Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best General Physicians online in raibag. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Shin Splits
Management of Smoking Cessation
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Weight Management Treatment
Management of Surrogacy
Asthma Management Program
Skin Detoxification Treatment
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Health Check Up
Health Screening For Men
Health Screening For Women
Being unable to deal with erectile dysfunction can cause men to lose their self-esteem, feel angry, anxious and frustrated, or even lose interest in sex altogether. This can threaten their relationships and may even result in depression.
Erectile dysfunction is treatable, but the time before and during treatment may be difficult. Here is some advice to assist you and your partner in getting your sex life back on track.
The Connection Between Erectile Dysfunction and Depression
Think of the brain as a highly sensitive sex organ. Sexual desire starts in the brain and works its way down. That's because of special brain chemicals known as neurotransmitters. These chemicals increase communication between brain cells and trigger more blood flow to the sex organs. The problem is, with depression and other mood disorders, the brain circuits that communicate using these chemicals don't function properly.
Many men and women with depression tell of having low or no sexual desire. And that puts a tremendous strain on intimate relationships.
Diagnosing Erectile Dysfunction and Depression:
Erectile dysfunction is a very common problem as about 50% of men above 50 years of age suffer from it. Therefore, it is crucial to recognize depression when it is part of the problem. Here is how depression is diagnosed when it is known you have erectile dysfunction:
- Loss of Sexual Desire
- Erectile dysfunction starts happening after a traumatic event like loss of a job or of a loved one
- Feelings of stress, anxiety or frustration
- Pessimistic outlook to life
Coping with Erectile Dysfunction and Depression:
- Antidepressants: Antidepressants are used to treat depression, however some antidepressants worsen erectile dysfunction, therefore it is crucial that you explicitly explain your condition to your doctor.
- 2. Therapy: Therapy is performed by a licensed mental health expert who will identify and help you overcome all the issues which are depressing you.
If you wish to discuss on any specific problem, you can consult a sexologist and ask a free question.
My wife, suffers instantly from skin allergies as soon as she puts on woolen garment during cold season, any suggestions please.
My Penis is bend downwards when its hard. What should I do to make it straight nd upwards, when its hard?
I have pain in my throat while eating something but there is no irritation like feeling. Please help.
When I rub my part of body it becomes red and I get some itchiness on that part. I have consult doctor he gave me. Paracetamol+cetrizine and tablet for loose motion. I can't get relief from it. Please suggest me some tablets or methods.
How to do masturbation effectively? Is masturbation is bad habit? Is there any side affects? How many times can I do for a week? What are the precaution should I take?
I am suffering from fistula in anus from last 5 years, I need homeopath treatment, please suggest medicine.
During masturbation, I ejaculate within 5 min and it takes about 20 min for next erection of penis. This leads to disappointed for me as because I need more time for ejaculation. I do not roughly stroke my penis, I do general way of masturbation. I do lots of Kegel exercises and other penis exercises to last longer. Please guide me how to hold back ejaculation during masturbation. In this connection I want to inform you that my penis is 17 cm long (when erect). Is this a good size or should I have to gain more. Hoping for your immediate and kind response.
What is the remedy to reduce high uric level (15.5. From the body. I have been drinking 3-4 glass of water daily, taking apple cider via near and lemon juice without sugar Twice daily. But still the next day when I get up in the morning, the pain starts again. Please help, If any Doctor can prescribe me any medicine or natural product. Which would help in dissolving the high uric acid from the body.
I am having a regular head ache. I have consulted to many doctors but there is no cure. What should I Do?
I have a sebaceous cyst at neck . Is operation is the only solution or any other.If i neglect the treatment what are the future problems? please help me
Did you know that regular sex intensifies your immunity power from various allergens and viruses, relieves you from daily stress and anxiety, and even aids in protecting the health of a man's prostate gland by pouring out the fluids within it. Regular intercourse also helps in releasing of chemicals, which improve mood as well as ease pain. May be no one told this to you, and so you have never known it. But every person can and must have intercourse until the old age! Though menopause in older women does influence the sexual drive, there is no reason why a healthy man or a woman cannot savour sexual pleasure at any point in life. Yes, the intensity and nature of the intercourse may change, but the pleasure and love will never be less.
In case your sex drive has reduced, you have plenty of reasons to bounce it back and spice up your life with a few easy tips:
- Have regular sex: This is the foremost thing that you must keep in mind. It will aid in keeping your sex drive in top gear by spiking up testosterone production, which is the hormone primarily in charge of libido in both men and women.
- Try to get rid of smoking: In case you are a chain smoker, it is advised that you pay a visit to your doctor and ask for a nicotine patch. If you ask why, it is because there is scientific evidence that smoking can clog the blood vessels in the male genitals, the way it blocks the arteries of the heart.
- Make a list of all the medicines you administer: Did you know that over 200 medicines may cause erectile dysfunction and other sexual troubles like reduced sex drive? This list includes regular medications like those used to treat high blood sugar, blood pressure, heart problems, depression and even stomach problems. So make a list of all your medicines and consult your physician to know if any of them are causing a reduction in your sexual drive. Of course, you will not be able to stop taking the medicine your body needs, but at least you can ask your doctor to change the brand or composition or dose of the medication.
- For women: Practice kegel workout: In case you have forgotten what kegel exercise is, then these are the squeezing workouts that your physician asked you to practice regularly because you faced some trouble with leaking urine. May be you are not aware that these exercises are very good for strengthening your pubococcygeus muscles, which are needed for orgasm. So practice them every day for twenty minutes.
There are many other ways to improve your sex life, and it varies from individual to individual. While consuming pesto and supplements of ginkgo biloba are great for men, there are various forms of lovemaking; be it staring at your partner or touching him or her sensuously. You must consult a sexologist to know about better ways of enhancing your conjugal life.
Slapping someone and then saying sorry doesn't work