Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Archana KhuranaYour feedback matters!
My wife took a contraceptive pill during menses and she is getting heavy blood loss even after the completion of menses dates with heavy pain.
I am 17. It's been 11 days since there has been an accidental touch of penis near my vaginal area. I don't exactly recall where. He had precum maybe. It touched only for a fraction of seconds. There had been a pregnancy scare ever since. I had tried out various home remedies for inducing early periods or miscarrying. My periods started 2 days ago. But I am confused whether it's implantation bleeding. The blood is bright red, but lighter than my usual periods. It contains a few clots too. I had been experiencing stomach cramps but no symptoms of pregnancy. Is there any possibility of me being pregnant?
Hi I can use nonfat capsules I have pcod problem egg not growing ovarian cyst not there So I have to reduce weight 64 kg Height 5.3 Age 24 Please tell me.
My mother is 49 years old, weighs 72kgs. 2 months back she was checked for fibroid. The test showed an advanced level of fibroid. Further more everyday in the evening her body temperature increases and it gets very painful. This has been happening for about 2 months. She is consulting a physician for bp and diabetes for 7 years by now. She is expecting it to get cured by itself and taking some homeopathic medicines. Please suggest me what to do?
I m 28 years old. I m going to married. In7 days. I don't know that how many times and how many days I m having sex with my wife to get her pregnant.
Human sexuality is involves biological, erotic, physical, emotional, social, or spiritual feelings and behaviors.
The biological and physical aspects of sexuality largely concern the human reproductive functions, including the human sexual response cycle. Physical and emotional aspects of sexuality include bonds between individuals that is expressed through profound feelings or physical manifestations of love, trust, and care.
Sexuality also affects and is affected by cultural, political, legal, philosophical, moral, ethical, and religious aspectsInterest in sexualactivity typically increases when an individual reaches puberty. Genetic studies work on In the study of human chromosomes in human sexuality,research has shown that "ten percent of the population has chromosomal variations that do not fit into the XX-female and XY-male set of categories"
The study of sexualityalso includes human identity within social groups, sexually transmitted infections (STIs/STDs).
GenderdifferencesSeealso: Sex differences in psychology § Sexualbehaviorother aspects of humansexuality, such as sexual satisfaction, incidence of oral sex, and attitudes toward homosexuality and masturbation, show little to no observed difference between males and females
Biological and physiological aspects-
Human reproductive system Like other mammals, humans are primarily grouped into either the male or female sex with a small proportion (around 1%) of intersex individuals, for whom sexual classification may not be as clear.The biological aspects of humans' sexuality deal with the reproductive system, the sexual response cycle, and the factors that affect these aspects. They also deal with the influence of biological factors on other aspects of sexuality, such as organic and neurological responses, heredity, hormonal issues, gender issues, and sexual dysfunction.
The hypothalamus is the most important part of the brain for sexual functioning. This is a small area at the base of the brain consisting of several groups of nerve cell bodies that receives input from the limbic system. Studies have shown that within lab animals, destruction of certain areas of the hypothalamus causes the elimination of sexual behavior.[ The hypothalamus is important because of its relationship to the pituitary gland, which lies beneath it.The pituitary gland secretes hormones that are produced in the hypothalamus and itself. The four important sexual hormones are oxytocin, prolactin, follicle-stimulating hormone, and luteinizing hormone. Oxytocin, sometimes referred to as the "love hormone, is released in both sexes during sexual intercourse when an orgasm is achieved.[ Oxytocin has been suggested as critical to the thoughts and behaviors required to maintain close relationships. The hormone is also released in women when they give birth or are breastfeeding. Both prolactin and oxytocin stimulate milk production in women ] Follicle-stimulating hormone (FSH) is responsible for ovulation in women, which acts by triggering egg maturity; in men it stimulates sperm production. Luteinizing hormone (LH)triggers ovulation, which is the release of a mature egg.
It is not just emotional well-being or compatibility that gives you a happy life with your partner. It is also important that you share an interesting physical relationship and have a sense of fulfillment with your partner in bed to explore the bliss of conjugal life. It has often been observed that most couples complain of not reaching the orgasm while having sexual intercourse with each other.
This issue is especially faced by women, who claim to have never experienced orgasm during the action. Well, this is a condition that has medical help. You can always be frank and honest to your doctor and share the problem.
Things to know before calling up a doctor
Orgasm is often attached to psychological strings. Most women don’t experience orgasm due to psychological reasons like hesitation, unconfident about own body, a feeling of guilt or depression. In such cases, a doctor can help you by counselling. But, you must know that you are absolutely normal and can have a normal sex life. It is just the psychological barriers that are preventing you from reaching the orgasm.
Surprising Causes Behind It
- Wearing high heals
- Sitting on a desk all day long
- Lack of masturbation
When you must visit the doctor?
Your orgasm can be affected by a number of physical problems or serious health issues. Diseases like diabetes and multiple sclerosis usually affect the nerves and therefore reduce the ability to reach orgasm. You can immediately consult the doctor for resolving such issues.
