Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Bhubaneswar and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Flexible Partial Dentures Procedure
Acrylic Dentures Procedure
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Lora MishraYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from halitosis from about 4 5 years. My dental hygiene is good than also I am suffering from it.
My front teeth is getting black day by day. And I remember that in my childhood I got hurt on my teeth. So please I need your suggestion to make it normal.
Whenever I take food or drink water, my right side teeth shows sensitivity. This problem starts from last 2 months. please suggest.
Is it true that coconut oil treats the decay of tooth and there is no need of going to dentist What is procedure to apply it.
Bleeding gums is a sign of gum disease Gingivitis and advanced stage Periodontitis. Bleeding gums happen due to inadequate plaque removal. Germs present in the plaque attack the healthy tissue around the teeth and cause the first stage of gum disease –Gingivitis. Signs and Symptoms of gingivitis include bleeding gums, swollen, red or tender gums and bad breath or taste. If gingivitis is not treated then the plaque will harden into tartar and this will lead to increased bleeding and a more advanced form of gum and jaw bone disease known as Periodontitis which can finally lead to tooth loss.
Causes of bleeding gums include: Poor oral hygiene, brushing too hard, improper flossing, vitamin deficiency- C or K, ill fitting denture, hormonal changes during pregnancy, infection either it can be tooth or gum related. Ongoing gum bleeding may be due to serious medical conditions such as leukemia, bleeding or platelet disorder.
It is important to visit a dentist at first sign of bleeding gums because first stage of gum disease gingivitis can be treated and reversed completely. For further details you can contact us or visit our clinic.
I have dental problem. When I wakeup in the morning my breath smalls so bad. It can me due to stomach problem?
A sparkling set of shiny white teeth can make a smile more appealing and infectious. Yellow teeth can be extremely embarrassing and annoying. The important dental tissues that make up a tooth include the Enamel, Dentin, Cementum and the Pulp, of these four tissues, the enamel (the white and hard teeth surface) and the dentin (pale brown) are responsible for the tooth colour. Any damage to these two tissues bring about teeth discolouration and factors that contribute significantly towards yellowing of teeth include:
- Poor dental care and hygiene like improper and inadequate flossing and brushing techniques.
- Unhealthy lifestyle habits like chewing of tobacco and betel nuts, smoking, excessive consumption of alcohol, tea and coffee.
- Certain medical conditions and treatments (chemotherapy and radiation) can adversely affect the dentin and the enamel. Antihistamines are also known to stain the teeth. It is best to avoid mouth washes containing Cetylpyridinium Chloride.
- With age, the enamel tends to thin naturally exposing the dentin that lies underneath it.
- Fluoride intake in excess can stain and discolour the teeth.
- Yellow or discoloured teeth can also be genetic.
Yellow teeth, though frustrating, can be fully treated. The mode and success of the treatment is largely influenced by the extent of the teeth discolouration.
- Avoid smoking and chewing of tobacco as much as possible. Control the intake of drinks and foods that can stain and discolour your teeth.
- Practice healthy dental hygiene. Brush your teeth twice daily.
- Some whitening agents (over-the-counter) can be effectively used to treat yellow teeth.
- Dental veneers are a great way to deal with yellow teeth.
- For a healthy set of white teeth with pearly shine, consult a dentist every six months.
In addition, several natural and homemade remedies can also prove to be beneficial
- Nothing can treat yellow teeth more effectively than baking soda. Brushing your teeth with toothpaste mixed with baking soda (about a quarter teaspoon) can do the yellow teeth a world of good. Using a mixture of baking soda with vinegar (white), lemon juice and hydrogen peroxide is an effective natural remedy.
- A healthy practice to get rid of yellow teeth is to rub the teeth with orange peel every night.
- Rubbing the teeth with Strawberry paste will help to reduce the yellow stain greatly.
- The benefits of lemon are known to all. Brush your teeth with a mixture of lemon juice and salt. Wash it off after a few minutes and the yellow tinge will be a thing of the past.
- Charcoal, Apples and Basil leaves are powerful natural ingredients to treat yellow teeth.
Your smile is precious! Do not lose it to yellow teeth.