Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Madhulika SharmaYour feedback matters!
I'm 21 and I weigh 76 kgs and I PCOS. Taking garcinia dietary dietary supplement. So does garcinia affect my pcos? And I am taking homeopathic treatment for pcos.Please tell sir .
Infertility is when a female is not able to conceive for almost a year when not using contraception or is not able to carry the pregnancy through to term. With changing lifestyles, the incidence of infertility is on the rise. It is due to a combination of factors including lifestyle changes, improper diet habits, genetics, a healthy relationship, and of course all leading to body imbalances.
Ayurveda believes that infertility is caused by lack of “shukra dhatu” which is basically the reproductive tissue. A healthy semen, healthy ovum, and healthy uterus are essential for a healthy pregnancy. This shukra dhatu is the 7th element and is formed by a sequence of reactions between other 6 dhatus. The entire chain reaction must be healthy to achieve a healthy shukra dhatu, the 7th element. While Bringhana types of foods nourish all the dhatus, the Vrishya types of foods enhance the shukra dhatu per se.
Addressing diet, therapies, and lifestyle changes using a combination of measures is necessary to ensure healthy dhatus are formed, leading to healthy pregnancy.
- Swedanam: This is a form of therapy where there is the use of heavy blankets and some exercises. The idea is to get the patient to sweat out the toxins, and once the toxins are out of the system, fertility is ensured.
- Vamanam: This is a detox system, where vomiting is induced to get the undigested food and toxins out of the body.
- Basti: This involves giving an enema to the person rectally, with the result of achieving cleaner sperms and eggs which are essential for healthy pregnancy.
- Shirodhara: Using medicated herbal oils where they are moved over the forehead at specific points in a rhythmic manner helps in body mind balancing. It stimulates the pituitary gland, hypothalamus, and pineal glands which play a significant role in secreting adequate amounts of hormones essential for pregnancy. FSH is essential for the release of the egg, where the process of fertility begins.
- Gokshura: This is useful in women with polycystic ovaries, where it stimulates the ovaries and is effective in promoting conception.
- Shatavari: This is useful in regulating menstruation and is also useful in women with polycystic ovaries, who generally have a problem conceiving. It nourishes and cleanses the female reproductive organs and restores hormonal balances which are essential for conception and pregnancy.
Lodhra boosts the amount of pregnancy hormones in circulation (FSH and LH). In women who have had repeated miscarriages, giving this a couple of months in advance can help in preventing miscarriages or abortions.
In addition to these, a healthy lifestyle with diet and exercise minus alcohol and smoking leads to overall health, which is very helpful in conception and pregnancy. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.
I am 20 year old girl and since a month I hav pain in my lower abdomen. My periods also came for two day which is not usual. How is it related and what is to be done?
My wife is pregnant. Can you suggest best iron, calcium and protein power for her. Which are easily available at chemist shop.
Hi. My wife is in third month of pregnancy. She often vomits whatever she eats and she has giddiness and stomach pain and morning sickness. We visited a gynecologist and she said vomiting will reduce only after third month. Is there any way to reduce vomiting and giddiness?
I had sex with my gf today at that time small amount of sperm is on her vagina so is there any chance of pregnancy if there is chance of it please tell me the pills name to avoid pregnancy please.
I have PCOS (polycystic ovarian syndrome). So my doubt is that will I be able to conceive? Can I have physical relationships with my husband? Kindly please give a correct answer.
After two months of delivery I am facing problem of pains in my fingers. For treatment I have consulted nd doc provide me multivitamin syrup name lycofastbut it's not working. I feel too much pain when I wash clothes and in morning when I get up. What should I do? Kindly suggest.
Dos 6 - 6. Do eat seafood
Seafood is loaded with vitamins and minerals, such as heart-healthy omega-3 fatty acids, zinc, and iron, which are important for both mom and baby. Unfortunately, undercooked or raw seafood can also cause some problems.
Hello Doctor, My husband penis does not penetrate completely inside me. It can only get half way. I am trying to conceive. Will it be problem for conceiving? He can ejaculate completely. We have tried a lot to penetrate completely. But it won't get inside. I just want to know can I conceive like this?
I am 23 weeks pregnant and my baby heart rate is 152. Is it normal? Can the baby's heart rate change in the pregnancy?
I used condom twice in a week that include ovulation day I am sure that I was in a safer side in using it is there chances of pregnancy.
5th month pregnancy. Low lying placenta not there in 12 weeks pregnancy scan. But observed in 19 weeks pregnancy. What is the reason?
Mujhko har bar period me pet me dard hota he, kya sabhiko ese period me dard hota hai? Dard se rahat kelie desi upchar kya he?
My wife is carrying. And currently 8th month started. She is not getting sleep in the night from last two days. I just want to know the precautions to get good sleep.
I am 27 years female. Today is my 63 days since my last periods. I have took pregnancy test 2 times as per the proper prescription but the same came negative. What could be the reason.
1. Pack it in advance
At the moment, food is still allowed in all forms of transportation (plane, bus, train, boat) so use it to your advantage by packing easy to-go meals and snacks to keep in your carry on. If you are traveling through the airport, all foods must be wrapped, packed, or contained. Also, the no liquid over 3.5 ounces rule applies here so leave dressings, sauces, or creamy substances at home if they are greater than said amount.
