Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Deepti Dahiya
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Deepti DahiyaYour feedback matters!
I have gone through laparoscopy for fibroids and endometriosis in dec 16, now I have got low AMH level. Please suggest if there is any treatment to improve reproductive health.
I am having pcod .trying for pregnancy from last 6 months but no results. Im on medications from last 4 months. What should I do to conceive .i knw im overweight. Im trying to reduce but weight is not reducing. Getting stressed and irritated.
I am newly married and I want to sex with my wife without condom and I also not want her pregnant up to 3 to 4 years how its possible .Give me any better solution
I had unprotected sex and I took ipill within 2 hours and 2 days before of my periods. Today is 5th day still I am not bleeding please help me how to cure this and getting back my periods early and I had 2 medicine regular by last 3 days 1. B-LONG 2. EVECARE CAP. Is this benefits for me?
Hi I am a 26 years old male who had unprotected sex with my female frnd. Nxt day I have a small sore (its like a pimple) on my lower abdomen wic is painful n sore throat, lower abdomen pain. But aft 5 days lower abdomen pain is gone n sore is nt vry painful. Wt is it exactly? Am I infected with std?
Herpes is caused due to the presence of the herpes simplex virus in your body. Herpes can appear on multiple areas of your body, but more commonly manifests in the genitals as well as the mouth. The two types of herpes are HSV-1 (oral herpes) and HSV-2 (responsible primarily for the outbreak of genital herpes).
Causes of Herpes Simplex:
- Herpes is contagious in nature and can be passed to you by having sexual intercourse with anyone who has been infected. HSV 2 is the primary form of the virus, which is transmitted in this manner.
- Herpes could be transmitted to an infant from their mother if she was infected while pregnant.
- It can also get passed through direct contact like using the same plates or spoons or even the sharing of lip balm. Even kissing can spread the virus if the infected person has cold sores.
Symptoms of Herpes Simplex:
- The presence of blistering sores within the mouth or in the genital area is a telltale sign that you may have contracted genital herpes.
- If you are having painful urination then you should check with your doctor for the herpes virus.
- Continuous itching in certain areas such as the genitals.
- Not wanting to eat, having a fever could also be symptoms of herpes simplex virus in your body.
- Herpes can spread to your eyes and is known as herpes keratitis. It can cause pain in your eyes.
Diagnosis of Herpes Simplex:
- The common way to diagnose herpes is with an actual physical exam. Doctors will generally look out for sores on your body and may also check for some similar symptoms which might indicate herpes simplex.
- HSV testing (alternately called herpes culture) is done to check the presence of a virus on the genitals. A fluid sample from the genitals is sent to laboratory for tests and will require a visit to the health center.
- There are blood tests to look for antibodies for both forms of HSV to diagnose the infections. However, this test is done only when there is and absence of sores or visible symptoms. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.