Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Jyotsna AggarwalYour feedback matters!
I have one question. Please answer. If the egg is released on the ovulation period. Time span of the egg is 12 to 24 hours. After expired the egg is alive are not. And how much time to participate in sex to get pregnant. My mensuration cycle is 28 days. At which place the egg will be fertilized. My last period of first day is 25th Dec 2015. Which day I can participate in sex to get pregnant. Please reply my message.
Can you please give me a diet chart during the time of pregnancy. And please recommend me what to eat more for increasing my pregnancy level.
I would like to ask about pregnancy. I was pregnant and took medical abortion. I took medicine on 9th jan 2016 by consulting with a doctor After taking medicine I had heavy bleeding and till today bleeding is continuing. The flow of bleeding is less but its too long I had ultra sound after getting abort but I am not confirmed about the report of ultra sound. Will you please guide me about this.
Menstrual disorders are caused by a variety of factors and affect every woman in a different manner. In most cases, it manifests itself in the form of fluctuations in menstrual flow and irregularity in the monthly cycle. Certain disorders are not too severe and can be easily alleviated.
Some of the most common reasons of menstrual disorders are as follows:
1. Anatomic problems: One fourth menstrual disorders are caused by problems of the anatomy. These include various gynecological issues like the presence of uterine fibroids and polyps, reduced uterine contractile strength, adenomyosis (intrusion of uterine tissue into the muscular wall of the uterus), a uterus with an excessively large surface area, and endometrial cancer.
2. Medications and supplements: There is a wide range of medications and nutritional or hormonal supplements which often cause menstrual disorders in women and lead to fluctuations in the menstrual cycle. These include medicines such as aspirin, ibuprofen, estrogen pills, vitamin E supplements etc.
3. Hormonal imbalance: Fluctuating hormone levels in the body have a direct impact on the menstrual cycle. These fluctuations can be caused by dysfunction in the pituitary gland, thyroid gland or adrenal gland. It can also be a result of malfunction in either or both ovaries and the secretion of hormones originating there.
4. Clotting irregularities: Abnormality in clotting is a cause of heavy menstrual bleeding in women. It leads to exceeding blood loss from minor cuts and gashes and makes one easily prone to bruising. This may also include medical conditions such as thrombocytopenia (platelet dysfunction) and Von Willebrand disease.
5. Miscellaneous factors: These are comparatively rare and require a greater degree of medical attention. It includes conditions such as cervical cancer, ovarian tumors, liver and kidney diseases, uterine infections, extreme psychological stress, obesity, etc. Incidents such as miscarriages and unsuspected pregnancies are also known to cause abnormal menstrual bleeding.
Hi I'm in my second trimester of twin pregnancy. My home is a duplex so I have to go up and down a flight of stairs everyday almost 5-6 times per day. Is it safe? As I am carrying TWINS.
Pregnancy is the most exciting period of a woman's life and has unique challenges. There are numerous well wishers - family members, friends, relatives- giving you free advice as what to do and what not to do for having a healthy baby. Many of these advices are just myths.
Following is a list of common myths and actual realities. It is best to follow your doctor's advice and not believe in myths:
- Your belly shape tells the gender of the baby: One of the most common myths during pregnancy is the shape of a woman's belly. If a woman is carrying high, it is a girl and if she is carrying low it is a boy. The fact behind this is the shape of a woman's belly during pregnancy depends upon her muscle size, tone, amount of fat deposited around her abdomen and also on the position of the baby.
- Your food cravings tell the gender of the baby: Craving for sweet food means it will be a girl and craving for salty food means you will be having a boy. According to literature food cravings have nothing to do with determining the sex of a baby.
- Eating more is needed for pregnancy: Another common myth is that pregnant mother must eat for two. Calorie requirements increase during pregnancy. Pregnant women require about 350kcals more to ensure that the baby is healthy. Eating a balanced diet during pregnancy rather than eating for two is required to fulfil the demands in pregnancy.
- Exercise will harm my baby : Exercises in pregnancy should be started after consulting your doctor and should be performed under a trained professional. Being fit improves your stamina and prepares you for the strenuous process of labour & delivery. Swimming, yoga, moderate amount of exercise, brisk walk are recommended during pregnancy, but should only be practiced after consulting with doctor.
- Sleeping on your back harms the baby: Sleeping on your back will not harm your baby, but you will feel better if you sleep on your left side. Sleeping on your left side actually increases blood flow to your body.
- Eating papaya increases chances of miscarriage: Raw papaya is suspected to be abortifacient. It contains chymopapain which is supposed to induce early labour. Ripe form of Papaya is a good source of vitamin A and is safe during pregnancy.
- Eating Saffron in milk affects the skin tone of the body: Remember skin colour depends upon the genes and food items have nothing to do with skin colour. Saffron has high nutritious content due to presence of Thiamine and Riboflavin. Because of its nutritional value it can be taken in pregnancy in very small doses.
Unable to do sex. It pains a lot. Not able to get wet also. And yes its my 1st time. Trying from last 1 week help.
In ovaluation period is it required to have a daily sex. How to know my partner become conceive and go for pregnancy test.
Dear doctor. I am a 27 year old female. Since the age of 13 to 15 I have been masturbating. In the beginning I dint know why I was doing such act but slowly it became a habit and it gave me immense pleasure. On knowing about the masturbating and reading about it online I still continue doing it. The desire is at its peak before and after my menstrual cycle. My concern is each time I masturbate I pee after the act. Plus my abdomen pain the next day after that. I also feel I have immensely increased my breasts off late. Please educate me. What is write or wrong. If their is any medicine which could prevent me from not masturbating. Plus being a 27 year old female and a virgin masturbation help me control my emotions and stress. Please guide me.
I am going through irregular period I have to get my date on 7th of march but I did not and my last period is on 7th of feb from feb to march 12 I am with my parent (no intercourse) after 12 th of march I am with my husband up to date are there any chances that I my conceive (pregnant)?
I am 21 years old. I feel pain while intercourse from last 5 day. My husband is also not happy because of this problem. Dr. Please help me.
My wife's period date is 26, today after 10 days she did not get period nor pregnancy, we try to chek it by prega news but it's saw negative, what should I have to do?
I am 27 years old. This month I missed my period. Usually I use to get my periods with in 22 to 26 days. But this time 32 days over but I didn't get my period yet. I took home pregnancy test on 32nd day and result came negative. I am in confusion. Is it too early to test. Am I still can be a pregnant? I never missed my periods beyond 32 days. Please advise
I am six months pregnant and diabetic and my sugar is not in control what can I do? I am doing whole household work and regular minimum exercise.
Crooked teeth can cause several problems including gum issues and functional deficiencies. Also they give a negative image when you smile. With good orthodontic treatment, you can get well aligned teeth with excellent results and in turn a more confident you.
I am 19 years old. I had pregnancy symptoms but when I test it comes negative. How I can confirm pregnancy.
What are the foods that a PCOS patient should avoid in a low carb diet? Doc's suggest for small portion meals in 2.5 or 3 hrs interval. If taking small portion meals is not possible then what should be done as I have a sedentary and hectic work schedule.
Abdominal massage with cinnamon and ginger infused oil is effective to lessen the cramps pain and provide relief during menstruation.