Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Homeopaths in India. You will find Homeopaths with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Homeopaths online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chin Reduction Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Asthma Management Program
Hair Restoration Techniques
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Nosebleed (Epistaxis) Treatment
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Viral Fever Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Poorna RaoYour feedback matters!
Im 20years old girl im having small breast size and I do not want to do any surgery or implantation like silicon so please tel me any other methods to increase the size like any medicine or cream or any natural methods which does not have any side effects.
I am 54 and suffering from diabetes and now I am having prostrate i am in the urinary bladder. I need your advice.
Dear Doctor Need your help. I am 56 years male and have been facing pain in the throat and a feeling of something struck there. Also have problem while swallowing. The pain is constant but bearable. I have history of smoking which is reduced to 1- 2 in cigarette in a day now a days. Also have acidity problem. Are these symptoms related. Is there a danger of throat cancer. I am not scared but want to tackle the problem before it is too late .
I am 25 years old I am from bangalore last night I was doing some work unfortunate I fell down on the ground I had some kind of illness like headache.
My age is 26 years married I moved to oral sex with my wife and also game with testis, after few minutes I get serious pain in my stomach please tell me whats the problem and why it is causing tell me reason of pain.
I am 32 year old male have associated with diabetes from last two years and taking tablet glycomet gp one. From last couple of months I am feeling very tired specially loosing my concentration and feeling like going in depression negative thoughts always there in mind.
Hello doctor, what is the solution for nightfall? What happens some time in the night is that I ejaculate in sleep and I feel urge to pass urine immediately, pls help.
Am having frequent neck and back pains and I am having frequent shoulder pain aswel. Please suggest me a better way to avoid these.
A mammogram is an imaging test where an X-ray is taken to recreate the internal imagery of your breasts. This is a screening test that is widely used to find the earliest signs of cancer. There have been instances where the early signs of cancer have been found up to three years before the actual development of the same. There are a number of benefits and risks in this screening method. So let us find out more about getting a mammogram, and whether or not you should get one.
- Procedure: A special X-ray machine is used for conducting a mammogram. There is a clear plastic plate on which the specialist will place the breast while another plate will press on the breast from above. While both the plates serve to flatten the breast and hold it still, the X-ray will be taken. Some pressure will be felt and the same steps will be repeated so as to get the side view of the breasts. The same procedure will be repeated for the other breast. Meanwhile, once it is done, you will need to wait so that the technician can check for clarity, and whether or not the procedure needs to be done again. The results of this procedure cannot be relayed by the technician, and all the images will be different because all breasts are slightly different from each other.
- Preparation: You will need to remember that the process can be a slightly painful one, especially once the pressure gets applied. Many women complain of discomfort and pain. Yet, this discomfort gets over before you know it. The pressure and pain will depend on the size of your breasts and how much they will have to be pressed in order to get a picture. The skill of the technician will also come into play here. One must remember not to get this procedure done a week or so before or after the menstrual cycle, as the breasts tend to be tender around this time, and the pain will be much more.
- Radiologist: Within a few weeks after the procedure, the radiologist will usually deliver the result. This is the professional who does an accurate reading of the X-ray.
- Normal and Abnormal Readings: If your mammogram result has a normal reading, then you can resort to getting one done every once in a while. But an abnormal reading will require further X-ray and tests so as to be able to tell for sure.
- Why should I get one: If you are over 40 and have a family history of such ailments, then you will have to get a mammogram done regularly. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.