Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best General Physicians online in dehli. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Shin Splits
Management of Smoking Cessation
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Weight Management Treatment
Management of Surrogacy
Asthma Management Program
Skin Detoxification Treatment
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Health Check Up
Health Screening For Men
Health Screening For Women
Dear Sir, I am 62 years old male H/o diabetes type 2, No HTN Sugar is under control with regular exercise and yoga. On metformin tab. Suffering from ringworm skin disease. Consultant dermatologist prescribed antifungal tabs and creams. Its relapsing again. Suggest alternative treatment.
I fell off the stairs, broke a stool while sitting on it and broke a chair sitting on it in a span of 45 days. I have pain in the lower back, shoulder, wing, upper spine and pain in the thigh bone till the knee (I have a tendon tear too-previous injury) continuously. All these ailments are in the left side of my body. Should I get an MRI?
My father sometimes 1-2 times a month have gas problem and have severe headache due to gas and he only gets better when he does vomiting, is there any medicine for this problem at the time of headache or any exercise? He is 53 years of age.
My height is 4'9 I want to increase it atleast 5'4 How can I do that, I sweat alot and I have a problem of body odor, what can I do.
Hi. Body ache sometimes A lot so I am using diclofenac plus tablet. Could you suggest me another medicine.
I am 32 yrs old male, I feel very restless without any hard work, when I wake up in the morning my head is stuck with pain what to do.
My 1 month old son undergone an echo test in the suggestion of doctor suspecting a hole on his heart. But In report it is mentioned that bicuspid valve. Doctor told actually it is tricuspid valve. So he have one less valve, Is that a problem for him. He also asked me to undergone echo after 6 months. Please explain what kind it is?
If sunburn is taking the mickey out of your fun time in the sun or your summer vacation, then you may want to read this article or pin it up where you can see it every day. Sunburn is something that does not show up immediately. It can happen when you have been in the sun for too long a time, and without the protection of proper clothing, hats, glares and sunscreen lotions.
So what can you do when you feel that first sting of sunburn? Here's our list!
- Swift Action: You will need to act fast towards cooling down the onset of a sunburn. Taking a quick dip in a pool or a lake if you are near one can help in soothing the area so that the sunburn is not too bad. Also, you can then cover yourself up and step indoors immediately, where you will be properly shaded from the sun. You can continue with the cool treatment by using a cold or ice compress to press around the area that is burning or has been most affected. Remember to stay away from the exact spot as it may lead to inflammation.
- Avoid Drying: Do not let the area become too dry. Take frequent showers but stay away from harsh soaps as they may make the area dry which leads to chapping and pain.
- Breathe: Allow the skin to breathe. Do not obstruct the area with too many items of clothing and wear cotton fabric or other light weight clothing that will protect the area and let the skin breathe. Stay away from tight clothes as this may lead to chafing of the skin and the sunburns.
- Moisturise: One good way of getting rid of sunburns quickly is to moisturise as soon as you have had a bath or a shower. This will help in locking in moisture which is not really possible when you moisturise the surface later. Use a gentle lotion or cream based moisturiser and stay away from products that contain petroleum gel as this may irritate the skin further and clog the area instead of getting absorbed into the skin.
- Inflammation: Tackle inflammation by taking corticosteroids or other anti inflammatory drugs. These should be prescribed by a doctor. Aloe Vera can also be used to soothe the inflammation.
- Hydrate: Drink plenty of fluids for fast regeneration of the skin cells and so that the burns do not draw the fluid from the surface if the skin.
Take all the necessary precautions before you step out for some fun in the sun with proper sunscreen and protective clothing as well!
I have pain in my hand all the time. Once my hand is fracture 2 year ago, at that time after taking medicine I have no pain. But now I have so much pain in my hand please suggest me what to do?
I am diabetic for the last 36 years. All of asudden since last 3 months I have started getting boils in my abdominal region with PUS.
Hello doctor help me I have high fever its almost kill me, please doctor help me and what should I do?
My digestive system is very weak and I go to toilet after every 2-3 days. As a result I fell very low. Suggest some ways to increase my digestive power. Even I drink about 4-7 litre water every day.
I am suffering from cold from last ten days but still it is not getting well. What do I do. Daily I taking paracetamol but still its not working so I changed that medicine. Name decold total. Is it good?
I am suffering from headache since last 4 days. Kindly give some prescription so that I can come over from it. And kindly give also aome names of medicine of headache.
Diet Dangers To Avoid In The Summer
It is a popular belief that summers are better for exercise routines and therefore more walking and running can happen. Not just that, the basic metabolic rate is believed to go higher as foods are burned faster and more effectively. However, there is a need to watch what you eat and how much do you exercise cautiously, whatever the season.
With summer comes the time for holidays, which means more eating out a lot more, barbecue nights, and more travelling. It is very important to watch not just calories, but also the healthy quotient of the foods.
Cooling foods: Well, ice-creams and smoothies may provide a cooling effect, they are not totally cool. The soaring temperatures increase the urge to indulge in smoothies and ice-creams. While it is okay to indulge in them maybe once in a week, ordering an ice-cream or a smoothie on a daily basis is to be avoided. Opt for low-calorie, no-fat smoothies, or frozen desserts. Tender coconuts and plain fruit juices are another option. Tender coconut is the best option as it is naturally protected and packed with nutrition.
Barbecue nights: while summer allows you to enjoy a barbecue party in your garden or the terrace, watch what actually gets barbecued and eaten. Grilling is considered one of the healthiest cooking methods, but the side dishes do the most harm. The cheesy dressings and salads take away the benefits of eating the grilled foods. While calories are one thing to watch for, hygiene is another thing. With summer setting in, the number of food-borne diseases also increases.
Picnic foods: summer holidays bring in time for picnics and outings. Whether you have a beach in your neighbourhood or a hilltop just a couple of hours drive away, it is common to see families heading out for picnics with packed food stuff. The food per se may not be as harmful as the chips, fries and other accompaniments that go with it. Add to it the urge to include ice-creams while on the go, they could push your calories straight upwards. And whether you are headed to the beach or the hilltop, the combination of the cool weather and the hot summer puts you at a higher risk for food poisoning. Make sure you eat fully cooked food and not pick from any joint on the way.
Beer: there can be nothing more inviting than a mug of chilled beer for the adults during summer. However, do not forget to pay attention to the calories that get added through it. Be mindful of this fact. We are not saying you should quit, but you definitely need to watch the amount of calories that you are gulping down from the mug.