Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Arushi AggarwalYour feedback matters!
Under PFA Section 44AA, the use of calcium carbide for artificial ripening of mangoes, apple, plum, banana is prohibited and can attract both imprisonment and fine.
Calcium carbide powder is usually kept wrapped in paper between the fruits (unripe mangoes) in a basket or box.
Once the basket of mango is closed from the top, calcium carbide absorbs moisture and produces acetylene gas, which accelerates the ripening process of fruits.
The health hazards are related to the gastrointestinal tract, kidney, heart, liver and brain and in long run cancer.
Calcium carbide 1kg is available for Rs. 25/? and is sufficient to ripen 10 tons of fruit.
How do we know that the fruit has been artificially ripened with calcium carbide?
It will be less tasty.
The aroma will be different
It is uniform in color.
The color of the mango changes from green to dark yellow.
It will have a shorter shelf life.
It will be overtly soft.
There may be black patches on the mango skin.
There may be multi color patches on the skin of the mango (Red, yellow, green patches)
How should artificially ripened fruits be handled?
Never eat off?season fruits, especially before time
Rinse all fruits in running tap water for few minutes before use.
Sir, my endocrinologist gave me 10 mg methimez, after delivery, as my free t4 is 4.2, free t3 is 11, TSH is less than 0.01, in pregnancy it was in remission, now again the levels are like this, I have started since five days, am getting muscle and nerve pains in centre of palms and feet what should I do sir, one year back I used vit d (Tayo 60k). Does methimez cause pain, I have used neomercazole for six months and methimez for one years and I got pregnancy, now again started, will this Graves disease go away? I don't want to undergo other treatments sir, please tell me in detail sir.
Mere breast me itching ki problem hai nipple me kuch white liquid type bhi lagta hai I am not married what is that? Please advise.
I have read on internet that if some person is tested negative for HIV antibody test, means I.He is not infected with HIV, OR Ii.He is in window period, OR Iii.He will never develop antibody for HIV So, my worry is that even after HIV antibody test after window period, a person cannot be 100% sure that he is not infected with HIV because there is some possibilities that he may never develop antibodies against HIV. 1.Is there any further test to rule out this possibilities? 2.Even if a person infected with very small amount of virus, Is it possible that he develop antibody very late? 3.Is p24 antigen test work for HIV-2?
Osteoporosis is a disease that affects the bones of its sufferers. This is most commonly found in women, especially in those who are close to, or going through, menopause. Hormonal changes around this period in a woman's life usually lead to various changes in her body. One of these changes includes loss of bone tissue which can leave the patient with brittle and weak bones, a condition that is also known as osteoporosis. This condition literally imbibes the word porous, meaning hollow bones. It is born from an acute deficiency of calcium and Vitamin D. The DEXA Scan or bone density test, also known as the Dual Energy X Ray Absorptiometry Scan, is one of the most effective tests that can help you in detecting this kind of damage or thinning bones. Here's why.
- Fractures: The DEXA Scan is an important one because it sends low energy beams to areas like your joints and tissues to show how susceptible you are to fractures. It does so by measuring the strength of the tissues as well as the bones to see how brittle they may be.
- Other Ailments: Measuring the thinning of your bones can also point to the presence of other ailments that may have gone unnoticed or undetected, earlier. These can include kidney disease, hyperparathyroidism which happens due to overactive secretions of the said gland, as well as liver disease due a malfunctioning liver, intestinal disease and various disorders in the intestinal tract, and a serious Vitamin D deficiency. With this scan, you can get an insight into the other parts of the body affected by the bone density, and whether or not they are functioning properly.
- Estrogen: Simply checking the estrogen levels cannot ascertain whether or not you have osteoporosis, as a high estrogen level can be credited to a particularly heavy period cycle. It does not show the bone health the way a DEXA Scan does.
- Easy and Standardised: This method of scanning usually happens with the help of a mounted X ray machine type, hand held gadget which can be extended to conduct the scan. This is an easy and standardised method that releases low levels of radiation which also makes it a healthier option.
- Bone Density Scores: The T Scores and Z scores point towards the bone density and help in diagnosing the condition efficiently. With a systematic scoring system, it is a sure shot test for osteoporosis.
Osteoporosis is a serious condition. The first step in treating the same is to get a detailed scan like the DEXA scan done, so as to test the extent of the bone thinning to ensure that proper and timely treatment takes place.
My periods r irregular from last 4.5 month. After every 20 days. Legs pain lower back pain n left side pain before one week prior periods headache as well. Burning in lower legs. Wat should I do. Pls suggest.
I had intercourse on 29th Jan and was dur with my period cycle on 20th Feb. But was late. I took homeopathic medicines but had only mucus and spotting. I also had low BP recently. I am 20 and have never missed my cycle except once when homeopathic med helped. If there is a chance of pregnancy, I need to terminate it ASAP.