Exercise helps sharpen the mind. Exercise improves mental functioning by enhancing oxygen rich blood flow to particular areas of brain during physical activity. It speeds up memory and boosts growth of brain cells and helps reduce the risk of dementia and mild coognitive impairment
I am 23 years old having pcod and hormonal imbalance. Took krimson 35 last month due to irregular periods. But I have spotting problem and after 28 days I got periods but first day was spotting then next day is heavy then again spotting till 5 th day. Is this normal flow or I need to consult doctor.
Infection is generally understood as the invasion into the body tissues of an organism by certain foreign bodies such as bacteria, parasite, and virus. They are transmissible diseases and can be transmitted from one person to the other via sneezing, coughing or physical contact. They can be mild, moderate or severe.
- They can be acute, that is, can last for a short time, or chronic that lasts for a long time, or a latent infection that may not cause any symptoms at first but reactivates and resurfaces over a period of time.
- Although each infection has its own distinct symptom. Generally, these symptoms include fever, swelling, redness, inflammation, burning, cough, diarrhea, fatigue, muscular pain, nausea, vomiting, rapid pulse or rapid breathing.
- If the patient has a severe headache, difficulty in breathing, painful swelling and unexplained prolonged fever or cough, he or she should immediately consult a doctor.
Conventional drugs that are given to treat infections like antibiotics, antiviral, antihistamines and steroids have many side effects on the human body. They on one hand hamper the digestive power of the system and on the other hand lower the immunity power of the body. In the long run, these medicines can have adverse effects on the body. Though conventional drugs suppress the disease for some time, the disease tends to resurface in the future.
However, Homeopathy has been found to be of great success in treating both acute and chronic infections. The best part is that, there is no side effect. Homeopathy also boosts our immune system so that the body naturally develops the strength to fight against infections in future, when foreign bodies invade. Homeopathic medicines have also proved to be effective as preventive measures against infections.
Some of the Homeopathic medicines for the treatment of most common infections are discussed below:
- Throat infections: Belladonna, Lachesis, Lycopodium, Phytolacca, and Mercurius are most commonly administered to cure throat infections.
- Skin infection: Common homeopathic remedies are Sulphur, Calendula, Hypericum, Silica, and Hepar sulfuris.
- Bladder infection: Berberis, Chimaphila, Hydrastis, Apis, Cantharis, and sarsaparilla are commonly prescribed.
- Stomach infection: Arsenic album, Nux vomica, Carbo veg, Lycopodium, and Pulsatilla are commonly recommended.
- Sinus infection: Kali bichromicum, Pulsatilla, Mercurius, Natrum muriaticum, and Allium cepa work well in cases of sinus infections.
Most of the Homeopathy medicines are prescribed on the basis of symptoms observed. So, Homeopathic medicines are prescribed, even before the definitive diagnosis is made. Thus, the time saved prevents the infection from spreading, and the patient is automatically cured rapidly.
Hi I had sex with my bf and it was too painful we had to stop and I burst out crying, it's normally just about painful at the start, but this time it was just too much, he was really understanding but it just really upset me thinking that I mightn't be able to have sex in the near future as I'm.
Pleasuring yourself is not a bad thing, however, most of us are afraid to admit it in front of the society at large. Due to our lack of knowledge and the fact that we do not discuss it openly has given rise to a number of myths about it. Here we are busting top 6 myths associated with masturbation.
- It can cause you to suffer from Erectile Dysfunction: Erectile Dysfunction refers to the inability to maintain or get an erection during intercourse. The causes of this sexual dysfunction are varied, but masturbation doesn't figure in the list of causes. What really happens is that when you masturbate repeatedly, you become used to your own touch or to a certain kind of sensation. As a result, you may find it difficult to have orgasms with your partner.
- Reduces sex drive: Masturbation does not reduce your sex drive or prevent you from having orgasms. Many people also claim that women get addicted to vibrators and cannot enjoy sex without them. However, there is no truth behind this.
- Children do not masturbate: Masturbation is a normal childhood habit, wherein young children discover the private parts of their bodies and the feelings of pleasure that arise from this activity. Most children begin to play with their private parts by about 5-6 years of age. A child can masturbate once a week or several times a day. There are even researches out there that show male foetuses masturbating in the womb.
- It can cause blindness: Blindness is the most outrageous myth associated with self-induced orgasms. Till date, there has not been a medical case to prove it.
- People in relationships do not masturbate: Whether you're single or in a relationship, masturbation is a healthy sexual activity that you can engage in to fulfil your sexual desires. Studies show that masturbation is a very common behaviour; about 92% of men and 62% of women masturbate. Sometimes, couples also engage in masturbation together as part of their sexual activity.
- It causes infertility: Pleasuring yourself does not reduce your chances of getting pregnant or getting someone else pregnant. However, for men with a low sperm count, restricting ejaculations while trying to get their partner pregnant is a good idea. The only way masturbation can lead to infertility is if partners who share sex toys do not keep them clean and pass on STDs through them.