Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Manorma Devi Chauhan
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Manorma Devi ChauhanYour feedback matters!
Gd mrng sir, what to do for mother milk well secretion or increase i.e)any food or any tonic or syrup or other your valuable medical advice. My baby born in two weeks ago. So, please help me sir for mother healthy condition.
On 3rd feb I had unprotected sex but just for 10 sec I did not ejaculate inside her and next day on 4 feb she took ipill. On 18 feb she got her period for 5 days but in month of march she did not get her period we did not do anything later on we tested and it was luckily negative and now in month of april she got her period from 18th april for 15 days. Can she be pregnant? We are worried. And does ipill is effective to any age whether it be 16-17?
As per a study conducted by the Copenhagen University Hospital, it was revealed that consuming paracetamol during pregnancy can be detrimental for your baby, as it can weaken the development of the reproductive system of female offspring. The research was published in Endocrine Connections journal.
Although, paracetamol is an over-the-counter treatment for pain relief that is commonly taken by pregnant women worldwide. The study was conducted on three individual rodents and the results indicated that the rodents, who were given paracetamol during pregnancy at doses equivalent to those that of a pregnant woman may take for pain relief, produced female offspring with fewer eggs.
Further, Dr. Kristensen said, "Although this may not be a severe impairment to fertility, it is still of real concern since data from three different labs all independently found that paracetamol may disrupt female reproductive development in this way, which indicates further investigation is needed to establish how this affects human fertility."
Do you believe in all the facts about infertility which you hear around you, and which a lot of people believe in? Infertility is the inability of a woman to conceive after having unprotected sex. There are various assumptions and perceptions of people regarding fertility, and many of them are not true. It is important for you to clear such myths and get the facts right.
Here is a list of the most common myths and facts associated with infertility in females:
1. Myth: A woman’s menstrual cycle lasts for 28 days.
Fact: A normal menstrual cycle lasts between 21 to 36 days. 28 days is an approximate estimate.
2. Myth: A woman can become pregnant only on day one of her cycle.
Fact: After the egg gets released, it is available for around 12 to 24 hours. However, a woman can get pregnant five days prior to and two days after the ovulation by having sexual intercourse.
3. Myth: Stress is a factor that leads to infertility.
Fact: Stress has nothing to do with causing infertility. Stress can only lead to some delay in ovulation by suppressing hormones.
3. Myth: Sperm can live for a few hours only.
Fact: Sperm can live for 5 to 6 days in fertile cervical liquid.
4. Myth: A woman must wait for three months for conceiving after stopping the use of birth control pills.
Fact: Birth control pills reduce hormone levels and cause suppressed ovulation. After having the pills, the hormone levels become normal instantly and ovulation is ought to begin during the next menstrual cycle.
5. Myth: Infertility is caused by females primarily.
Fact: According to studies, infertility problems occur in both men and women at an equal rate. 20% of infertility problems occur because of issues faced by both.
6. Myth: Ovulation takes place on the 14th day of the menstrual cycle.
Fact: This is not true, and for counting ovulation you should count 14 days backwards from the last day of your last menstrual cycle.
7. Myth: Having daily sex increases the chance of conception.
Fact: Having sex every other day during ovulation, especially between the 12th and the 16th day of a woman’s menstrual cycle is sufficient as sperm lives more than two days.
8. Myth: Fertility problems start showing at 35.
Fact: A woman reaches her peak fertility stage during her 20’s. Fertility keeps on changing all throughout her life. While some women remain fertile until their late 30’s, some experience problems at an early age. The chances of conceiving decline after attaining the age of 35.
Another common belief is that single embryo transfer lowers the success rate of pregnancy. This is baseless, as women have limited eggs. When they run out of eggs, menopause occurs. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
My baby boy is 6 months old. He have slightly enlarged breast. Breast feeding is going. Is it necessary squeeze the nipple for milk out?
My wife is pregnante and we had first baby 06 years back through operation. What are the chance of normal delivery if scar is 3 mm ?
