hours that are physically demanding.
I am 26 years old. I have a baby of three years by Caesarian. After delivery I have gained around 15 KG weight and now I am around 82 KG and my height is 5'7" My schedule is very busy please suggest me few tips to lose weight effectively, because there is a family function at my home after a month.
I am in a physical relationship with my boyfriend. He never use protection always make me eat ipill. Last month on 23 bleeding started I thought its periods then it stopped next day so again we got intimate and took pills. Yesterday again it bleed today stopped I am scared now. Help.
Am I pregnant? What should I be eating? Is it normal to be this tired? How can I help my partner during labour?
My pregnancy of 9th month completed and 3 days in 10th month. Still my baby not come down. From last 2 days I see the white liquid in my vagina. Its harmful? When I get labor pain?
Hey i'm a 17 years old virgin guy. My girlfriend and I've just decided to have sex but there is a lot to worry. We want to minimise the risk of pregnancy as far as possible. Is the pull and pray method something to rely upon? Can I wash my penis before sex to remove the dirt or precum and then remove my penis from her when I'm about to ejaculate?
I have having facial hair growth, which started after marriage only and have irregular periods. Pls advice which doctor shall I meet for facial hair growth? Is it cure able?
My Wife's is 21 Years old. On 01.01. 2016, She Birth a Baby Boy, that is 7.5 Pounds. Because Of High BP (170) at the time of Delivery, her Gynecologist Decided to Sizerian and He do that. At the time of Delivery, her weight was 78 kg. And after delivery, now she is 70 kg. My Question is Because of Sizerian, My wife can Face any problem in Future. Can we Enjoy our Sexually and Daily routine life Happily in Future. Or Can I take any precaution at the time of Intercourse. After Delivery How much time I will take for Sex.
Do use of contraceptives like ipill cause any severe side effect. Can it be taken after intercourse and does it give effective protection against pregnancy?
Is there any way to prevent pregnancy after 1 month of unprotected sex. Because 2 days back we had unprotected sex but her periods are already skrewed up because of the ipill. So should we take ipill again or just wait for the next period to come. Because already her periods are late by 15 days.
Dysmenorrhoea is a medical condition where a woman has extremely painful periods. While menstruation is normal, it is very painful. This is caused by disorders like fibroids, pelvic inflammatory disease, adenomyosis, endometrial polyps, use of intrauterine contraceptive device or endometriosis. Many women assume that pain is normal and must be tolerated.
Few ways to deal with dysmenorrhoea are:
1. It’s Ok To Take Pain Relievers: To relieve the pain, simple analgesics like paracetamol and aspirin can be taken.
2. Anti-inflammatory Drugs Can Taken: Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs are also prescribed to deal with dysmenorrhoea and most women are known to feel relief from the pain.
3. Fish Oils Capsules: Fish oil capsules which contain Omega 3 fatty Acids are also a good option to use when troubled with severe menstrual pain.
4. Prefer Light Diet: A few minor dietary changes can also help. Eating low fat vegetarian food especially on the days of the periods can prove to be helpful.
5. Avoid Sedentary Lifestyle: It is said that exercise can reduce the pain of dysmenorrhoea. Sedentary lifestyle is not good for the uterus region and it is advisable to indulge in regular exercises.
6. Use Heat Therapy: Heat therapy is a common and effective way to deal with dysmenorrhoea. Keeping a hot water bag on the region of the pain is known to soothe the pain and help relax the muscles.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over WhatsApp, Facebook and other media.
Hi my friend is 2 weeks pregnant next month her cousin's marriage function is there so they all planned to give one dance. So if she dances during the pregnancy would there be a problem?
Me & my gf had sex before a week of her periods. It wasn't completely inside of her & I didn't ejaculate. It just that her outer wall got contact with my penis that was wet & was little inside of her. But still she took a ipill after 15 hrs. She is missing her periods now after 1 week of we had sex. Please tell is there any chances of getting pregnant & when will her periods be normal & when she will have her period for current month. Thank you.
What do I do if I am sexually active and have missed my periods?
When you miss your periods and are sexually active, the first thought that comes to mind is that of a pregnancy. A simple pregnancy test should be done with the help of commercially available test strips. One simply needs to add three drops of urine in the well provided on the kit. A single line means there is no detectable pregnancy as yet and two lines means that you are pregnant. At times one line is faint and the other dark. In such a situation, it is best to get in touch with your doctor to decide the best option available to you.
It is advisable to check the expiry date of the strip before use and to preferably use the first urine in the morning as it is the most concentrated urine sample of the day. If you are unable to do the test early morning then any urine sample would do but if the test is negative, please make sure that you repeat the test after 24-28 hours.
If you are very stressed about the reliability of the pregnancy kit, you can go for a blood test for pregnancy which is 100 percent accurate and also tells us about the approximate time ultrasound scan should be performed to check the baby's position in the uterus.
There could be many other reasons for missing the periods besides pregnancy and these are PCOS (Polycystic ovarian syndrome), use of an emergency contraceptive pill (like I-pill), ovarian cyst, stress, extensive travelling, medical diseases like tuberculosis and hormonal imbalances specially of thyroid to name a few.
Whatever be the reason for missed and overdue periods, one should still rule out pregnancy as you could still be pregnant even with all the above mentioned conditions.
Every woman should know how to keep a period calendar so that she knows when her cycle has gone overdue. Many a times it is a false alarm and the periods are actually on time.