Here are 7 healthy travel snack examples:
1) Dried fruit and nut mix – Mix your favorite combo and throw them into the perfectly portioned snack bags. Some of my favorites are pistachios (shelled) and dried cranberries or raisins and almonds. For a lower calorie, crunchier option, add a high fiber cereal (6gm of fiber, 8gm of sugar) 2) nut butter sandwich – choose your favorite and slap it between 2 slices of 100% whole wheat or whole grain bread. I love justin’s nut butter travel packs as an option too.
3) Fruit – Make it easy by throwing a portable fruit in your bag. Apples and bananas are great go-tos for this.
4) Turkey sandwich – Try a low-sodium turkey breast (nitrate/nitrite-free is also a great choice) on 100% whole wheat or whole grain bread with your favorite mustard. Hint: adding mustard in between turkey slices will prevent soggy bread.
5) Veggies slices – If you don’t have the time to cut them, buy them pre-cut and throw them into a sandwich bag. Here’s an article on the best healthy snacks for the office that can also make a great travel snacks.
6) A health food bar – Choose ones that are made from whole and minimally processed ingredients and at least 8 grams of protein. Also, watch the sugar in these bars. Try to aim for less than 12 grams of sugar per bar. Some of my favorites include kindbar protein plus, think thin, nugo bar, oskri bar, clif mojo, the good bar, luna, luna protein, and simply bar.
7) Protein powders – These are great if you have a re-usable water bottle. Throw powder in with water or skim milk and you’ve got a great treat. Tera’s whey and vega offer great to-go packs!
If you are traveling by car, bring a cooler. This will expand your options tremendously!
2. Buy it on your way:
If you weren’t able to pack in advance, which is ideal, you can make the right choice when purchasing food at the airport, train station, gas station, or bus station. A few items that are available at most terminals and stations are:
Turkey or chicken sandwich
Nonfat or lowfat yogurt and fruit
Nuts mixed in nonfat or lowfat yogurt
Salads (with dressing on the side)
Trail mixes (without added sugary candies and chocolate)
Water (don’t go for sugar beverages, just don’t!)
3. Look around
Most of us rush to the station or terminal to sit and wait. Instead of going to the first vendor, use that time to look around at your options (and get some exercise). There has been a huge trend toward offering healthier options in almost all travel areas including airport terminals, bus stations, rest stops, and train stations. I know it isn’t perfect everywhere, but if you pack what you can, you can make it work!
4. Call ahead
If you are on a flight that will be serving meals, call the airline ahead of time. Most airlines will accommodate your health needs by offering meals that are lowfat, vegetarian, gluten-free, low sodium, etc. Or, opt out of airplane food all together by packing your own meal.
5. Stay mindful
Who wants indigestion, an upset stomach, or low energy when traveling? eating unhealthy foods while traveling may be easy, but it won’t make traveling fun. Keep this in mind when perusing your options.
6. Stay hydrated
It is important to stay hydrated while traveling, which is especially important on long flights. We feel most comfortable when humidity is around 50% – meaning the air is 50% saturated with water. Air in an airline cabin can fall to as low as 1% on long flights.
Dehydration can lead to headaches, muscle cramps, fatigue, and reduced concentration. Water and herbal teas are great ways to keep you going. If you are prone to upset stomachs or nausea, bring along a few herbal tea bags such as ginger or chamomile.
7. Smart restaurant choices
These can make or break a diet. Think about the same things you would if you were home:
Take a look at the menu online or ahead of time, if available.
Choose meat and fish items that are steamed, broiled, baked, grilled, poached or roasted.
Choose vegetables that have been steamed over sautéed or fried.
Ask for dressing accompaniments on the side such as dressing, sour cream, cheese, and mayonnaise.
Limit alcohol – I would suggest not doing this while you are in travel, especially if you are driving. If you have other modes and must partake, go for a glass of wine; lite beer; or a small a liquor with club soda, water, or on the rocks.
I am 24 years female. This month my periods are 4 days late and then heavy bleeding since 12 days and stomach pain also. Is there any tablet to stop bleeding flow. Please suggest me what should I do?
3 years have passed after marriage and now we want a baby but the main problem is I don't have sex interests. Even in last 3 years hardly we did the sex. I don't think I have any major prob as before marriage I had a girlfriend and our sex life was very good. I had masturbating habit also and I did almost daily. I smoke regularly. Also pls advise the best time to sex to pregnancy. One more thing when I do sex my erection got completed very very soon and my complete sperm got out from my wife's vagina.
Chronic diseases can be defined as long-term diseases that plague an individual, and are generally progressive in nature, i. E. Their symptoms become worse as time passes by. Some of the common examples of these diseases are diabetes, heart disease, chronic respiratory diseases like COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease) and stroke to name a few.
Their symptoms are progressive and fixed in nature and this causes a lot of hardships in the life of the affected people, ruining the quality of their life. Since these are the diseases one usually lives with, you are supposed to take pills/medicine every day.
It is important that the treatment of chronic diseases is reliable and does not cause any further harm.
Here are some reasons why homeopathy is a better option for chronic diseases.
1. No side effects
Homeopathic treatment not only cures the chronic diseases but also ensures that the medications do not cause any side effects whatsoever. Most of the conventional drugs treat problems but they also cause dangerous side effects that may increase your problems altogether. So, homeopathy is naturally the better option.
2. Permanent treatment
Homeopathy is a better option for chronic diseases because it helps to cure the chronic diseases permanently. This is so because homeopathy follows a holistic approach and treats the root of the problem in order to eliminate the diseases as a whole and not just reduce the symptoms. Also, homeopathic treatment is tailored to meet the specific requirements of the patient, which makes it a more viable option than conventional drugs. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Homeopath.