Hi my name is priti. My delivery date is 10th April 2016 post I have a c section post delivery my stomach is still quit big what should I do? I am tensed.
Homoeopathy for Women’s Health:
Homoeopathy can offer good health to women in all stage of their Lives from infancy through old age. It is beneficial for the full range of emotional, mental and physical problems that a woman is likely to experience, and can help her through the transitional and developmental milestones of her life.
During the teen years homoeopathy can help with the hormonal changes of puberty and the acne that often appears at this time, but primarily it can assist with the emotional upheavals, which frequently occur as little girls make the transition to womanhood.
Later in life when a woman gets pregnant, or has a hard time conceiving (homoeopathy can help with problems of infertility), it can assist with difficulties frequently encountered, such as morning sickness and depression. By treating the mother during pregnancy and making her as healthy as she can be, we can ensure that the baby will be born healthy and free of inherited diseases. By treating throughout pregnancy, we also assist the mother to go through childbirth safely and joyfully.
The homoeopathy healing art is beneficial in helping women overcome the effects of hormonal shock to the system, can occur after a difficult birth ,abortion, hysterectomy, and the use of birth control pills.
Homoeopathy for Women’s Health:
Homoeopathy can be used to treat many common physical and emotional symptoms associated with menstrual cycles, hormone imbalances, and pre-menstrual syndrome. Because of its emphasis on treating the whole patient on a physical, mental and emotional level, it is ideally suited for homoeopathic remedies w+ by stimulating the body’s healing system to regain a sense of balance, problems involving hormonal imbalances respond well to homoeopathic treatment.
Benefits of homoeopathic treatment for women:
Homoeopathic remedies are completely non-toxic and without side-effects. Hence, they can safely be ingested during pregnancy when other types of medicines cannot be freely prescribed. Further, when the mother is homeopathically treated during pregnancy, the foetus is also being treated. Since treatment is constitutional and not symptomatic, both mother and child will be healthier, ensuring an Easier pregnancy and delivery.
Ideally, both parents should be treated before the baby is conceived as remedies act very deeply, right down to the genetic level. For example, a woman who has two children with cleft lips will be able to have a third normal child if given the correct homoeopathic treatment before conceiving the child.
Regarding post-partum depression, much misery can be alleviated by homoeopathic treatment; remedies work quickly and effectively in cases.
Homoeopathy offers a safe and effective solution to the uncomfortable symptoms of menopause compared to HRT which has been found to cause many side effects ranging from nausea and varicose veins to strokes and cancer.
Many women suffer to the personality. Further, many women suffer from low-esteem in our male dominant world. Homoeopathic treatment strengthens the life force and enables the woman to have a stronger sense of self. The patient becomes more stable emotionally, more confident and independent. In many cases, there can be a dramatic change for the better.
What conditions can be treated
Almost any affliction!
Many examples are listed under categories below. The rest of page will highlight several conditions through remedy descriptions.
- Physical- anemia, chloasma (skin pigmentation), chronic fatigue, constipation, cystitis, genital warts, gestational diabetes, growths, hemorrhage, herpes, hot flashes, IBS, incontinence, insufficient, breast milk, mastitis, morning sickness, osteoporosis, piles, PM, poor libido, prolapsed, recovery from surgery, tendency to miscarriage, thrush, thyroid imbalance, vaginal infections, varicose veins.
- Emotional- anger, disappointed love, fright, guilt, grief, irritability, mood swings, post-traumatic stress disorder (eg after sexual abuse), weepiness.
- Mental- anxiety, depression, eating disorders, fears eg of flying, having a deformed baby, low confidence, obsessive- compulsive behavior, pessimism, post- partum depression, sleep disturbances, stage fright, timidity.
Premenstrual Syndrome: When treating a patient for PMS ( pre-menstrual syndrome), the homoeopathic practitioner will select the most appropriate remedy that covers the range of symptoms experienced. These include fluid retention , breast tenderness, headaches, irritability, weepiness, mood swings.
