Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Flexible Partial Dentures Procedure
Acrylic Dentures Procedure
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Golam WakilYour feedback matters!
There is a lot of pain in my wisdom tooth, I thought wisdom tooth is coming now so I am getting pain but I am not sure. It is from last one week and becoz of that my ears are also paining, last 2 days I took pain killer but it will effect for only sometime.
My sister used to brush every day and night. She had a cavity and it was treated. But she found her mouth smells bad though drinking more water. What should do to get rid of bad breath?
About 15 days back I got a cut by my teeth inside the corner of my mouth while eating food. Its not recovering or healing. Kindly suggest how to get recovered from this cut.
One of the main reasons of a severe headache is a prolonged toothache. Toothaches are extremely painful and can prevent you from enjoying your food. It becomes difficult to speak if toothache is unbearable.
Causes of Toothache:
Tooth fracture resulting from an accident.
A painful infection at the root of your teeth or your gums. This is known as tooth abscess.
Chewing gum continuously and grinding the teeth.
How does toothache cause headache?
Sometimes, a tooth becomes very inflamed and since the nerve endings are connected to the brain, this, in turn makes the pain travel to different parts of your head. Generally, people with bad cavities or caries have major headaches and migraines.
The inside of a tooth consists of a pulp. This pulp can get infected. If this tooth happens to lie in the upper jaw, then the pain is transferred to the head which can cause a severe headache.
Headaches can also be caused by TMJD (Temporomandibular joint dysfunction). This usually occurs spreading from the face, jawline and neck right up to the head. In extreme cases, the jaws might be locked up and it makes clicking or grinding noises. Misalignment of the teeth can be a cause by TMJD which in turn affects the head greatly.
- If you are detected with TMJD, your jaws need to be healed, first thing you should do is to visit an expert dentist in order to get the underlying cause of toothache treated. It is always recommended to get a proper treatment started, do not emphasize the use of self-medications.
- If the headache persists due to toothache, it is advisable to take a painkiller as prescribed by your dentist.
- Use an ice pack or a towel dipped in cold icy water, and hold it against the area of toothache. Do not put ice directly on your tooth as it might increase the pain ten folds due to tooth sensitivity.
- You can also apply numbing gel so that your tooth stops hurting. This in turn, will make your headache reduce.
- Toothache is also caused by small amounts of food which get stuck inside your teeth or between your gums, so it is necessary to clean your teeth thoroughly and floss it regularly to avoid toothache.
- Avoid chocolates and sweets. If you still get a cavity, you should visit your dentist immediately.
- Dental abscess also causes headache. In this situation, a root canal treatment is recommended.
When I move my head towards back side I listen a clicking sound from my neck snd I think it is due to my postural problem. I also listen a clicking sound from my right side of jaw when I open my mouth. Is this postural problem connected to tmj? And how to correct my posture and jaw problem through exercises?
Which toothpaste is best? I want to know because I used the DABUR RED. I think this is the best one because its made in naturally.
1. What does the toothpaste do?
Toothpaste is an abrasive material which helps in mechanical action of toothbrush in removing plaque and debris from teeth and gums. Some medicated toothpastes are available which contain fluoride which helps in preventing tooth decay. Also toothpaste helps in removing bad breath and halitosis.
2. How much toothpaste do we need to brush our teeth?
For kids below 3 years of age just a “Smear” of toothpaste is needed.
For age above 3 years “Pea size” amount of tooth paste is enough.
3. Can we brush our teeth without toothpaste?
Major cleaning action is performed by toothbrush & toothpaste is only an adjunct to it. So, minimal amount of toothpaste is sufficient combined with a good brushing technique.
I am 25 years old. I am getting sensitivity problem in teeth. So what toothpaste actually I should use? Problem arise more with cold stuff.
Why tongue ulcer occur again and again after few months. My age is 33 yrs. please tell me the reason. Thanks
I brush my teeth regularly twice a day but the colour remains yellowish, what can I do to whiten my teeth?
avoid carbonated drinks (gas), and if consumed atleast avoid it at night times because they acid containing and helps germs to attack tooth more easily. follow this and have a healthy teeth and smile, TAKE CARE.