While the social stigma pertaining to women's sexuality is gradually reducing, questions addressing the sexual concerns and problems of women are also more widely and openly discussed now. The debate of whether to completely forgo sexual activity during menstruation is one that continues to have divided opinions even now.
The idea of intercourse during 'the time of the month is one that seldom receives an approving nod. Inhibitions relating to the 'mess' and the notion that menstrual blood, sanitary pads, and tampons can lower your arousal rates may underplay the many benefits of engaging in sexual activity during this time:
1. Helps ease cramps
The release of oxytocin and dopamine along with other endorphins alleviates the cramps and body-ache that one might encounter during periods. Sex promotes better blood flow and relieves stress and can help battle mood swings during periods.
2. Shortens the length of periods
Many women who engage in sex during menstruation often claim that their periods last for a comparatively shorter span of time if engage in sex. This is because every time you have an orgasm, the uterus contracts. The muscle spasms of orgasm allow expulsion of blood and uterine lining faster than it is usually subjected to.
3. No need for lubes
Your flow acts as better lubricant during sex and this also enhances pleasure. This might act as a natural way to deal with dryness during sex and one may avoid store-bought lubricants during the time of the month.
4. Chances are that you might actually like it!
Changes in hormonal balances during the first few days of periods can make women more desirous of sexual activity and the partners may enjoy a greater level of pleasure. Sex during periods also ushers in a feeling of deeper intimacy between the partners. An intensified sense of libido that one may feel during this time is extremely beneficial to sexual activity. The pleasure is therefore greater and you might actually like it more than sex on normal days!
How to minimize the mess?
If your primary concern is the 'mess' that you're afraid to create, a menstrual cap or female condom may be the solution to your problem. They help reduce the blood flow during sexual intercourse. In fact, even a regular condom can make it less messy, at least for you partner. Sex in the shower also elevates cleanliness while retaining (often increasing) the excitement in your sexual act.
Hi, my best buddy is born without uterus, she has ovaries in normal size, she is quite normal like other females, will there be any problems in her marriage sexual life. Is there any advanced science in getting her own baby.
Me and my girlfriend had sex and used pull-out method. But while ejecting some fell near her vagina. So she took Ipill within 72 hrs. Her first period came in 7 days which was very light and second period was delayed for 6 days. Now she's is in exact middle of the cycle and she's having pain the middle of lower abdomen. What will the reason for this? Is there a possibility that she is pregnant?
Safe days kon kon se hote he Kya period k 18 days k baad b pregnancy k chance hote he kya Ovulation day to 14 15 16 days me ho jata he na Kyoki mene sex 7 se 19 days tak kiya he kitni sambhawna he garbh vati hone ki.
5 ways to cultivate self-awareness
1. Create some space for yourself. When you are in a dark room without windows, it is fairly difficult to see things clearly. The space you create for yourself is that crack on the wall where you allow light to come through. Leave yourself some time and space every day – perhaps first thing in the morning or half an hour before sleep when you stay away from the digital distractions and spend some time with yourself, reading, writing, meditating, and connecting with yourself.
2. Practice mindfulness. Mindfulness is the key to self-awareness. Jon kabat-zinn defines mindfulness as “paying attention in a particular way, on purpose, in the present moment, non-judgmentally”. Through mindfulness practice, you will be more present with yourself so that you can “be there” to observe what’s going on inside and around you. It is not about sitting cross-legged or suppressing your thoughts. It is about paying attention to your inner state as they arise. You can practice mindfulness at any time you want, through mindful listening, mindful eating or walking.
3. Keep a journal: writing not only helps us process our thoughts but also makes us feel connected and at peace with ourselves. Writing can also create more headspace as you let your thoughts flow out onto paper. Research shows that writing down things we are grateful for or even things we are struggling with helps increase happiness and satisfaction. You can also use the journal to record your inner state. Try this at home –choose a half day on a weekend, pay close attention to your inner world – what you are feeling, what you are saying to yourself, and make a note of what you observe every hour. You may be surprised about what you write down!
4. Practice being a good listener. Listening is not the same as hearing. Listening is about being present and paying attention to other people’s emotions, body movement and language. It is about showing empathy and understanding without constantly evaluating or judging. When you become a good listener, you will also be better at listening to your own inner voice and become the best friend of yourself.
5. Gain different perspectives: ask for feedback. Sometimes we can be too afraid to ask what others think of us – yes sometimes the feedback may be biased or even dishonest but you will be able to differentiate them from real, genuine and balanced feedback as you learn more about yourself and others. Research has shown conducting 360 degree feedback in workplace is a useful tool to improve managers’ self-awareness. We all have blind spots, so it is helpful to gain different perspective to see a fuller picture of ourselves.
Self-awareness, as “arguably the most fundamental issue in psychology, from both a developmental and an evolutionary perspective”, is a rich and complicated subject. As human beings, we may never fully understand ourselves, if there is such a destination. But perhaps it is the journey of exploring, understanding and becoming ourselves that makes life worth living.