- Homoeopathic treatment is also effective in treating problems associated with menstruation- heavy bleeding, prolonged periods, painful periods, absent periods, etc. It is quite common for women who have experienced debilitating menstrual cramps for many years to have pain- free menstrual cycles after treatment.
- Homeopathy is commonly used to treat uterine fibroids, and homeopathic treatment may prevent the need for a hysterectomy.
- Symptoms of menopause also respond to homeopathy- hot flushes, insomnia, mood swings. See the section on homeopathy during menopause for more information.
- Homeopathy can also be used to treat infertility conditions. Homeopathy can also help couples conceive even when there is no know medical reason for the infertility.
- The range of conditions that may be treated with homeopathy is very wide, and includes cystitis, migraines, fatigue, irritable bowel syndrome, arthritis, anxiety, depression, insomnia, eczema, hay fever, bladder infections, gallstones or kidney stones, respiratory ailments etc.
- In addition, homeopathic treatment is safe and effective pregnancy. It can help with symptoms of morning sickness, heartburn, constipation, and hemorrhoids.
- Increasing numbers of women are making use of homeopathy during labour and childbirth, and homeopathic treatment can be very helpful after delivery, or during breastfeeding
- Homeopathy is truly a friend to women. It is a comprehensive system of medicine which is able to meet the needs to people in all facets of their lives, and through all of life’s transitions. By strengthening the immune system and helping to balance the mind and the emotions, homeopathy can help women achieve the higher purposes of their lives, and feel their very best.
- Homeopathy is ideal for those looking for a safe and natural, as well as complete system of medicine, especially those wanting to take more responsibility for their own health. Homeopathy can be used to treat most illnesses- whether chronic, acute, or first aid.
1. Basil decreases swelling in joints and relaxes muscles.
2. Lemon removes toxins from the body.
3. Bananas have powerful anti-viral properties.
4. Fennel soothes pain and relieves cramps and spasms.
I am 24 years old I am trying to become pregnant. My marriage is on nov 2013. This month I had a viginal discharge more than naturally that we having before mensuration. Is it a symptom of pregnancy or any infection?
With the growing market for organic products, there is a widespread confusion on which product to choose. The same dilemma holds good in selecting the type of bread. White bread or Brown Bread? People are not sure which one to eat to stay healthy. A few quick facts about the two types of bread and which one should be consumed to stay healthy, are given below
White bread is made out of refined wheat flour that has nothing to offer for the body. During the process of making white bread, the bran and wheat germ is removed from the wheat flour and Potassium Bromate, Benzoyl Peroxide or Chlorine Dioxide gas are used for bleaching to generate the whiteness. Potassium Bromate is highly dangerous if consumed in large doses. Chlorine dioxide is also used as a pesticide and is considered hazardous to the environment. When a large amount of white bread is consumed, the refined carbohydrates generate high levels of insulin thus, resulting in higher chances of weight gain. In spite of being globally popular, white bread is highly unhealthy for your body. It is completely devoid of nutrients and it is as harmful as table sugar for the digestive system.
The American Academy of Pediatrics has revealed that whole wheat brown bread is rich in nutrients compared to the white bread. One major factor contributing to the above-mentioned fact is the amount of fiber present in whole wheat brown bread. The increased fiber content slows down the digestion process and thereby, reduces the effect on blood sugar and production of insulin. Other nutrients that are present in brown bread include vitamin B6, E, Folic acid, Zing, Copper and Manganese. Brown bread has lesser amount of calcium as compared to white bread. Many manufacturers claim that they produce brown bread with the same amount of calcium as in white bread. Whole wheat bread contains Phytonutrient also called as plant lignans that have been observed to protect against heart diseases and breast cancer.
Things to consider while buying Brown Bread
The declining demand for white bread has forced a lot of manufacturers to use caramel as a coloring agent to darken white to brown bread. So buyers need to carefully look for the ingredients mentioned in the packing to ensure that they are buying the right product. It is important to check the first ingredient to see whether it is whole wheat or whole meal flour. If the word "enriched" is used, it means that the same flour used for white bread is used. Look for the bread with the minimum ingredients to ensure that you get maximum nutrients and very little additives. Also, make sure the amount of the following ingredients are as given below; sodium should be lesser than 401mg, saturated fat should be 1gm and fiber needs to be 4gm per 2 slices of serving.
To conclude, when it comes to organic and fitness oriented scenarios, brown is always better than white. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dietitian/Nutritionist.
Hey. I am a 26 years old female. Got married 2 years back. Now I want to conceive Can you please tell me more something about pregnancy.
Vitamin C helps stabilize hormone properties and bell peppers also promote healthy blood sugar levels that can reduce hot flashes.
Strawberries are high in phytoestrogens and vitamin C which helps keep hormone levels balanced and hot flashes at bay.
Prime Rose capsules also help reduce hot flashes.
I am 28 years old female. I am suffering from cold. I have this 365 days of the year and this irritates a lot. Nearly 20-30 times I sneeze a day. I have consulted the specialist too but no positive outcome has arrived. I am willing to plan a baby so is that ok to plan so with this all time cold. Will my baby get contracted to it. If not then when should I plan a baby and want to know if I am perfectly fit to conceive.
I am 22 years old and got married recently, i.e 11 months completed. I am suffering with a problem which is bleeding after sex. What is the problem and what should I do to solve it. I am feeling so tensed of it.
On November, I had my periods on date 22. In December I had sex on date 11th. But I had my periods on date 21st. But this month still my periods are not yet. I think the cycle was was 25 to 30 days know. But by counting, it was 31 days. But still my periods are not occurred. What was the reason may be? please tell me.
Since last 6 months I am finding a cyst or lump in my breast and its become painful and hard during my periods days and couple of days before my periods but as soon as my periods get over it become normal and there is no painful and even that hardness is not there .so what should I do for this problem.
An abortion is a procedure which has the potential to be quite complex and is something which does trigger a lot of thought, and with good reason. Taking this into account, a person should also consider the prospect of making use of homoeopathic treatment for the purpose of preventing an abortion.
How homeopathy can help?
- Prevent miscarriage: The field of homoeopathy has a range of options when it comes to medication which can be used for this. To start with there is a medicine which is known by the name Secale. It is recommended quite widely for women who happen to be anaemic and not as strong as they should be, according to the average for a woman who is expecting a child. Secale is also used at the later stages of the pregnancy. The reason for this is the fact that it has the ability to reduce the risk of a miscarriage when the muscular tissue is developed to a fairly advanced extent.
- High risk patients: Another homoeopathic medicine which is often used happens to be Aconite Nap. This is used when there is a real risk of abortion which can possibly be attributed to the pregnant woman being fearful or excited.
- In case of accidents: When a woman is pregnant over the course of roughly 9 months, while it may be ideal to avoid any, in some cases, an accident may take place. While this is obviously very undesirable, to say the least, in this sort of situation, arnica Montana is the homoeopathic solution.
- Treat Weak Uterus: Some women may greatly desire to be mothers but may be hindered on account of having a weak uterus. But with the kind of versatility and diversity homoeopathic has, there is a solution for this problem as well! That would be caulophyllum, which is said to be very effective.
- Control Bleeding: In the case of an abortion which features heavy bleeding, the best medicine would be thlaspi, which is perfectly suited to improve the situation in an expedited manner.
While these may be medicines which are generally made use of, it is to be kept in mind that one of the main reasons that homeopathy as a way of medication happens to work is the fact that it does not only allow for but also actively encourages a great degree of customisation of the program of medication in accordance with the needs of the patient. Keeping this in mind, it is important that the homoeopathic doctor is of a quality which is very good as if there is a case of suboptimal medication, there can be trouble. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Homeopath.